Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New S-Pen optimized Image Editor Beta RELEASED

Tip us?

lschiedel
Old
(Last edited by lschiedel; 6th January 2013 at 11:41 PM.) Reason: lastest download
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default New S-Pen optimized Image Editor Beta RELEASED

I am close to releasing my Image Editor for Android called ImageFactory.
I am thinking of releasing a version without SPen libraries on the Play Store and another with the SPen libraries (much larger) on the Samsung App store.

Any ideas on if this is a good idea?
The SPen libraries really add to the size of the app.

Anyway, the app is a Photo Editor with paint tools, filter tools, and multiple floating layers including Image Layers, Text Layers, and Vector Layers.

The SPen support includes hover emulating moving the virtual mouse (a float brush icon that is see through when trimming layers) and uses the button on the pen to emulate left button/right button by click, letting you change from fore-ground color to back-ground color, as well as toggle between trimming layers by brush and untrimming layers by brush.

It supports large heap (meaning huge multi-mega-pixel images).

It has an image surface on the left, a toolbar on the top right, and a scroll pad/mouse pad on the bottom right.

It only needs some more icons and a little more debugging.

Any interest?

UPDATED: 12/16/2012 with latest version

UPDATED: 12/24/2012 with latest version with bug fixes and improved help

UPDATED: 12/30/2012 with possible release candidate with more features and bug fixes. View source of vector works, 2nd click on edit text now brings up soft keyboard. Toggle pan view and trackpad put on edit ribbon.

UPDATED: 1/1/2012 extended beta good till march, took out full screen so title bar with menu button shows. menu has undo/redo zooms trackpad or panview.

UPDATED: 1/6/2012 with fixes to properly stopping background thread (which caused problems on 2nd+ runs) and added action bar with undo and zoom in/out icons
Attached Files
File Type: apk ImageFactory.apk - [Click for QR Code] (696.2 KB, 1218 views)
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to lschiedel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syanz87
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiedel View Post
I am close to releasing my Image Editor for Android called ImageFactory.
I am thinking of releasing a version without SPen libraries on the Play Store and another with the SPen libraries (much larger) on the Samsung App store.

Any ideas on if this is a good idea?
The SPen libraries really add to the size of the app.

Anyway, the app is a Photo Editor with paint tools, filter tools, and multiple floating layers including Image Layers, Text Layers, and Vector Layers.

The SPen support includes hover emulating moving the virtual mouse (a float brush icon that is see through when trimming layers) and uses the button on the pen to emulate left button/right button by click, letting you change from fore-ground color to back-ground color, as well as toggle between trimming layers by brush and untrimming layers by brush.

It supports large heap (meaning huge multi-mega-pixel images).

It has an image surface on the left, a toolbar on the top right, and a scroll pad/mouse pad on the bottom right.

It only needs some more icons and a little more debugging.

Any interest?
keep it up bro..great idea..
Waiting for the release...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

rico192
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Very interested. Any ideas on why there are no vector based programs like corel draw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rico192 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toenail_flicker
Old
Thanks Meter 212
I don't use the Samsung app store since it is limited to Samsung devices, so would appreciate having the compatible version with the Samsung libraries on Google Play, as well. Otherwise it won't be on my short list. Many thanks.

xMimyx
Old
Thanks Meter 112
great !

but please not the samsung store ..
It's limited to a very few countries ..

SONY XPERIA ARC
Using ..AnZuMi 1.3 ICS
LUPUS Kernel

OWNSXperia Tabletu Zeddu !
^ That Jap Accent <3

hippo1n2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think it is better to put it in XDA forum as a triad first.

we can be ur tester

idea ?

lschiedel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo1n2 View Post
I think it is better to put it in XDA forum as a triad first.

we can be ur tester

idea ?
It's actually close enough to being released. Maybe I will do a version good till the end of the year.
I've been working on on android for a year but on windows for several.

I am thinking of making it free but with an in app purchase to unlock layers.
What do people think?

I also think the ui is worth trying to protect. Maybe a patent.

lschiedel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail_flicker View Post
I don't use the Samsung app store since it is limited to Samsung devices, so would appreciate having the compatible version with the Samsung libraries on Google Play, as well. Otherwise it won't be on my short list. Many thanks.
Since the spen libraries are so large, I don't know if want to release just the one version. Maybe I can release two versions on the App Store.

toenail_flicker
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiedel View Post
Since the spen libraries are so large, I don't know if want to release just the one version. Maybe I can release two versions on the App Store.
Definitely release both versions, just please release it through Google.

donec
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Can you make a portion of the screen like the bottom half ignore the hand while keeping the working area free to move around and zoom in and out with buttons. I seems that should be much easier than trying to work with palm rejection?
Galaxy Note II 16Gb white unlocked and GNote 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe