5,598,908 Members 30,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Tip us?

Prl91
Old
(Last edited by Prl91; 4th June 2013 at 07:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Default [App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.
Attached Files
File Type: apk WalletInstallerV3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 10781 views)
Beamed Through Space By My Alienware M14XR2
The Following 126 Users Say Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fafinaf
Old
(Last edited by fafinaf; 5th December 2012 at 08:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Dude. You are awesome. I was just in the official wallet thread and was hesitant on going through with it because it seemed daunting having to change the build prop. I'm about to flash slim Bean 3.1 and then try this out. Will update this post once I finish trying it out . Hopefully all goes well!!!

Well I ended up lagging on the install but just wanna say thanks again because it worked perfectly. First try and not a single problem as of yet. Awesome!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fafinaf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prl91
Old
(Last edited by Prl91; 1st December 2012 at 09:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Glad to help! Hopefully all goes well! If the download stalls just give it a while, my server is a retired galaxy nexus hooked up to WiFi lol. My WiFi sucks sometimes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RussDR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Internal SDcard Corrupt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prl91 View Post
Google Wallet Installer for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3's(d2vzw)

My application, "WalletInstaller", will install Google Wallet on any Verizon S3. It simply swaps out your build.prop with a modified one and then flashes an open recovery (TWRP 2), and in the open recovery flashes the latest version of Google Wallet along with the required NFC libs for your rom. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which can be somewhat slow, but I'll be upgrading soon. Hopefully there won't be any download issues. Just select the appropriate rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz. Hopefully it helps you out and makes the process easier! It has been tested on my device, which is running CM10, but the other options haven't been tested, but they should work great. I will also hopefully make it to support all US carrier based S3's after the weekend is over.

My application will be in the market for 99 cents if you feel like supporting the cause(will post link once uploaded), or you can download it here for free. Please don't post links to my application without my personal consent. Thank you!

And as always: I take no responsibilty for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.
So I installed the app and set it all up just fine, in fact, I was about to test out wallet at a locat establishment but I noticed something was a little weird. I tried to change my wallpaper to a picture in my gallery. For some reason I got an error that "Not enough space. Delete photos, music, etc." Last time I checked I had plenty of space. I opened up setting and storage to find my device storage has a total of 4GB of space (with close to 2GB's of free space remaining). My S3 is a 16GB unit. Obviously things are a bit haywire. I'm running CleanROM 5.0 at the moment so I'm not sure if your app would conflict with that but things were fine prior to this. What do you think?

brusslesprouts
Old
Thanks Meter 3
when i choose ics touchwiz install it loads terminal emulator and says rm failed for /system/build.prop no such file or directory

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure if my app would interfere quite like that. It shouldn't, but when messing with the build.prop and a custom ROM you can never be positive. If anything else odd happens, pm me and I'll look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusslesprouts View Post
when i choose ics touchwiz install it loads terminal emulator and says rm failed for /system/build.prop no such file or directory
It's possible that your system didn't mount properly, or that your ROM is using some sort of mod that moved the build.prop, or it may have been removed or altered by another application.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ronin09
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Got mine installed and all looks good but same thing about the wallpaper..........says no space even though it has space.

Prl91
Old
(Last edited by Prl91; 2nd December 2012 at 07:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin09 View Post
Got mine installed and all looks good but same thing about the wallpaper..........says no space even though it has space.
That's odd. What ROM type are you running?

Ronin09
Old
Thanks Meter 13
CleanROM 5 also

I mean it installed great. I even put a new debit card on it. Going to try it out in just a hour or so but no space when using the gallery to change wallpaper