Thread Closed

New S-Pen optimized Image Editor Beta RELEASED

OP lschiedel

30th November 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I am close to releasing my Image Editor for Android called ImageFactory.
I am thinking of releasing a version without SPen libraries on the Play Store and another with the SPen libraries (much larger) on the Samsung App store.

Any ideas on if this is a good idea?
The SPen libraries really add to the size of the app.

Anyway, the app is a Photo Editor with paint tools, filter tools, and multiple floating layers including Image Layers, Text Layers, and Vector Layers.

The SPen support includes hover emulating moving the virtual mouse (a float brush icon that is see through when trimming layers) and uses the button on the pen to emulate left button/right button by click, letting you change from fore-ground color to back-ground color, as well as toggle between trimming layers by brush and untrimming layers by brush.

It supports large heap (meaning huge multi-mega-pixel images).

It has an image surface on the left, a toolbar on the top right, and a scroll pad/mouse pad on the bottom right.

It only needs some more icons and a little more debugging.

Any interest?

UPDATED: 12/16/2012 with latest version

UPDATED: 12/24/2012 with latest version with bug fixes and improved help

UPDATED: 12/30/2012 with possible release candidate with more features and bug fixes. View source of vector works, 2nd click on edit text now brings up soft keyboard. Toggle pan view and trackpad put on edit ribbon.

UPDATED: 1/1/2012 extended beta good till march, took out full screen so title bar with menu button shows. menu has undo/redo zooms trackpad or panview.

UPDATED: 1/6/2012 with fixes to properly stopping background thread (which caused problems on 2nd+ runs) and added action bar with undo and zoom in/out icons
Attached Files
File Type: apk ImageFactory.apk - [Click for QR Code] (696.2 KB, 1232 views)
Last edited by lschiedel; 6th January 2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: lastest download
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to lschiedel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #2  
syanz87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 19
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiedel

I am close to releasing my Image Editor for Android called ImageFactory.
I am thinking of releasing a version without SPen libraries on the Play Store and another with the SPen libraries (much larger) on the Samsung App store.

Any ideas on if this is a good idea?
The SPen libraries really add to the size of the app.

Anyway, the app is a Photo Editor with paint tools, filter tools, and multiple floating layers including Image Layers, Text Layers, and Vector Layers.

The SPen support includes hover emulating moving the virtual mouse (a float brush icon that is see through when trimming layers) and uses the button on the pen to emulate left button/right button by click, letting you change from fore-ground color to back-ground color, as well as toggle between trimming layers by brush and untrimming layers by brush.

It supports large heap (meaning huge multi-mega-pixel images).

It has an image surface on the left, a toolbar on the top right, and a scroll pad/mouse pad on the bottom right.

It only needs some more icons and a little more debugging.

Any interest?

keep it up bro..great idea..
Waiting for the release...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
1st December 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Very interested. Any ideas on why there are no vector based programs like corel draw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rico192 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #4  
toenail_flicker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 214
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I don't use the Samsung app store since it is limited to Samsung devices, so would appreciate having the compatible version with the Samsung libraries on Google Play, as well. Otherwise it won't be on my short list. Many thanks.
1st December 2012, 10:28 AM   |  #5  
xMimyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
191 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
great !

but please not the samsung store ..
It's limited to a very few countries ..
1st December 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
hippo1n2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
I think it is better to put it in XDA forum as a triad first.

we can be ur tester

idea ?
1st December 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo1n2

I think it is better to put it in XDA forum as a triad first.

we can be ur tester

idea ?

It's actually close enough to being released. Maybe I will do a version good till the end of the year.
I've been working on on android for a year but on windows for several.

I am thinking of making it free but with an in app purchase to unlock layers.
What do people think?

I also think the ui is worth trying to protect. Maybe a patent.
1st December 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail_flicker

I don't use the Samsung app store since it is limited to Samsung devices, so would appreciate having the compatible version with the Samsung libraries on Google Play, as well. Otherwise it won't be on my short list. Many thanks.

Since the spen libraries are so large, I don't know if want to release just the one version. Maybe I can release two versions on the App Store.
2nd December 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #9  
toenail_flicker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 214
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiedel

Since the spen libraries are so large, I don't know if want to release just the one version. Maybe I can release two versions on the App Store.

Definitely release both versions, just please release it through Google.
2nd December 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #10  
donec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Can you make a portion of the screen like the bottom half ignore the hand while keeping the working area free to move around and zoom in and out with buttons. I seems that should be much easier than trying to work with palm rejection?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 Themes and Apps by ThreadRank