OP blackholepcs

9th February 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Thanks a bunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldpint

Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

Hope this works for you too!

Thanks so much for sharing this information! I just got my tablet today and I'm about to try this. My daughter has the 7" inch tablet by dopo and I'd like to find info. on how to root hers too. I've looked for months for this info. since we got hers.

Whew hoo! One thing's for sure, I can always come here to get the best android resources!
5th April 2013, 11:05 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
for ADB USB drivers for your computer, download: pdanet+
I was having problems with loading Android ADB USB drivers on my computer by way of methods found for this post but found that USB drivers loaded correctly when I installed PDAnet+ for the computer. So if you are having problems installing Android ADB USB drivers give pdanet+ a try
The Following User Says Thank You to funzoneplanet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2013, 04:47 AM   |  #13  

10 posts
More
dopo M975 Root!!!!
root unlock software free from web i used it took me about 30 secs to root still having prob with custom rom so if anybody has any ideas that would be great. download free run plug tablet in and hit root. unlockroot.com
The Following User Says Thank You to brandengrieme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #14  

10 posts
More
another option for root
root rk29 tab toolkit 1.3 google it already on xda
30th May 2013, 05:43 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Tablet Problem with .ini file
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldpint

Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

Hope this works for you too!

Hi, I know u posted a while back. I tried this on my M975, but my PC doesn't install the driver; it says incorrect line on INI file . Would u be willing to post your INI so I can see if we got the same format? Also, could u please explain how u used the root kit to actually root? Thnx.
26th December 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 27

73 posts
More
Hey all.
I have a DOPO EM63 7" tab, and I'd like to share how I rooted it. I figure most of the DOPO devices will be the same.
1.) Install JDK, Android SDK (the zip file {choose download for other platforms}) and do everything else in steps 1-12 from the pdf in this thread.
2.) Go here (xda link) and do steps 2-11
3.) Laugh about how easy it was.
If anyone can't look at the pdf and other thread, I can post full steps.
It works. Out of every method I've tried, this one worked.
I have to add, some steps are outdated (ie. Step 7 from the link: just click "Root" on the pc screen)
And yes, the program is in Chinese - but it is easily understood (everything you need is in English)
Also, I don't know if the Moborobo program is necessary (seeing as we have drivers already) but it doesn't hurt to use it anyway.
29th December 2013, 06:10 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 89

914 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeisnon

Hey all.
I have a DOPO EM63 7" tab, and I'd like to share how I rooted it. I figure most of the DOPO devices will be the same.
1.) Install JDK, Android SDK (the zip file {choose download for other platforms}) and do everything else in steps 1-12 from the pdf in this thread.
I have to add, some steps are outdated (ie. Step 7 from the link: just click "Root" on the pc screen)
And yes, the program is in Chinese - but it is easily understood (everything you need is in English)
Also, I don't know if the Moborobo program is necessary (seeing as we have drivers already) but it doesn't hurt to use it anyway.

Has anyone found a customs recovery for these dopo tablets or Roms? The 7" I got my Lil one last yr from walmart was rooted out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike102871 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #18  
Elysium
Thanks Meter: 419

1,594 posts
More
i got a m980 model and for some reason every time i turn off and on start with Chinese letter and need be configured again any idea?
11th August 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeisnon

Hey all.

I get to the step where I press root on the comp while it's open on my computer, an the program crashes and I fail to get root.....any clue?

EDIT: For those of you with a DOPO em63. It took a lot of research and digging, but I found an app called RootGenius. Very simple program, I ran it and it worked.
Here is the post, it's here on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...2/post54045765.

Oh happy day!
Last edited by cstryon; 11th August 2014 at 09:02 PM.
12th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 27

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstryon

EDIT: For those of you with a DOPO em63. It took a lot of research and digging, but I found an app called RootGenius. Very simple program, I ran it and it worked.
Here is the post, it's here on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...2/post54045765.
Oh happy day!

That's awesome! I actually cracked mine (a single tear rolls down my cheek) but a relative gave me hers, which is an identical model (tear dries up instantly), so I'll try this as soon as I can. Will let you all know what happens.
I'll check my build, too.
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Please make that your signature ("Oh happy day!"). That would make me very happy.
Last edited by orangeisnon; 12th August 2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Noticed something post-post

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread