5,600,335 Members 35,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!

Tip us?

*Hooligan*
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Recovery/Rom the VZW Galaxy Note II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
then your not looking hard enough...section 1b.
Yeah, I way overlooked that, might need some new glasses...but then again so did the search function...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

kingtrini82
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i haven't seen how to do this on a mac? or maybe didn't see that page. can some one help?

neemo6
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will this root method turn my phone back to stock as well as root? Or will this just give me root access while maintaining my phones current status?

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neemo6 View Post
Will this root method turn my phone back to stock as well as root? Or will this just give me root access while maintaining my phones current status?
root66 does not wipe data.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

bigjonmoo73
Old
(Last edited by bigjonmoo73; 21st February 2013 at 02:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtrini82 View Post
i haven't seen how to do this on a mac? or maybe didn't see that page. can some one help?
On the first post, right under where it shows you how to do it with a Windows PC, there is a walk through for Mac/Linux users.

gixxertriplezero
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjonmoo73 View Post
On the first post, right under where it shows you how to do it with a Windows PC, there is a walk through for Mac/Linux users.
if im on the l4 ota should i use the one that does not lock the bootloader or does it not matter

universexda
Old
(Last edited by universexda; 1st March 2013 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Droidstyle - In the OP you wrote:
"Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=2040264(This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock like the day you purchased the device. Unlocked and Locked devices may use this to return to Factory Stock conditions! Also, folks currently on the latest L4 OTA only use the alternate restore file as it does not contain a bootloader!)"

My questions is if you use Adam Outler's root and unlock method for VRALL4 and you want to return to stock it seems from above that you should use the alternate restore file. OK so now how would you relock your bootloader if for instance I need to return my phone warranty. Would you use the pit file in the OP? Is it possible to relock the bootloader in this case? Thanks.

gixxertriplezero
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!

I just relocked and unlocked mine.. Was on L4.. it's OK to use the one that relocks the boot loader because they have an unlock for it now... And I did not use the pit file...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Also after I flashed I downloaded the ota to go L4... I think it's easier to unlock

droidstyle
Old
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda View Post
Droidstyle - In the OP you wrote:
"Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=2040264(This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock like the day you purchased the device. Unlocked and Locked devices may use this to return to Factory Stock conditions! Also, folks currently on the latest L4 OTA only use the alternate restore file as it does not contain a bootloader!)"

My questions is if you use Adam Outler's root and unlock method for VRALL4 and you want to return to stock it seems from above that you should use the alternate restore file. OK so now how would you relock your bootloader if for instance I need to return my phone warranty. Would you use the pit file in the OP? Is it possible to relock the bootloader in this case? Thanks.
you use alternate restore file then ota back to l4...problem solved.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidstyle
Old
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxertriplezero View Post
I just relocked and unlocked mine.. Was on L4.. it's OK to use the one that relocks the boot loader because they have an unlock for it now... And I did not use the pit file...

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Also after I flashed I downloaded the ota to go L4... I think it's easier to unlock

there is no way you used the vraljb file that relocks coming from official ota L4....once your on L4, there is code built in sboot that black lists the vraljb bootloader, not allowing a full restore. the device will fail writing sboot in odin everytime. the pit file is there for folks who are bootlooped and or stuck at detected unofficial software screen. No L4 is not any easier to unlock, however adams updated unlock method is infact easier to use.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE

The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]