Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CWM Touch][TWRP] Root + Recovery for Tilapia

Tip us?

mateorod
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0108 View Post
Hi,
In fact I am also confused about the warning. Not sure does choosing "Yes" means retain CWM or not. So I just choose "Yes" and saw that CWM is still the recovery after reboot.

So do you mean after this step:
Code:
adb shell
mv system/recovery-from-boot.p system/recovery-from-boot.bak
exit
It does not matter whether I choose "Yes" or "No" in the final phase, and I will still have CWM as my recovery?
Well, what answering 'yes' does is a decidedly more elebant solution, it just removes the execute permission from system/etc/install-recovery.sh. But the effect is the same, and since the above is what people have been recommending...
Support Beloko Games' source ports of Doom and Quake 1-3, Jedi Knight, etc.

He is hurting from piracy...I need Doom 3 on my phone, you guys. Buy them, ok?

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Could these be made available in flashable zip format, for easy changing between one and the other?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mouse100
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Is CWM Touch not available for N7 3G?

FReaKRaNT
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post
Is CWM Touch not available for N7 3G?
That is what this thread is about.:what:

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

mouse100
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FReaKRaNT View Post
That is what this thread is about.:what:

Cheers, FReaKRaNT
At the end of OP there are only links to download cwm no-touch and twrp

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

mateorod
Old
(Last edited by mateorod; 16th December 2012 at 04:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,511

DONATE TO ME
At the top of the OP I explain that CWM Touch has closed source elements. The only way I know how to build Touch is on koush's web builder. But as of last week, it was still producing non-working images of both touch and regular CWM for tilapia.

I ported and compiled TWRP and CWM regular because the source was available to me. I did port the CWM touch by hand but it was too buggy to release.

I will be posting a Twrp update in the next day or so.

Edit: I just saw that PA finally went public with their builds. As the roms start coming out you will need tilapia recovery if you want to have working 3g roms. CM10.1 builds are starting to role out, so as they fix up the source, the automatic web builder will finally have access to working source. Then CWM Touch will go up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinji257
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod View Post
At the top of the OP I explain that CWM Touch has closed source elements. The only way I know how to build Touch is on koush's web builder. But as of last week, it was still producing non-working images of both touch and regular CWM for tilapia.

I ported and compiled TWRP and CWM regular because the source was available to me. I did port the CWM touch by hand but it was too buggy to release.

I will be posting a Twrp update in the next day or so.

Edit: I just saw that PA finally went public with their builds. As the roms start coming out you will need tilapia recovery if you want to have working 3g roms. CM10.1 builds are starting to role out, so as they fix up the source, the automatic web builder will finally have access to working source. Then CWM Touch will go up.
I look forward to it. I'm running TWRP on mine but I assume at this point it is a grouper build since It is 2.3.2.1 and this thread only has a 2.3.1.2 build. I'll await your update then flash it replacing the old recovery. It seems the toolkits only install the grouper recoveries?
Current: HTC One (Stock, Rooted, Unlocked, S-OFF HBOOT 1.56, Tampered flag removed)
Backup:
Samsung Captivate (CyanogenMod 11 Nightly)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (Rooted, TWRP Recovery (I think)) Android 4.4.2

Defunct: Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T (CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial)

Thank god for having spare cell phones and custom roms that make them survive for a bit longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinji257 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mateorod
Old
Thanks Meter 3,511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji257 View Post
I look forward to it. I'm running TWRP on mine but I assume at this point it is a grouper build since It is 2.3.2.1 and this thread only has a 2.3.1.2 build. I'll await your update then flash it replacing the old recovery. It seems the toolkits only install the grouper recoveries?
Well, I know that sparksco committed my patches to get TWRP to compile, so there is the possibility that there is another working tilapia build out there. The TWRP guys just added a bunch of stuff over the last week. I was kind of waiting until they finished getting it close to stable, just so I wasn't pumping out updates daily.

Even with my patches to fix the compile, I don't have TWRP working completely out of the box...the busybox in the recovery.img isn't working for some reason so I have to port over a working sbin folder by hand. But that is a very minor thing and doesn't impact how the images behave.

I also updated the CWM based on your report the other day, so thanks for that. I hadn't noticed any problems myself, but since koush had updated it seemed the thing to do.

The web builder for CWM Touch is based on the github source for CM. And since they hadn't added all the makefiles yet, it was producing a non-booting image, likely with the same binary issues. But now that tilapia roms are coming out, all those tool kits will need to add recovery. And it doesn't just build out of the box yet, so they will probably be these recoveries.

If you want to check your recovery, you can unpack it with the unpackbootimg binary in your SDK.

p0izn
Old
(Last edited by p0izn; 16th December 2012 at 10:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
What is the path for cwm-made backups? Where i can find them? Because in cwm backup is located in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup , but in Android (via TC) this path doesnt exist.

gatebil
Old
Thanks Meter 22
try /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod
LG Optimus P990 @ MIUI 2.4.6 (BB/RIL 725/V10D)
Google Nexus 5 32GB @ Cyanogenmod 11 nightly
Google Nexus 7 3G 32GB @ Cyanogenmod 11 temasek's KanG

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatebil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cwm, nexus 7 3g, recovery, tilapia, twrp
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe