Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The thing that may kill the DNA for me...

OP adrynalyne

3rd December 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #21  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,673

9,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

I don't believe he returned it yet.
Yeah I use to run your kernels on the Dinc adrynalyne

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Actually I did.

I went with the note II.

My gnex couldn't cut it with battery. I still feel that the DNA is the better device, but the app compatibility is something I want.

I was able to play Backstab last night for the first time in a year.

I dont do kernels as much anymore. I recognize that there are those who put me to shame with them such as faux and imo.
3rd December 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,481

9,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

Actually I did.

I went with the note II.

My gnex couldn't cut it with battery. I still feel that the DNA is the better device, but the app compatibility is something I want.

I was able to play Backstab last night for the first time in a year.

I dont do kernels as much anymore. I recognize that there are those who put me to shame with them such as faux and imo.

Sorry to hear your leaving

The Following User Says Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #23  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Thumbs up DNA
it is the best phone so far by htc.
3rd December 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 13

111 posts
Luckily I have rarely noticed the menu button on the bottom, but personally I think removing the menu key from the mainstay of buttons was a mistake on Google's part. Back, Home, Recent, and Menu should have been a constant. That is one thing (of many) that I liked with Android over iOS. In Apple apps there was no constant to where the hidden menu functions would be. You have to look and find the button. With Android (up until ICS anyway) there was always a constant capacitive button that you knew exactly where it was. On my GNex that was the first mod I threw on it, a constant menu button beside the 3 main buttons. If Google were to say the menu should be in a defined location for every app I would be OK with it, but they can't even do that with their own (Gmail, for instance moves it around while you're in the app). But all that being said, the only time I notice it within the DNA is when I'm typing. I have to adjust my fingers up if the menu key pops up on the bottom, and move down if its not present. I don't play games on my phone because I'd rather not waste battery on my phone for games, that's what I have a Nexus 7 for.

.........DNA.........
The Following User Says Thank You to bwhite757 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
More
Sorry to hear you're leaving the DNA as well Adrynalyne... The more devs we have with DNA's in their hands, the better...

As far as the three button menu goes, I haven't really gotten it in the way of too many things. It seems more like a problem with the app developers rather than the phone itself. I agree that as more and more phones come out that are 1080 screens, devs are only going to have to account for the screens in their app updates - or risk loosing customers.

I'm keeping the phone more for the hardware itself. I can wade through the small amount of "problems"/annoyances that are occurring until CM10 or some other ROM is released for it. I've never really been too thrilled with Sense anyway, so I'll probably just slap an AOSP ROM on it as soon as something stable comes out.
3rd December 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #26  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,673

9,620 posts
I don't play games all of the time, but I have bought a considerable amount in the time I have had Android devices. Not being able to run many of them really bothered me.
3rd December 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #27  
Flag Lubbock
Thanks Meter: 111

558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

I don't play games all of the time, but I have bought a considerable amount in the time I have had Android devices. Not being able to run many of them really bothered me.

Damn you adrynalyne for talking me out of spending $600 I don't have! Lol that stupid menu decision absolutely drove me nuts when I played with the phone and until HTC really pushes the marketing of the phone and the SGS4 is released, I'd agree about development for 1080p phones being on the back burner. Let me know what you think about the N2, its really been tempting me as of late and like you said, the battery life of the Gnex is its Achilles heel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
3rd December 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 166

407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool79346

Damn you adrynalyne for talking me out of spending $600 I don't have! Lol that stupid menu decision absolutely drove me nuts when I played with the phone and until HTC really pushes the marketing of the phone and the SGS4 is released, I'd agree about development for 1080p phones being on the back burner. Let me know what you think about the N2, its really been tempting me as of late and like you said, the battery life of the Gnex is its Achilles heel.

You know HTC will never market this phone, its all on Verizon, but it looks like Verizon is on a love fest with the moto razr devices?? Baffles me everytime I see moto devices advertised by Verizon and not HTC's droid line.

3rd December 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #29  
Flag Lubbock
Thanks Meter: 111

558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeriz

You know HTC will never market this phone, its all on Verizon, but it looks like Verizon is on a love fest with the moto razr devices?? Baffles me everytime I see moto devices advertised by Verizon and not HTC's droid line.

Yeah I don't know what kind of premium they get on Moto devices for the advertising and sales, but I can remember dang near fighting with reps when I wanted the Eris over the OG Droid (monetary issue) and then the Gnex over the RAZR ( don't do encrypted bootloaders). Moto is definitely in their pockets.

3rd December 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I don't want to sound like I'm hating on this phone, but I returned mine and picked up an iphone5. I've never been an iOS user and wanted to see how it was. The real reason for the return, was that my nexus 4 finally arrived. After a week of test driving the DNA, I realized I wasn't ready to be an early adopter. The issues of support for 1080p was just annoying for me and after playing with my n4 side by side with it I found the n4 was perfectly fine as an android replacement. The phone was beautiful, the quality of the build is second to none, I'll give it that. Just issues with Sense not really utilizing 1080p real estate was a bit weird. Lack of OTAs will be a concern for me (I knew that going in). I really just utilized my early upgrade to see what the phone was like before I went for the iphone 5 + n4 combo. Another personal issue for me was size. My hands are too small to really hold/use this one handed on my subway rides daily. It will fall and break, I can see it happening any day now for me. So yah, I've returned mine and stuck with my n4. My initial impressions is that the DNA has so much to offer over the n4, for some reason I found the n4 a bit snappy without any hiccups.
Last edited by n0code; 3rd December 2012 at 07:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to n0code For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread