5,604,443 Members 48,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 (latest update: 12/1/2012)

Tip us?

Sblood86
Old
(Last edited by Sblood86; 27th September 2013 at 05:31 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Default Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 (latest update: 12/1/2012)

Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 for Amazon Kindle Fire (first generation)

About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Warning: Does NOT currently support KitKit

Main Features:
1. Theme support
2. Touch screen button controls!
3. GooManager support!
4. Advanced Backup
5. Delete old backups!
6. Persistent settings
7. User-defined backup locations!
8. ADB Sideload
9. Touchscreen calibration
10. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
11. Backported extfs tools for better ICS/JB management

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a heaping helping of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be quite lengthy), or paste it on pastebin.com.

WARNING!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
Flashing instructions can be found at the download link below.

Main Recovery Screenshots:
Main Gallery (external link) (Nexus 7 screen shots; will update soon)

Available Themes:
Themes Gallery (external link) (Again, Nexus 7 images shown here)

Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.1:
Note: The below link is an external link to the Project Open Cannibal forums. We do not require registration to download any public release, but we'd sure appreciate it if you stopped by to say hello

Cannibal Open Touch Download (external link)

For those of you who are either uncomfortable or incapable of using fastboot for some reason webdroidmt has done an updated Smirkit 2.1 for y'all, please see the original Smirkit release page for usage instructions.

XDA:DevDB Information
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1, a Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
Sblood86, drewwalton19216801, thenameisnigel

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.1
Stable Release Date: 2012-12-01

Created 2013-09-04
Last Updated 2013-11-28
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sblood86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 922
Good to see you posting COTR here! Thanks.

Mike T

Kira
Old
(Last edited by Kira; 2nd December 2012 at 06:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 950
Thanks. Will test it out!

Sent from my Kindle Fire
Follow me on Instagram.

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 922
Just made a nandroid & it seemed faster than 2.02, maybe placebo. Didn't flash any roms , as I don't have anything new to flash...yet! I like the overall simplicity and the functions in plain language terms.

Couple of questions, where can I read up on how to install a theme? Is that something that the COTR android app does or will do? Also, as stated in the OP, I deleted my current .ini file but can I still restore older COTR nandroids, say from 2.02 with this version? I'm figuring yes but want to be sure.

Thanks again for an alternative to TWRP. Btw, when the skull logo first came up, I thought I got a virus or something. LOL Looks cool.

Mike T

Sblood86
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt View Post
Just made a nandroid & it seemed faster than 2.02, maybe placebo. Didn't flash any roms , as I don't have anything new to flash...yet! I like the overall simplicity and the functions in plain language terms.
I can't imagine what would effect speed but cool

Quote:
Couple of questions, where can I read up on how to install a theme? Is that something that the COTR android app does or will do? Also, as stated in the OP, I deleted my current .ini file but can I still restore older COTR nandroids, say from 2.02 with this version? I'm figuring yes but want to be sure.
Previous backups should work just fine yes as for themes we don't have a lot yet but there is an outline for creating them on both github and the POC forums. The apps capabilities are limited to Drew's java capabilities as I find java to be; well, it's unsavory, we'll leave it at that

To that end I'm not sure but maybe.

Quote:
I thought I got a virus or something.
Love it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sblood86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
(Last edited by Thepooch; 2nd December 2012 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 885
Thank you Sblood86 this is a great Christmas gift awesome work. Updated index.

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I assume this replaces twrp. Would I install this along side twrp? Will firefirefire offer a choice of recovery?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 922
Sblood, is there a way in settings to change the time? Thanks.

Mike T

Sblood86
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sblood, is there a way in settings to change the time? Thanks.

Mike T
Not at this time (no pun intended); requires an offset which varies a bit by location so it's a bit of a hack. Haven't done it yet but we may add a function for it in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sblood86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblood86 View Post
Not at this time (no pun intended); requires an offset which varies a bit by location so it's a bit of a hack. Haven't done it yet but we may add a function for it in the future.
Thanks for your reply, obviously it would be nice for proper timestamping of the nandroids, as now it reads 5 hours ahead for me.. But even without that, I've previously been enjoying using COTR and this new version with themes gives me a little something extra to play with.

Started messing around with the themes I d/l from the git, took the devildroid one and substituted the devildroid background out with the droid jellybean machine that's been floating around the web. Simple but looks pretty nice, I like green and gives me a better idea how to work with the themes going forward. Gonna' work with the HTML color picker to see what other combos I can come up with.

Btw, just for the heck of it, I updated my smirkit with COTR 2.1 and flashed it instead of fast booting it.

Anyway, thanks again for this update.

Mike T