Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 52,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INSTALLATION GUIDE ] [OFFICIAL FIRMWARE][GALAXY ACE 2 GT -i8160]

Tip us?

TheBlackWolf
Old
(Last edited by TheBlackWolf; 28th December 2012 at 10:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 509
Default [INSTALLATION GUIDE ] [OFFICIAL FIRMWARE][GALAXY ACE 2 GT -i8160]

This is Tutorial/Guide for installing official updates using Odin.

NOTE :
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.

Remember:
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone and I am not responsible for any damages to your phone.
This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.

Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 update for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update.

Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:

Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 for Galaxy Ace 2 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Ace 2.
Step 3 - Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see “downloading” on your screen.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Ace 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 build.

List Of Firmwares

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160NELG2 United Kingdom [ H3G ]

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160NELG2 Italy [ H3G ]

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160XXLG1 Russia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Indonesia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Singapore

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Thailand

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Malaysia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Vietnam

Other Firmwares available on SamMobile
Note : You need to register on it to have download access
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin3-v1.85.zip - [Click for QR Code] (198.9 KB, 2804 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheBlackWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WiCiO_MeDi
Old
Thanks Meter 173
as i recall the firmwares are in one file and you put it in PDA only.
also you've listed pretty old firmwares..

anyhow thnx for the guide but you should put it in General section

snaky90
Old
Thanks Meter 28
increases flash counter ? Thanks !

mkel91
Old
Thanks Meter 690
flashing stocks rom will not increase you counter.. It's easier to put home files in pda, I will performs automatically..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkel91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cocoe68
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy My Ace II dead after stock upgrade

I can't startup again my Ace II when I updated to latest stock firmware downloaded from Samfirmware.com, it is from BTU region: I8160XXLK5_I8160BTULK5_BTU.zip.

What do you think I could do? It doesn't start nor pressing ON/OFF nor any other normal boot procedures. I removed battery, wait some minutes, nothing happens

Any suggestion?

malamharian
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoe68 View Post
I can't startup again my Ace II when I updated to latest stock firmware downloaded from Samfirmware.com, it is from BTU region: I8160XXLK5_I8160BTULK5_BTU.zip.

What do you think I could do? It doesn't start nor pressing ON/OFF nor any other normal boot procedures. I removed battery, wait some minutes, nothing happens

Any suggestion?
Go to recovery, try to factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

WiCiO_MeDi
Old
Thanks Meter 173
does it turn on the screen or is it dead?
The Following User Says Thank You to WiCiO_MeDi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Messi10
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoe68 View Post

Any suggestion?
try
1- remove sd card and sim card and battery
2- hold power button + home + vol down
3- while holding power button + home + vol down insert battery
4- it should boot if not ---------> go to service center and remember don't tell them that your are rooted, custom rom ... say i was playing nfs shift when the phone turned off
Sorry for my bad English

cocoe68
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi10 View Post
try
1- remove sd card and sim card and battery
2- hold power button + home + vol down
3- while holding power button + home + vol down insert battery
4- it should boot if not ---------> go to service center and remember don't tell them that your are rooted, custom rom ... say i was playing nfs shift when the phone turned off
I tried to start pressing Vol-Down + Home + Power without SIM nor uSD cards but didn't started up. I will go to service center and tell exactly that stop working without any reason.

Thanks

mojito0
Old
Thanks Meter 161
So since I found this thread I'm going to ask here, is there any difference in the regions of all these firmwares? I mean...a difference between the German firmware and the Russia firmwares are what? The language? The carrier the firmware can support? and Lastly, what if I (who lives in Greece) install a The last German or Russian or whichever firmware?