[ROM-ROOT GUIDE] [TMOBILE T889UVALK8] Rooted / Deodexed / Wifi-Calling + MultiWindow
These is the complete original T-Mobile ROM running perfectly and beautifully on the AT&T I317... (NEW MULTI WINDOW UPDATE T889UVALK8 NOW AVAILABLE!)
-> Wifi-Calling perfecly working with T-Mobile Sim Card... (you need to have your AT&T I317 Sim Unlocked...)
-> If you are coming from stock AT&T or N7105 ROM, you don't even need to format/wipe data... just flash and all your data and apps will be there when it boots! but with T-Mobile ROM! (Some cases may require Full Wipe)
HOW TO ROOT AT&T I317
1. Make sure your phone is recognized by your computer by downloading the necessary Samsung Kies Drivers
then... Download this file:
Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit
2. Unrar the downloaded file and you should have a folder called "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit". Inside that folder, there is a file called "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip", copy that file to your phone's internal memory. (you can also copy it to the external memory, but it is not recommended)
3. Put your phone into "Download Mode" by Turning it off, then press Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button (all 3 at the same time) and you will get into "Download Mode"... Ones you get there, Press Volume Up.
4. RECOVERY PART ->
Now plug your phone into your computer, and run Odin 3 (Inside the Galaxy Note Root Kit folder you will see a sub folder called Odin3_vx.xx, and there you will see the Odin EXE file)
5. No make sure your Odin app looks like the image below: (Make sure the PDA option is set and click on the PDA button an look for the file called cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5 (inside the "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit" folder. Also make sure it says "Added" on the message box on the left!)
6. Then click "Start"
7. Your phone will restart after flashing... When it boots up into android... Turn it off again.
8. Turn your phone on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON (at the same time) and as soon as you see the "Galaxy Note 2" splash, release the power button and keep pressing VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON. You should get to the recovery you just flashed on the previous step.
9. SUPERUSER PART->
Now choose "Install zip from sdcard" and browse for CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip that you previously copied to the phone on Step 2.
10. After choosing the file, click YES (in order to install superuser on your phone... in other words, rooting android)
11. After flashing just go back on the menu and reboot device...
D O N E - > You are now rooted!
- - - AT THIS POINT YOU ***SHOULD*** BACKUP YOUR ROM (NANDROID) USING THE RECOVERY - - -
FLASHING THE T-MOBILE ROM:
You can use CWM Recovery or a more robust Recovery like TWRP in order to flash the T-Mobile ROM. Basically just copy the downloaded ROM into your phone and Flash It. You might not even need to wipe data or anything, just flash the rom and see how it goes... If for some reason your phone did not like the transition from one ROM to another without wiping data, then wipe data / cache and perform a clean install.
AT&T - T-Mobile APN's
Version 1 - STOCK T-MOBILE ORIGINAL RELEASE WITH WIFI CALLING Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...
Version 2 - STOCK T-MOBILE NEW UPDATE WITH MULTI WINDOW + WIFI CALLING T889UVALK8 Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...
- - - D O W N L O A D S - - -
M I R R O R - 1
M I R R O R - 2
M I R R O R - 1
Mirror 2 -> Uploading...