FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) - Jelly Bean OTA - 9.1.41.XT926 + Root

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 24
 
By chip!, Member on 1st December 2012, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd December 2012, 02:04 PM |#21  
Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Hey Guys, wonder if I could get a little help. I followed the instructions got all the way to the end but I can't seem to restore root. I was already running jelly bean had never rooted before so I followed all the instructions went back to ics and now back at jellybean again and no root.
Any help would be appreciated thanks..
 
 
3rd December 2012, 04:48 PM |#22  
GoClifGo05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
You made a SU backup then temp uprooted and then took the OTA and restored SU backup? Did you update SU binaries after restore?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 06:01 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827

Hey Guys, wonder if I could get a little help. I followed the instructions got all the way to the end but I can't seem to restore root. I was already running jelly bean had never rooted before so I followed all the instructions went back to ics and now back at jellybean again and no root.
Any help would be appreciated thanks..

You sbf to ics, take the small update, root. Update su and update binaries. Unroot with voodoo, install the leak, restore root. Worked for me at least.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
3rd December 2012, 09:17 PM |#24  
Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouse2013

You sbf to ics, take the small update, root. Update su and update binaries. Unroot with voodoo, install the leak, restore root. Worked for me at least.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

I did follow the instructions exactly as stated and all the steps worked correctly but It won't restore root. I will try it again now and let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies...
3rd December 2012, 09:31 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Ok, I followed the instructions as given, and my update fails due to a build.prop mismatch. I'm not entirely sure why this might be, I haven't been manually editing it, and the only tool I might have used to make a change I thought I undid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 10:52 PM |#26  
manuski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent

Ok, I followed the instructions as given, and my update fails due to a build.prop mismatch. I'm not entirely sure why this might be, I haven't been manually editing it, and the only tool I might have used to make a change I thought I undid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2


I have the same error. I wonder if it's due to a bad download or maybewe have to sbf from a fresh start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 10:57 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuski

I have the same error. I wonder if it's due to a bad download or maybewe have to sbf from a fresh start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The OTA and the download both error out in the same fashion for me, so I'm going to start from the beginning and go though all the steps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 11:21 PM |#28  
Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827

I did follow the instructions exactly as stated and all the steps worked correctly but It won't restore root. I will try it again now and let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies...

It worked! Have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Thanks ...
3rd December 2012, 11:21 PM |#29  
007shark's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
My OTA to jellybean kept failing so following these instructions worked great. I was able to keep root and reinstall safestrap.

Edit: I had to download the jellybean zip file twice. The first download kept failing signature verification.
4th December 2012, 01:12 AM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
OK - here's what I'm gettingqe 1/1
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop". "{long hex number, probably a hash}". "{Another long hex number, probably a hash}")
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

And back to the recovery menu
4th December 2012, 03:15 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827

Hey Guys, wonder if I could get a little help. I followed the instructions got all the way to the end but I can't seem to restore root. I was already running jelly bean had never rooted before so I followed all the instructions went back to ics and now back at jellybean again and no root.
Any help would be appreciated thanks..

The su binary included in the DROID RAZR HD utility posted in the original thread doesn't work properly with Superuser on Jellybean. It works if you pull up an adb shell. Here's what I did to fix the issue (after you've tried to restore root using OTA root keeper):

1. Grabbed http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...arm-signed.zip and extracted bin/su from it.
2. Pushed the new su binary to the device, in /data/local/tmp

adb push su /data/local/tmp

3. Pulled up a shell, and su to root, and remount /system as rw

adb shell
su -
mount -o remount,rw /system

4. Copy the new su in place and fix permissions
cp /data/local/tmp/su /system/bin/su
chown root:root /system/bin/su
chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

5. Remount file system as read only
mount -o remount,ro /system

You should be good to go at that point!
Last edited by pfak; 4th December 2012 at 03:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pfak For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes