Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) - Jelly Bean OTA - 9.1.41.XT926 + Root

Search This thread

hradak

Jun 4, 2008
How did you resolve this problem? My RAZR MAXX HD rooted flawlessly (?) and I have root but that annoying "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" is driving me nuts. I have cleaned the cache using Clean Master and fixed permissions using ROM Manager. Still doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I was having the same issues and a factory reset fixed it. the poster above just sent instructions on how to do it.

the virus

Dec 21, 2010
Hi guys. I am yet to find a 1 touch root method that works. I've tried the method found in this forum and it put superuser on my phone but I am NOT able to find route I tried route checker and several other apps that require root but not have root access please advise Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Use Matt's Utility found in the development section. You'll need to downgrade to 4.0.4 first and the utility has it all in one place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

PhoneBill

Motorola Services Has Stopped - Ready to try hard reset

Thanks for your input Borderpatrol1987 and hradak. I was hoping to avoid that because I am not sure what I would have to do to preserve my many paid for apps and retain root. I hope it doesn't entail going through the rooting process again but I will do that if necessary because this constant "Unfortunately, ..." is really hurting the phone's usability. I would very much appreciate your going into more detail about the hard reset for this newbie to rooting the Razr HD. I have Titanium Backup Pro and an SD card.. How should the SD card be formatted? I am using the 32 GB Class10 SD card that I had in my Pantech Breakout and it was/is formatted as a FAT32 primary and a 3 GB Ext-2 primary. I also have a 64 GB HDXC Class 10 card but am not sure the Maxx HD will accept it. Would like to use the 64 GB if possible. Thanks again guys.

Borderpatrol1987

Dec 5, 2012
CIncinnati
Your root will be preserved. And if you back up via TB, you can restore and all your data will be back.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Pop your memory card and format it from within the memory settings and use whatever the phone says. Can't go wrong that way.

Reactions: PhoneBill

PhoneBill

No More "Unfortunately,...." Now rock solid!

Your root will be preserved. And if you back up via TB, you can restore and all your data will be back.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Pop your memory card and format it from within the memory settings and use whatever the phone says. Can't go wrong that way.

Thanks for your help Borderpatrol1987. I formatted the 64 GB SD card as you suggested and it gave me 59.00 GB of useable space. I then backed up all user apps and system data using Titanium Backup, verified that the backup was on the SD card, and then did the hard reset. After recovering my apps from TB and setting up my screens as they were before, I now have an awesome rooted Razr Maxx HD!

trump431

Feb 20, 2013
Keeping root during transfer from 07.2 to 9.1.41

For those to whom this method hasn't worked out, take a look on this video on YouTube, very precise description, and you'll find steps that you've missed/or done wrong (because procedure in title seems to be thorough but still there are some ambiguities). This video helped me a lot.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links now on this forum so just YouTube for How to Root the Droid Razr HD on Jelly Bean.

Reactions: gps4213

stryker2you

Apr 30, 2009
For those to whom this method hasn't worked out, take a look on this video on YouTube, very precise description, and you'll find steps that you've missed/or done wrong (because procedure in title seems to be thorough but still there are some ambiguities). This video helped me a lot.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links now on this forum so just YouTube for How to Root the Droid Razr HD on Jelly Bean.

Exactly. I just did this method yesterday and it worked great. Most things that went wrong were my fault for not following directions correctly. I did have to search elsewhere due to some links for downloads not working but it was not that bad...there are many mirrors for these files out there.

Background for anyone that cares: I just got my Razr Maxx HD less then 1 week ago (Feb 2013) and it came new from Verizion with JB 4.1.1.

Although not a one click root this was much simpler then other methods i've used in the past. Thanks again to all those that made this possible. I just cant wait for more custom roms and source for the kernel so we can overclock (for the record tho this phone has been super fast).

RRRRyan

Jun 27, 2010
can't install OTA 0.7.2?

Background for anyone that cares: I just got my Razr Maxx HD less then 1 week ago (Feb 2013) and it came new from Verizion with JB 4.1.1.

Although not a one click root this was much simpler then other methods i've used in the past. Thanks again to all those that made this possible. I just cant wait for more custom roms and source for the kernel so we can overclock (for the record tho this phone has been super fast).

I can't get the OTA to install, it refuses on WiFi and 4G. If I factory reset (after going to 4.0.4) setup and go to system updates without enabling wifi I see the 6 meg update but it fails saying "try again later" ... If I enable WiFi I get no message, then if I disable WiFi it just says "download suspended" I've been at this half the day and can't get the 0.7.2 update. Any ideas?

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
I've heard that from a a few people the past couple days... may be an issue on their end.

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
I can't get the OTA to install, it refuses on WiFi and 4G. If I factory reset (after going to 4.0.4) setup and go to system updates without enabling wifi I see the 6 meg update but it fails saying "try again later" ... If I enable WiFi I get no message, then if I disable WiFi it just says "download suspended" I've been at this half the day and can't get the 0.7.2 update. Any ideas?

Here I posted a link to the files last night but the other forum is down. You'll have to flash manually in recovery. Be sure to back up root. Here is the 0.7.2 file. The jelly bean file is in this forum.

https://www.box.com/shared/kv96g2u14j44hdaic8w8

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

the virus

Dec 21, 2010

Same friggin problem! Help please someone out there!!!

gadsden

Sep 18, 2009
Last edited:

tprothma

Jul 21, 2015
Hi, I have a Razr HD that had an older build of the OS, so used Droid Razr HD Utility 1.21 to upgrade to 4.1.2, root and unlock bootloader.

If I use RSD Lite to install VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml and then follow the procedure here, will I lock the bootloader?
Sorry, I know this is a simple question, and I think the answer is that the bootloader will remain unlocked because my understanding is that Android 4.4 only prevented unlocking the bootloader (if it was not already unlocked) and should leave the bootloader untouched in any case. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Tim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a quick guide to get to the latest OTA Jelly Bean. Looks like its Official: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/3...or-droid-razr-hd-and-maxx-hd-as-build-9-1-41/

and, yes, you CAN fastboot back to 0.7.2 after applying this update: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...erizon-new-leak-and-atrix-hd-att-firmwarefxz/

This guide will take you from any current version, back to original factory release, root, and then update to 0.7.2, and then new Jelly Bean.

If you are ALREADY rooted on 0.7.2, then simply do Step 0-1 and 12-22.

Requirements:
    1. You have a PC and have the Motorola Drivers installed for your Phone when its plugged in as USB.
    2. You have an SD Card for your Phone (yes, you can do this without an SD card, but its not covered in this guide.)

Issues
    1. You dont have an SD Card? -- OK, you can do it without, but its not covered here. hint, you need to use adb a little and push the update to the proper location when you dont have an SD card.
    2. You dont have the Motorola drivers installed for your Phone? Step 4, or Step 6 failed? --- OK, in that folder, open 'Drivers[REQUIRED]' and run either the 32bit or 64bit version depending on your OS.

Downloads:

Jelly Bean OTA 9.1.41 (Android 4.1.1): http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip
    MD5: 0aebd88f7e975bdc4323002215cad727

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1970267 download: http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR_HD/DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility1.10.zip

0. Backup anything you want to keep on your phone (Camera pics, etc)
    1. Put "delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip" on your Phone SD card
    2. Unplug USB and Power off your Phone
    2. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down Volume up, Volume down and Power
    3. Once in Boot Mode Selection Mode screen, select “AP Fastboot” using the Volume Down Key then press the Volume Up Key to select it.
    4. Plug in Phone to USB and use the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.00 to Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
    5. a. Boot Phone b. turn on USB Debugging (Settings | Developers) c. unplug and plugin Phone
    6. install Root exploit using DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.00 (make sure you read the note about pressing Vol Up and Power on your phone when asked to do so). Also NOTE: Wiping 'Data' will erase all your Camera pics that are NOT stored on 'SDCard' by default.
    7. Sign-in to Google Play and Update Superuser
    8. Open Superuser and update binaries
    9. Open OTA Keeper: click 'protect root' and then 'temp unroot'
    10. Open System and check for Updates, download and then install the 0.7.2 update
    11. Once phone is booted, Open OTA Keeper: click 'restore root'
    12. Open Superuser and make sure you are rooted, check for 'Updates'
    13. Open OTA Keeper: click 'protect root' and then 'temp unroot'
    14. Unplug USB and Power off your Phone
    15. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down Volume up, Volume down and Power
    16. Once in Boot Mode Selection Mode screen, select “Recovery” using the Volume Down Key then press the Volume Up Key to select it.
    17. Once the Android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down
    18. use Volume Down to navigate 'Update from External Data' and press 'Power' to select it
    19. use Volume Down to navigate 'delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip' and press 'Power' to select it
    20. the update will take 5-10 minutes. Do not worry when its at 50% and takes a long time. Once done, hit 'Power' to reboot into Jelly Bean
    21. Once phone is booted, Open OTA Keeper: click 'restore root'
    22. Enjoy Jelly Bean and Root!
    It doesn't matter if you already have the JB update. The easiest way I have found is to use Matt's utility found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33610625

1. Use option 1 to go back to ICS
    2. Go to settings - about phone and take the 6mb update.
    3. Root using the utility
    4. Install voodoo ota rootkeeper either from the utility or Google play
    5. Open voodoo and protect root
    6. Temporarily unroot.
    7. Take the JB OTA
    8 Open voodoo and restore root.

Lol you guys cant just wait less than a week to take the official OTA??? :p

Also just wanted to point out that if anyone else here has the developer edition you don't need to go through this. You can just simply root the JB OTA.

Hell no man 2 days is essentially an eternity when it comes to jelly bean!!
    While mass storage is gone.... there is MTP mode... it works exactly the same so stop complaining and use the search feature before whining about it.
    No it doesn't work exactly the same. Try using Winamp's sync service in MTP mode... Next time you feel like getting a bit pretentious, shut up instead.

Here I posted a link to the files last night but the other forum is down. You'll have to flash manually in recovery. Be sure to back up root. Here is the 0.7.2 file. The jelly bean file is in this forum.

https://www.box.com/shared/kv96g2u14j44hdaic8w8

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2