and, yes, you CAN fastboot back to 0.7.2 after applying this update: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...t-firmwarefxz/
This guide will take you from any current version, back to original factory release, root, and then update to 0.7.2, and then new Jelly Bean.
If you are ALREADY rooted on 0.7.2, then simply do Step 0-1 and 12-22.
1. You have a PC and have the Motorola Drivers installed for your Phone when its plugged in as USB.
2. You have an SD Card for your Phone (yes, you can do this without an SD card, but its not covered in this guide.)
1. You dont have an SD Card? -- OK, you can do it without, but its not covered here. hint, you need to use adb a little and push the update to the proper location when you dont have an SD card.
2. You dont have the Motorola drivers installed for your Phone? Step 4, or Step 6 failed? --- OK, in that folder, open 'Drivers[REQUIRED]' and run either the 32bit or 64bit version depending on your OS.
Jelly Bean OTA 9.1.41 (Android 4.1.1): http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanq...izon.en.US.zip
DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1970267 download: http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RA...tility1.10.zip
0. Backup anything you want to keep on your phone (Camera pics, etc)
1. Put "delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip" on your Phone SD card
2. Unplug USB and Power off your Phone
2. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down Volume up, Volume down and Power
3. Once in Boot Mode Selection Mode screen, select “AP Fastboot” using the Volume Down Key then press the Volume Up Key to select it.
4. Plug in Phone to USB and use the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.00 to Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
5. a. Boot Phone b. turn on USB Debugging (Settings | Developers) c. unplug and plugin Phone
6. install Root exploit using DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.00 (make sure you read the note about pressing Vol Up and Power on your phone when asked to do so). Also NOTE: Wiping 'Data' will erase all your Camera pics that are NOT stored on 'SDCard' by default.
7. Sign-in to Google Play and Update Superuser
8. Open Superuser and update binaries
9. Open OTA Keeper: click 'protect root' and then 'temp unroot'
10. Open System and check for Updates, download and then install the 0.7.2 update
11. Once phone is booted, Open OTA Keeper: click 'restore root'
12. Open Superuser and make sure you are rooted, check for 'Updates'
13. Open OTA Keeper: click 'protect root' and then 'temp unroot'
14. Unplug USB and Power off your Phone
15. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down Volume up, Volume down and Power
16. Once in Boot Mode Selection Mode screen, select “Recovery” using the Volume Down Key then press the Volume Up Key to select it.
17. Once the Android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down
18. use Volume Down to navigate 'Update from External Data' and press 'Power' to select it
19. use Volume Down to navigate 'delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip' and press 'Power' to select it
20. the update will take 5-10 minutes. Do not worry when its at 50% and takes a long time. Once done, hit 'Power' to reboot into Jelly Bean
21. Once phone is booted, Open OTA Keeper: click 'restore root'
22. Enjoy Jelly Bean and Root!