Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-ROOT GUIDE] [TMOBILE T889UVALK8] Rooted / Deodexed / Wifi-Calling + MultiWindow

Tip us?

joogle
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi - I've got a couple questions, I bought the AT&T Note 2 and enabled the AWS band by uploading the qcn file as instructed in another thread. I am getting 3G/4G with my T-zones on the stock AT&T rom.

I would prefer to have the T-mobile rom due to Wifi calling but was wondering the following:

1. If need be can I revert back the stock AT&T rom?
2. Has anyone with t-zones been able to tether using this rom, or do we need some sort of app? More targeted towards people with Tzones.

Basically trying to determine if this is the rom for me.

joogle
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Could you provide the link to the Jedi rom that will work with T-mobile on this AT&T phone?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyj85 View Post
Thanks I tried it out, I was getting not so good speedtest plus i lost twthering so I went back to jedi rom

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

joogle
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi OP can you check the first link the second version of the file is stuck at 44.1 MB everytime i try to download

thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joogle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inspron
Old
Thanks Meter 44
There is a spell checker fix for this rom available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2148199

s_snk3
Old
Thanks Meter 7
does this rooting method works on 4.1.2? trying to do it for a friend, thanks.

joogle
Old
Thanks Meter 16
yeah the android version should not mater for rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_snk3 View Post
does this rooting method works on 4.1.2? trying to do it for a friend, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to joogle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s_snk3
Old
Thanks Meter 7
awesome, thanks.

keoni34
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Failed

I followed this process 3 times and all I get is my device rebooted with all my apps and settings gone.

senozlu1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
this rom comes with radio/modem or is it ok to use at&t modem thank you...........

senozlu1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Wifi calling and free wifi tethering ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHD View Post

These is the complete original T-Mobile ROM running perfectly and beautifully on the AT&T I317... (NEW MULTI WINDOW UPDATE T889UVALK8 NOW AVAILABLE!)

-> Wifi-Calling perfecly working with T-Mobile Sim Card... (you need to have your AT&T I317 Sim Unlocked...)
-> If you are coming from stock AT&T or N7105 ROM, you don't even need to format/wipe data... just flash and all your data and apps will be there when it boots! but with T-Mobile ROM! (Some cases may require Full Wipe)

HOW TO ROOT AT&T I317

1. Make sure your phone is recognized by your computer by downloading the necessary Samsung Kies Drivers,

then... Download this file:

Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit

2. Unrar the downloaded file and you should have a folder called "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit". Inside that folder, there is a file called "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip", copy that file to your phone's internal memory. (you can also copy it to the external memory, but it is not recommended)

3. Put your phone into "Download Mode" by Turning it off, then press Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button (all 3 at the same time) and you will get into "Download Mode"... Ones you get there, Press Volume Up.

4. RECOVERY PART -> Now plug your phone into your computer, and run Odin 3 (Inside the Galaxy Note Root Kit folder you will see a sub folder called Odin3_vx.xx, and there you will see the Odin EXE file)

5. No make sure your Odin app looks like the image below: (Make sure the PDA option is set and click on the PDA button an look for the file called cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5 (inside the "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit" folder. Also make sure it says "Added" on the message box on the left!)

6. Then click "Start"

7. Your phone will restart after flashing... When it boots up into android... Turn it off again.

8. Turn your phone on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON (at the same time) and as soon as you see the "Galaxy Note 2" splash, release the power button and keep pressing VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON. You should get to the recovery you just flashed on the previous step.

9. SUPERUSER PART-> Now choose "Install zip from sdcard" and browse for CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip that you previously copied to the phone on Step 2.

10. After choosing the file, click YES (in order to install superuser on your phone... in other words, rooting android)

11. After flashing just go back on the menu and reboot device...

D O N E - > You are now rooted!

- - - AT THIS POINT YOU ***SHOULD*** BACKUP YOUR ROM (NANDROID) USING THE RECOVERY - - -

FLASHING THE T-MOBILE ROM:

You can use CWM Recovery or a more robust Recovery like TWRP in order to flash the T-Mobile ROM. Basically just copy the downloaded ROM into your phone and Flash It. You might not even need to wipe data or anything, just flash the rom and see how it goes... If for some reason your phone did not like the transition from one ROM to another without wiping data, then wipe data / cache and perform a clean install.

AT&T - T-Mobile APN's

VERSIONS...

Version 1 - STOCK T-MOBILE ORIGINAL RELEASE WITH WIFI CALLING Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

Version 2 - STOCK T-MOBILE NEW UPDATE WITH MULTI WINDOW + WIFI CALLING T889UVALK8 Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

- - - D O W N L O A D S - - -

VERSION 1

M I R R O R - 1
M I R R O R - 2

VERSION 2

M I R R O R - 1
Mirror 2 -> Uploading...
Hi is there way that you can enable Wifi calling and free wifi tethering ? on this rom ?