Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Jedi Academy, or (Most) Everyting You Need To Know About Jedi ROMs

Tip us?
 
svavrek
Old
(Last edited by svavrek; 6th December 2012 at 02:18 PM.) Reason: Another question...
#21  
svavrek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 256
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MobTim View Post
There are two flavors -

Jedi Master (Based on T-Mo Stock Firmware) which has wi-fi calling enabled and working. It does not include multi-window. It does have the same tweaks and boosts that ALL Jedi ROMs have.

Jedi X (Based on AT&T LJ1 Firmware) which has multi-window enabled and working, but no wi-fi calling.

I'm not sure about what themes out there support your no battery graphic request, but I'm someone has one. Bear in mind that themes will need to be consistent with the 23-Toggle mod that is cooked in both flavors.

Happy flashing!
So I have never used WiFi calling and never used multi window yet... still newer to the phone so I guess I'll go with multi-window support... sounds more useful
Also... I assume the AT&T LJ1 will work on the Tmobile version, yes?
 
mdt73
Old
#22  
mdt73's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 715
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clarksville
Why is this thread here? Other than becoming a jedi groupie, the OP wont be able to answer any technical questions. Using the XDA search is a far better venue, which is also stated in the rules.

*Signature blocks shouldn't default to free advertising.*
Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Solavei.
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.
 
ptmr3
Old
#23  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 20567
Posts: 8,473
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt73 View Post
Why is this thread here? Other than becoming a jedi groupie, the OP wont be able to answer any technical questions. Using the XDA search is a far better venue, which is also stated in the rules.

*Signature blocks shouldn't default to free advertising.*
Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Solavei.
Actually the op is very knowledgeable and can answer youe questions. When there is a question hes not sure of he messages me to he sure his answer is correct. This is not a groupie thread it is a q&a so that I donr have to spend so much time answering questions. No need for unpleasant comments

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
T-MobTim
Old
#24  
T-MobTim's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt73 View Post
Using the XDA search is a far better venue, which is also stated in the rules.
You're absolutely right! Which is why the OP says the following:

"feel free to start looking, and remember that the SEARCH THIS THREAD box to the right of Thread Title is your friend, and can lead you to the necessary answers in many instances."

The difference here is that, as a community, we simply choose to try and be as helpful and educational as possible, in an environment where people aren't afraid of being flamed for asking questions about things they don't understand, and to do so in a manner that is polite, respectful, and takes into account that not everyone who mods their phone operates at the same level.
Sent from my Jedi-powered Galaxy Note II using The Force


 
T-MobTim
Old
#25  
T-MobTim's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by svavrek View Post
So I have never used WiFi calling and never used multi window yet... still newer to the phone so I guess I'll go with multi-window support... sounds more useful
Also... I assume the AT&T LJ1 will work on the Tmobile version, yes?
Sure will! It's what I'm using and it's rock solid, I think you'll be impressed.
Sent from my Jedi-powered Galaxy Note II using The Force


 
svavrek
Old
(Last edited by svavrek; 6th December 2012 at 08:22 PM.) Reason: See story
#26  
svavrek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 256
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MobTim View Post
Sure will! It's what I'm using and it's rock solid, I think you'll be impressed.
Pics stay same as always right? And, is this a 4.1.2 based ROM or 4.2.x based ROM? I'd really like a 4.2 based if at all possible, but will experiment w/ current versions if necessary I know the SS's say 4.1.1 but not knowing how old those are... is why im asking this.
 
T-MobTim
Old
#27  
T-MobTim's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by svavrek View Post
Pics stay same as always right? And, is this a 4.1.2 based ROM or 4.2.x based ROM? I'd really like a 4.2 based if at all possible, but will experiment w/ current versions if necessary I know the SS's say 4.1.1 but not knowing how old those are... is why im asking this.
Both are still 4.1.1 based, but the next round is planned for upgrade as long as we can keep the performance AND stability where we expect them.
Sent from my Jedi-powered Galaxy Note II using The Force


 
svavrek
Old
#28  
svavrek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 256
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MobTim View Post
Both are still 4.1.1 based, but the next round is planned for upgrade as long as we can keep the performance AND stability where we expect them.
Sorry for the questions... I've worked a lot w/ the Vibrants but never the N2, only had her a week and a few days... These "addons"... I see the zip names (file names) and know what some of them exactly are but are uncertain what ALL of them are... Is there any better descriptions of all of the addons? I need to know what, exactly, I need to download of them for the N2 tonight so I can flash this over.
 
T-MobTim
Old
#29  
T-MobTim's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by svavrek View Post
Sorry for the questions... I've worked a lot w/ the Vibrants but never the N2, only had her a week and a few days... These "addons"... I see the zip names (file names) and know what some of them exactly are but are uncertain what ALL of them are... Is there any better descriptions of all of the addons? I need to know what, exactly, I need to download of them for the N2 tonight so I can flash this over.
Are you talking about the stuff in the Goody Bag?
Sent from my Jedi-powered Galaxy Note II using The Force


 
Androidkmk
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Exclamation Missing MyFiles Folder

After flashing Jedi x5, I can't locate the MyFiles folder...also for the S_voice, it looks like it's not included....any help please ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes