Maryville
simonsickle.com
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is the SickleKernel for the HTC One V (primoc and primou). The source code has been modified to support both devices in a unified development environment. To assist in the development, simply checkout the source code, add a feature, test it and push the changes to my gerrit with the included gerrit script in the kernel's root. All changes will be reviewed and tested, and if the code is up to spec, will also be accepted. All contributions are greatly welcome.

The current goal of this kernel is to get the MSMFB from the jb_chocolate branch of CAF to boot fully on this device. Currently the goal of this project is to get past the black screen currently encountered so that we can have proper msm_fb drivers in jellybean and more easily port a 3.4 kernel. The current URL for the work (and booting caf drivers is here NOTE: Booting drivers means booting with a black screen.) We must properly initalize the panel of this device, but as soon as that is accomplished there will not be any problems with jellybean vsync.

Major Changes:
Code:
Add gerrit script to allow others to contribute to kernel code
compiled with cfx 3.8.1 toolchain
Fix Makefile flags so that kernel compiles on 4.8 GCC toolchains
Add google snappy 
add -fno-pic flag for some compilers to fix wifi module
fix jb-4.2.2 no booting issue with MSMFB
Add XZ compression
patch to 3.0.67
Fix multitouch issue
Add cflags to optimize the code such as cortex9 and funloop
add primou board files
fix wakelock of bluetooth (caused bad battery life)
add new KGSL drivers for jellybean
fix compile warnings in 3.0.56 for gcc 4.6 (google prebuilt)
patch to 3.0.56
fix bluetooth in kernel
add overclock
fix warnings

Installation guide:
Use this awesome guide by the helpful cybervibin

How to compile:
1) download this tested toolchain
2) get kernel source here (Current branch is "jellybean-4.2")
3) put the toolchain in your $HOME directory
4) be sure your system has all the dependencies to build a kernel (system-devel, gcc, ect)
5) cd to the kernel source
6) issue the command `make ARCH=arm primoc_defconfig` NOTE: If building for gsm, primou_defconfig should be used
7) issue the command `make -j4 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=`echo "$HOME/prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-eabi-4.8/bin/arm-eabi`"`
8) grab the kernel from arch/arm/boot/zImage and the modules from drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko
9) create a boot.img with either mkbootimg and mkbootfs or android kitchen (Android kitchen is reccomended)
NOTE:
mkbootimg flags:
primoC base is 0x14300000 and ramdisk is 0x15300000
primoU base is 0x13f00000 and ramdisk is 0x14f00000
command line for both is console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8

Source:
here Current branch "jellybean-4.2"
Any bug reports should be posted here

Downloads:
Primoc V42 for 4.2.2 roms (ION) -> Here
MD5: fa0e631d340f06e67ebfeed5f2ed99f7

Primou V42 for 4.2.2 (PMEM) -> Here
MD5: d275623756c850b0936323d90292f9b4

maxwen
jmztaylor
synergy (CFX 4.8.1 toolchain)
lloir
tehwafflez (for buying me a wonderful bus pirate)
BeyondExistence

Last edited:

cybervibin

Mar 18, 2012
Pallet town
Samsung Galaxy S10e
So just making sure here, is this kernel is for 4.0 or 4.1?

And it will not work with sense roms
So aka stock 4.0 or cm10/ pa/ akop right?

I am really looking forward to improved battery life and sleeker performance ^_^

Sent from my 4.1 PACman 15.3 with sick kernel 2.0.0 One V using xda app-developers app
when he said AOSP m guessing 4.1.X
its just a guess,
so simon whats new, i mean the changelog?

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
Improved for jellybean. I'm working on the commit for sysfs vsync and that will make us ready for 4.2.. video cam will be added eventually its just a matter of messing with it enough

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Tehwafflez

vic126

Nov 27, 2012
I just went back to stock sense lol. Ill have to try it out next week with jmz rom

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

cybervibin

Mar 18, 2012
Pallet town
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I noticed it works fine in things like launchers, but not games. It cancels all touches.... Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
if ur talking about JB, maybe cause its still in beta stage!

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I'll also be taking over CM10 for a bit. Jmz lent unlimited io his phone to get us all soff

s-off ???? really?,yay!

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
he donated to unlimited.io there's no promises but these guys are good. Also team blueridge, which lloir me and kalaker belong to (I'm one of the two founders ) has found a hopeful method for one v CDMA. It is the same way as the wildfire s. We just need the proper diag bin... but back on track. Create a general thread else please

Reactions: Tehwafflez
The guys there are amazing. It probably won't be long at all

so i dont know if its just me but your links to download are not working it just reports that it has "problems loading page" if anyone has already gotten this kernel plz pm me with link so i can get hooked up really want to try this out thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the SickleKernel for the HTC One V (primoc and primou). The source code has been modified to support both devices in a unified development environment. To assist in the development, simply checkout the source code, add a feature, test it and push the changes to my gerrit with the included gerrit script in the kernel's root. All changes will be reviewed and tested, and if the code is up to spec, will also be accepted. All contributions are greatly welcome.

The current goal of this kernel is to get the MSMFB from the jb_chocolate branch of CAF to boot fully on this device. Currently the goal of this project is to get past the black screen currently encountered so that we can have proper msm_fb drivers in jellybean and more easily port a 3.4 kernel. The current URL for the work (and booting caf drivers is here NOTE: Booting drivers means booting with a black screen.) We must properly initalize the panel of this device, but as soon as that is accomplished there will not be any problems with jellybean vsync.

Major Changes:
    Code:
    Add gerrit script to allow others to contribute to kernel code
    compiled with cfx 3.8.1 toolchain
    Fix Makefile flags so that kernel compiles on 4.8 GCC toolchains
    Add google snappy 
    add -fno-pic flag for some compilers to fix wifi module
    fix jb-4.2.2 no booting issue with MSMFB
    Add XZ compression
    patch to 3.0.67
    Fix multitouch issue
    Add cflags to optimize the code such as cortex9 and funloop
    add primou board files
    fix wakelock of bluetooth (caused bad battery life)
    add new KGSL drivers for jellybean
    fix compile warnings in 3.0.56 for gcc 4.6 (google prebuilt)
    patch to 3.0.56
    fix bluetooth in kernel
    add overclock
    fix warnings

Installation guide:
    Use this awesome guide by the helpful cybervibin

How to compile:
    1) download this tested toolchain
    2) get kernel source here (Current branch is "jellybean-4.2")
    3) put the toolchain in your $HOME directory
    4) be sure your system has all the dependencies to build a kernel (system-devel, gcc, ect)
    5) cd to the kernel source
    6) issue the command `make ARCH=arm primoc_defconfig` NOTE: If building for gsm, primou_defconfig should be used
    7) issue the command `make -j4 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=`echo "$HOME/prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-eabi-4.8/bin/arm-eabi`"`
    8) grab the kernel from arch/arm/boot/zImage and the modules from drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko
    9) create a boot.img with either mkbootimg and mkbootfs or android kitchen (Android kitchen is reccomended)
    NOTE:
    mkbootimg flags:
    primoC base is 0x14300000 and ramdisk is 0x15300000
    primoU base is 0x13f00000 and ramdisk is 0x14f00000
    command line for both is console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8

Source:
    here Current branch "jellybean-4.2"
    Any bug reports should be posted here

Downloads:
    Primoc V42 for 4.2.2 roms (ION) -> Here
    MD5: fa0e631d340f06e67ebfeed5f2ed99f7

Primou V42 for 4.2.2 (PMEM) -> Here
    MD5: d275623756c850b0936323d90292f9b4

maxwen
    jmztaylor
    synergy (CFX 4.8.1 toolchain)
    lloir
    tehwafflez (for buying me a wonderful bus pirate)
    BeyondExistence
    Check the OP. Theres a guide in there now for compiling. Also, OP updated with new primoc and primou kernel boot.img's for 4.2.2 enjoy guys! Changelog also updated :)
    Okay guys I may support sense in a next kernel. Im going to be doing a lot of school first but I think I will port sense with ICS 4.0.4 for VM with tetheting and such. I also may try to go back and port a sense with 4.1 after pmem ion and msmfb are sorted since I'm the only dev left for CDMA. I won't be taking over cyanogen 10 and if someone wants they can do 9 but I will be porting a ROM over. I'm on a new ROM team. Hopefully we can have the one v up and running well before may on that ROM

Got the bus pirate guys. Working on getting UART active

hi ,

can i use this with stock rom ?? htc ove v primo U

My goal is to make this phone an aosp phone that easily will go to the newer android releases and be bug less in a short period of its portage to the new tree. For this reason I saw it fit to discontinue 4.0.4 and sense. Jellybean 4.1.2 and 4.2 are under active development and under a hopeful bug less window of before the release of keylime.