Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 49,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Tip us?

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBandit View Post
I'll gladly set up a Google Code Page for you...I'll do the same thing I did for randomblame and his original Jellytime Project...link to that project page is in my sig.

I appreciate the offer. I think it's a little too early for that. Our LTE variants are most likely going to be officially supported given that N7100 is already (by nebkat). Once they figure out the minor mods that need to be done to get Cm10 running, I'm sure they'll create an official device tree.

I'll try to get this running. If I do, I'll post a howto. The l33t devs can take it from there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
I appreciate the offer. I think it's a little too early for that. Our LTE variants are most likely going to be officially supported given that N7100 is already (by nebkat). Once they figure out the minor mods that need to be done to get Cm10 running, I'm sure they'll create an official device tree.

I'll try to get this running. If I do, I'll post a howto. The l33t devs can take it from there.
I've already setup the cm10 tree on my github. Most of it. I just need the figure out the defconfig in the kernel. I've had help from a few CM members already.

The big thing is pulling our props that are not common.

QC_MODEM needs to be enabled in the defconfig. And the entire exynos modem disabled for the kernel to work .

However kudo's on the 7100 ROM. I tried, but I missed a few of those libs. So mine never worked. And I only spent like 1 hour trying lol.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antiochasylum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
I've already setup the cm10 tree on my github. Most of it. I just need the figure out the defconfig in the kernel. I've had help from a few CM members already.

The big thing is pulling our props that are not common.

QC_MODEM needs to be enabled in the defconfig. And the entire exynos modem disabled for the kernel to work .

However kudo's on the 7100 ROM. I tried, but I missed a few of those libs. So mine never worked. And I only spent like 1 hour trying lol.
Thanks for sharing the dev tree. Have you done anything in the defconfig? the kernel tree in your github is untouched so I'm wondering if I have anything to start from or if I should write a defconfig from scratch. I diffed the two TW defconfigs and I did see the QC_MODEM stuff that we need to enable.

BoOsT
Old
Thanks Meter 1651
HAHAHA This is Great! I have been working on this for a couple days. I actually just text my buddy this morning and said i think i have it figured out! Im porting the OMEGA ROM for personal use.

Good job on the write up! I am glad i looked because i completely forgot the gps.exynos4 file!
XDA NEW USER GUIDE
WHY YOU GET SHORT/ONE WORD ANSWERS (Click Here)

Please hit the "THANKS" button if i have helped you! I will do the same!

Formerly boostnsubaru

cashyftw
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Well today is going to be a great day!

Sent from my JellyBean Galaxys3
Need help? Noob? Want to talk about Android? Feel free to Google Talk me iCashyy

Need a laugh? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1026637

Add me: Cashyy

Htc Wing: TRADED for iPhone 2g
iPhone 2g: Sold
iPhone 3gs: Traded for HD2
HD2: Traded for iPhone 4
iPhone 4: Sold
Lg G2x DUALCORE: Returned
Samsung Vibrant: SOLD
Samsung Galaxy s2 Sold (this phone sucked)
Galaxy s3! Gave away

Note 2 Sold
iPhone 5s Returned
Current: Note 3!

turilo
Old
Thanks Meter 707

DONATE TO ME
ha i knew leaving the n7100 note 2 was eventually going to pay off getting the i317m

th3g1z
Old
Thanks Meter 85
You are awesome. Lol I was about 8 or 10 libs shy glad you got it working man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Current: G2 (D800) GNote 2 LTE, Nexus 7 FHD

Past - HTC: One, Jetstream | Samsung: i717, i777 | Moto: Atrix, Backflip | LG: Thrill | Apple: iPhone 4-4S/3G-S/2G | Blackberry: 8300, 8800 | Nokia: N71 ... and you know all the others I forget going back to the startak

rekrapg
Old
Thanks Meter 327

DONATE TO ME
@madmack - as an N7105 user, this is absolutely brilliant news! I don't see a donate button or anything in your sig, but if you set one up, i'm buying you a beer or two!
Rekrapg

Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 7 - CM11 - Built by me

Galaxy Nexus - out of retirement running Ubuntu Touch

Retired: HTC Magic, Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G, Samsung Galaxy Note II N7105 (LTE)

drakeymcmb
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 7144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrapg View Post
@madmack - as an N7105 user, this is absolutely brilliant news! I don't see a donate button or anything in your sig, but if you set one up, i'm buying you a beer or two!

+1

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrapg View Post
right under my name is the "donate to me" button.

appreciate it guys.