FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[ROM-ROOT GUIDE] [TMOBILE T889UVALK8] Rooted / Deodexed / Wifi-Calling + MultiWindow

3,157 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,306
 
By TEKHD, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / XDA Portal Scout on 3rd December 2012, 02:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th December 2012, 04:53 AM |#11  
sling's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Thanks Meter: 936
 
Donate to Me
More
Sweet!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th December 2012, 10:33 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Flashing T889 modem on i317
Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise
19th December 2012, 02:31 AM |#13  
mocsab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 936
 
More
the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2012, 05:05 PM |#14  
TEKHD's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / XDA Portal Scout
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Thanks Meter: 9,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofusionz03

Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise

Yes you will get Edge on T-Mobile (currently) But soon there will be a flashable modem that should support T-Mo... Will post updates as they arrive.
20th December 2012, 05:07 PM |#15  
TEKHD's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / XDA Portal Scout
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Thanks Meter: 9,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know

Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!
21st December 2012, 01:33 AM |#16  
mocsab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 936
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHD

Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!


No Problem - I honestly don't' know how important it is - I have always had 80 in that field - and I have seen it in other instructions from other ROMS that needed to have the APN Manually entered - but I don't know that it absolutely must be there - I had noticed that someone else posted that they couldn't get LTE - so maybe it has something to do with that?

Anyway - I hope it helped.
26th December 2012, 12:15 AM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
any new tmobile radio updates for 3/4g on the note 2 for att?
28th December 2012, 01:12 AM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Any chance you could post another mirror? I've tried to download this 7 times and it always stops on me at different points.
28th December 2012, 04:28 AM |#19  
TEKHD's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / XDA Portal Scout
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Thanks Meter: 9,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkMackson

Any chance you could post another mirror? I've tried to download this 7 times and it always stops on me at different points.

Downloaded already?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
6th January 2013, 03:38 PM |#20  
hnic32's Avatar
Member
Flag NWI
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm212

any new tmobile radio updates for 3/4g on the note 2 for att?

This is how you enable 4g on your att note 2 on tmobile network, i have 4g on my att note 2 on tmobile network:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2068041

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

First off, let me say i love this rom! i have a at&t note 2 running on t-mobile network with 4g, 42 mbps. my only problem is that the camera pics are come out in a different rotation than i originally took them in. any ideas?
12th January 2013, 12:03 AM |#21  
hnic32's Avatar
Member
Flag NWI
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
i having an issue with my vibration not working on my phone. any one else having this issue?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes