5,599,842 Members 46,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Batakang ROM for DROID RAZR HD - 12/13/2012 - Release 1.00

Tip us?

DonKilluminati23
Old
(Last edited by DonKilluminati23; 3rd December 2012 at 02:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducats View Post
Go into SU and update binaries... should fix the issue.
Binary updater fails to gain root access.. shucks.

Edit: I reflashed. After rebooting, went into super user, updated binaries (root access gained.) After binaries were updated, i downloaded titanium backup and could not obtain root. Wtf?? Went back in to super user, attempted to update binary, root could not be obtained. I dont get it.

ducats
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKilluminati23 View Post
Binary updater fails to gain root access.. shucks.

Edit: I reflashed. After rebooting, went into super user, updated binaries (root access gained.) After binaries were updated, i downloaded titanium backup and could not obtain root. Wtf?? Went back in to super user, attempted to update binary, root could not be obtained. I dont get it.
Do you have busybox installed?

DonKilluminati23
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Do you have busybox installed?
Just checked, it is not. I downloaded busybox installer and clicked install busybox but it failed.

So do I need to flash again? If so, in what order do I need to update binary, install busybox, update superuser app, etc?

ducats
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKilluminati23 View Post
Just checked, it is not. I downloaded busybox installer and clicked install busybox but it failed.

So do I need to flash again? If so, in what order do I need to update binary, install busybox, update superuser app, etc?
Did you check to make sure you had root on your stock rom slot? I should probably re-read your steps up to this point, but as long as
you had root before flashing this to say rom slot 1, you should not have lost root. Are you using OTA rootkeeper? Have you tried opening
it and toggling temp un root? Are all the boxes checked, specifically the one that says "root access gained"??

Typically, when I use OTA, i restore root, then go into SU update the app, then update binaries... after that I'm good to go.

kenshin911
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Noob here..

I having some problems if i should flash these roms and i need to confirm the next steps that i think i should do (my device is already rooted)

I got a ICS Stock from Telcel and i want to get batakang but i was reading that you need to flash from a Jelly Bean ROM, so the question is what i need to do to get batakang...

Should i start unlocking bootloader??

DonKilluminati23
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Did you check to make sure you had root on your stock rom slot? I should probably re-read your steps up to this point, but as long as
you had root before flashing this to say rom slot 1, you should not have lost root. Are you using OTA rootkeeper? Have you tried opening
it and toggling temp un root? Are all the boxes checked, specifically the one that says "root access gained"??

Typically, when I use OTA, i restore root, then go into SU update the app, then update binaries... after that I'm good to go.
Got it working, just re-backed up stock, restore, flash, seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

So then.. Google Now anyone? lol

ducats
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin911 View Post
Noob here..

I having some problems if i should flash these roms and i need to confirm the next steps that i think i should do (my device is already rooted)

I got a ICS Stock from Telcel and i want to get batakang but i was reading that you need to flash from a Jelly Bean ROM, so the question is what i need to do to get batakang...

Should i start unlocking bootloader??
Assuming that you're NOT on a dev unit... there will be no bootloader unlocking. If you're rooted, you need to install OTA rootkeeper, protect root, then unroot... install the JB leak from this forum in the stock android recovery. Reboot into the JB leak restore root, install safestrap... backup stock rom... create rom slot, restore backup to rom slot... flash batakang. Got all that??

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 338
^^ They are on telcel.. so that is XT925, don't think this ROM is meant for non Verizon models... Could be wrong.
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2

kotaro_14
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoClifGo05 View Post
^^ They are on telcel.. so that is XT925, don't think this ROM is meant for non Verizon models... Could be wrong.
Well this rom is compatible with both the RAZR HD and the Atrix HD, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
Current Phone: Nexus 4
Rom: PA 2.99b5
Android FW: 4.2.1
Kernel: franco Kernel r68

Current Phone 2: White iPhone 5 64GB
Jailbroken: Yes, via Evasion

Backup Phone:LG Optimus G E970
Rom:Stock 4.2.1 via Nexus 4 Conversion
Android FW:4.2.1
Kernel:Stock

Past:Nokia 3220, Nokia 6290, KIRF iPhone 4(lol), Samsung Galaxy S II, LG Thrill 4G, Samsung Focus i917, HTC Sensation, Sony Tablet S 32GB, Samsung Galaxy S III T-999, New iPad

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 338
But HD and ATRIX are both Verizon phones? I just know that CM10 needs a specific ROM for both XT926 and XT925 so there has to be a difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2