Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) - Jelly Bean OTA - 9.1.41.XT926 + Root

3rd December 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #21  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10

53 posts
Hey Guys, wonder if I could get a little help. I followed the instructions got all the way to the end but I can't seem to restore root. I was already running jelly bean had never rooted before so I followed all the instructions went back to ics and now back at jellybean again and no root.
Any help would be appreciated thanks..
3rd December 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #22  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365

1,518 posts
More
You made a SU backup then temp uprooted and then took the OTA and restored SU backup? Did you update SU binaries after restore?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #23  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 25

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827

Hey Guys, wonder if I could get a little help. I followed the instructions got all the way to the end but I can't seem to restore root. I was already running jelly bean had never rooted before so I followed all the instructions went back to ics and now back at jellybean again and no root.
Any help would be appreciated thanks..

You sbf to ics, take the small update, root. Update su and update binaries. Unroot with voodoo, install the leak, restore root. Worked for me at least.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
3rd December 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #24  
Flag New Jersey

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouse2013

You sbf to ics, take the small update, root. Update su and update binaries. Unroot with voodoo, install the leak, restore root. Worked for me at least.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

I did follow the instructions exactly as stated and all the steps worked correctly but It won't restore root. I will try it again now and let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies...
3rd December 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Ok, I followed the instructions as given, and my update fails due to a build.prop mismatch. I'm not entirely sure why this might be, I haven't been manually editing it, and the only tool I might have used to make a change I thought I undid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 9

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent

Ok, I followed the instructions as given, and my update fails due to a build.prop mismatch. I'm not entirely sure why this might be, I haven't been manually editing it, and the only tool I might have used to make a change I thought I undid.

I have the same error. I wonder if it's due to a bad download or maybewe have to sbf from a fresh start.

3rd December 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #27  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuski

I have the same error. I wonder if it's due to a bad download or maybewe have to sbf from a fresh start.

The OTA and the download both error out in the same fashion for me, so I'm going to start from the beginning and go though all the steps.

3rd December 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #28  
Flag New Jersey

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827

I did follow the instructions exactly as stated and all the steps worked correctly but It won't restore root. I will try it again now and let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies...

It worked! Have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Thanks ...
3rd December 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #29  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 97

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
My OTA to jellybean kept failing so following these instructions worked great. I was able to keep root and reinstall safestrap.

Edit: I had to download the jellybean zip file twice. The first download kept failing signature verification.
4th December 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #30  

15 posts
OK - here's what I'm gettingqe 1/1
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop". "{long hex number, probably a hash}". "{Another long hex number, probably a hash}")
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

And back to the recovery menu

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread