Sent from my UNLOCKED LG-E970 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354210550905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354210550905.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 475

vwauditech

Apr 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Its been 5 hours since unplugged this morning and Im happy to say there have been no wakeups from telephony service as before. Deep sleep is working great also. The Keep awake in Android OS still higher than Im expecting, but the batter life is much improved already. Im also not in a LTE area and I disabled LTE and Im running GSM/CDMA preferred in network seettings. At the end of lunch and Im at 87% battery.
BTW, I just used terminal emulator to run the commands. People that are having a hard time might find that easier. Obviously you will leave out the adb parts in the beginning of the OP command script. Good Luck.

Globalrebel

Nov 8, 2006
California
did this and no problems thus far. However, I'm no longer getting the "LTE" symbol at the bottom of my 4G systembol when downloading things or browsing. It also looks like it may be downloading slower then usual. Would this change affect this?

matt310

Jan 7, 2007
I seem to be having problems accessing web sites when coming from sleep despite having a full signal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Question....how do we reverts fastdormacy settings to factory? Was just wondering incase random stuff starts happening. My lady said her phone wasn't sending pics but quick toggle of data fixed it. I don't know if this mod caused it tho

Murasakiii

Feb 23, 2011
Portland
It's not this mod, I sent a screenshot to my friend some time last night.
In terms of reversing the effect, I assume you would just switch the values, so set 310410 where 0.
But do not take my word for it! Strictly a guess.

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Cool was just wondering. My ladies phone is getting pretty good battery life. Was unplugged @ 100% for hour and half this morning and used it to text and it only dropped 1% ill keep you guys updated 2nite with more results

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

bigworm50

Mar 31, 2011
Unless have installed The Base ROM you likely don't have sqlite3. So go download the installer from the play store here and run it . It may fail a couple of times before it works...It has a log tab you can check to see if it worked or not.

Then connect your phone to your PC and run the commands listed. Press enter after each line!

Thanks a lot for this, can you please explain how to use this code, i am rooted and am trying to run this on my computer with adb and i get a message sqlite3 not found

Im getting a no sqlite3 found error as well

"SQLite Installer For Root" attempts to install SQLite to the phone, which for me failed, according to the installer script....something about read/write access not being obtained for a system folder.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

You have to have your command prompt open in a directory which has adb.exe on your computer...also see my previous post about installing sqlite3

Ok, I have my LGOG rooted and unlocked and been trying to run this and can't get it to take. I'm not a noob, and I've used cmd prompt plenty for other phones. I had to use it a ton for my HTC One X. For some reason I can't get it to recognize the phone. Any suggestions?

Reactions: d08speed3

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
For those of you doing this through your PC's (read windows machine) you'll need ADB installed first.

There is however aneasier method to do this.

With your phone being rooted, download the android terminal emulator.

Run it.

And then type in everything after the # adb line, excluding the #s.

This will allow you to do all of this through your phone without using a computer. However be careful, the first command will grant you super user rights, which allows you to do anything. You can seriously damage files and brick your phone. Only type what is shown in the OG post, and nothing else.

Enjoy better battery life!

2d

I get "sqlite3 not found". I don't find sqlite3 on my device and I don't find anything by that explicit name in android market. Suggestions?

EDIT: never mind. I see the solution posted 1 comment before this one.

Last edited:

jonasl

Nov 13, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I get "sqlite3 not found". I don't find sqlite3 on my device and I don't find anything by that explicit name in android market. Suggestions?

Try aShell and aSQLiteManager (need both). I'm sure there are others. Sorry for not being more helpful, I'm not good at making user friendly stuff, I like to dig in deep under the hood of things :)

Last edited:

argolfermd

Jun 26, 2009
Mountainburg, AR
It's not this mod, I sent a screenshot to my friend some time last night.
In terms of reversing the effect, I assume you would just switch the values, so set 310410 where 0.
But do not take my word for it! Strictly a guess.

To reverse it you would use this update command:

update dcm_settings set fastdormancy="1,0,0,1000,5000,60000,3000,5000,1,8" where numeric="310410";

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
Try aShell and sSQLiteManager (need both). I'm sure there are others. Sorry for not being more helpful, I'm not good at making user friendly stuff, I like to dig in deep under the hood of things :)

I assume that should be "aSQLiteManager"?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Installing sqlite3 using Sqlite Installer for Root (per bigworm50's instructions) worked like a charm when using jonasl's suggestion to use a terminal emulator on the phone.

Yoreo

Nov 22, 2012
This phone is getting some beastly battery power now!

I have FreeGee v0.5
The Base v0.5
This fast dormancy tweak.
Also running eco mode, and brightness at 33%.

I've listened to google music for about 4 hours today, sent several texts, gamed for about a half hour. The on screen time is at 1.5 hours, and the battery level was at 76% yesterday when I applied this tweak last night. The slight bump in power in the usage meter came from when my cell was attached to my PC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-29-18-55-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-18-55-36.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_2012-11-29-18-55-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-18-55-49.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 317

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like many others I was seeing many wakeups by com.android.phone, and as noted by others this is because of fast dormancy. Or rather, because of LG's implementation of it.

I'm not gonna go into too much detail, but the offending implementation can be found in com/android/internal/telephony/LgeFDHandlerInterfaceImpl . This class is in /system/framework/com.lge.core.jar . After data activity on HSPA networks they use AlarmManager to periodically wake up and check the number of bytes transmitted over the network interface. This goes on until some time after it stops changing, and the connection is considered dormant.

This periodic checking is what's waking the device, and for every new byte transferred the wakeup/polling period is extended and device doesn't sleep. The chattier apps are, the more awake time you'll get.

Enough of the boring details, here's how I disabled it and got rid of the com.android.phone wakeups. Root required.

Code:
    $ adb shell
    # su
    # sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
    update dcm_settings set fastdormancy="0" where numeric="310410";
    .quit
    # reboot

This helped me, hope it does the same for you.

Edit 2:
    I've written a quick and dirty app that tries to handle this setting without need for terminals or root. Try it and report issues here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2021248

Edit 1:
    In essence you need to change a value in a sqlite database and there are many ways to do it. There are apps, use adb shell etc. Whatever works for you. If someone wants to write an app that makes this easier, be my guest :)

Reversal is restoring the original value "1,0,0,1000,5000,60000,3000,5000,1,8" and reboot:
    Code:
    update dcm_settings set fastdormancy="1,0,0,1000,5000,60000,3000,5000,1,8" where numeric="310410";

This database is not there after a wipe, so future ROM chefs wanting to include it by default should edit /etc/dcm_settings.xml as this is where the initial database contents come from. Just replace the original value with "0" for ATT.

Code:
    <profile>
    	<siminfo
    		operator="ATT"
    		country="US"
    		mcc="310"
    		mnc="410"
    		extraid=""
    	/>
    	<settings
    		fastdormancy_param="1,0,0,1000,5000,60000,3000,5000,1,8"
    		ipmtu="1410"
    	/>
    </profile>
    So I have the E973 and this app does not seem to do anything... toggled on or off, BBS is still showing this Alarm going off hundreds of times in a span of a few minutes.

Going to try the command line method next.

EDIT: Did it by command line and rebooted, and it still shows the Alarm going off all the time. Toggling this value on or off seems to do nothing.

EDIT 2 : Ah ha - the problem, I bet, is your instructions (and the app) are keyed specifically to the ATT MNC, where as I am on the Bell MNC (302610). You should update your instructions to reflect that peoople should change whatever column matches their provider.... and maybe change your app so you can pick your own. I am going to try this now.

EDIT 3: yep, this worked now!
    My Android OS is still at 47% of my battery use, but I'm getting battery life like this...

Just because it's more than everything else doesn't mean it's using THAT much battery. Granted, I haven't used my phone a ton today but this is good now matter how you look at it.

High percentage or not, I don't get that kind of battery life. And I do like to use my phone.
    Are you both rooted and have unlocked bootloader? Not sure why you're getting errors. Did any of you retry this process via computer cmd with USB debugging?

For those of you doing this through your PC's (read windows machine) you'll need ADB installed first.

There is however aneasier method to do this.

With your phone being rooted, download the android terminal emulator.

Run it.

And then type in everything after the # adb line, excluding the #s.

This will allow you to do all of this through your phone without using a computer. However be careful, the first command will grant you super user rights, which allows you to do anything. You can seriously damage files and brick your phone. Only type what is shown in the OG post, and nothing else.

Enjoy better battery life!

2d