Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-ROOT GUIDE] [TMOBILE T889UVALK8] Rooted / Deodexed / Wifi-Calling + MultiWindow

Tip us?

sling
Old
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
Sweet!!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T
ROOT: CF-Auto-Root (HERE)
RECOVERY: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch (HERE)
ROM:BeansTown106 - G900TUVU1ANCH 4,4,2 STOCK DEODEX (HERE)
[SlingMods]
ATT Data Icons-v1 (HERE)
SMS/MMS Screen Wake Control-v1 (HERE)
The Following User Says Thank You to sling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kofusionz03
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flashing T889 modem on i317

Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 628
the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: CM 11 | AOKP | PAC MAN
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TEKHD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofusionz03 View Post
Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise
Yes you will get Edge on T-Mobile (currently) But soon there will be a flashable modem that should support T-Mo... Will post updates as they arrive.

TEKHD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab View Post
the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know
Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHD View Post
Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!

No Problem - I honestly don't' know how important it is - I have always had 80 in that field - and I have seen it in other instructions from other ROMS that needed to have the APN Manually entered - but I don't know that it absolutely must be there - I had noticed that someone else posted that they couldn't get LTE - so maybe it has something to do with that?

Anyway - I hope it helped.
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: CM 11 | AOKP | PAC MAN
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)

kdm212
Old
Thanks Meter 8
any new tmobile radio updates for 3/4g on the note 2 for att?

JarkMackson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Any chance you could post another mirror? I've tried to download this 7 times and it always stops on me at different points.

TEKHD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkMackson View Post
Any chance you could post another mirror? I've tried to download this 7 times and it always stops on me at different points.
Downloaded already?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
> > > I just ask for a simple THANKS!

hnic32
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm212 View Post
any new tmobile radio updates for 3/4g on the note 2 for att?
This is how you enable 4g on your att note 2 on tmobile network, i have 4g on my att note 2 on tmobile network:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2068041

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

First off, let me say i love this rom! i have a at&t note 2 running on t-mobile network with 4g, 42 mbps. my only problem is that the camera pics are come out in a different rotation than i originally took them in. any ideas?