Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth streaming issues

Tip us?

brockeverly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Bluetooth streaming issues

I have noticed that my MAXX HD will not stream via bluetooth to save its life. It is nerve racking to say the least. It is something isolated to this device as my HTC Rezound worked fine.

Here is what happens. When connecting to my 2012 Tundra it says it is connected for bluetooth streaming. If I pick an mp3 saved to the device it streams it just fine, but if I open Rhapsody or any other streaming app I get nothing. A work around I have found is to send myself a text message and not check it. Once the alert comes through for the new message it streams until I check it at which point it stops streaming. While streaming Rhapsody or any other streaming program it shows my ringtone name, when playing an mp3 it shows the mp3 name.

After searching I see this is an issue with various other vehicles as well. Anyone know a way to fix this? From what I have found Moto is not addressing the issue at this time. With 90% of my music coming through my Rhapsody subscription it is quite a pain to deal with.

brockeverly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Played around a little more. If I try to play my Amazon music through the cloud player I get no sound, but if I download the tracks to the device then open the Google Play Music app they play just fine.

FWIW this happened on the first sw, 7.2 update, and now on the 4.1 leak.

yutzyscott
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I wish I could help find a solution but all I can do is say it seems isolated to your phone. I use a jawbone big jambox at work and my pioneer in dash DVD player in my car. Both work flawlessly with the exception, sometimes they fail to connect without toggling Bluetooth. I can even use my jambox for media and headset for phone with both devices connected simultaneously. I spend most of my time with slacker radio, pandora or Sirius xm app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

Thatoneguy.
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I use it with power amp and Pandora streaming music to my motorcycle helmet, no issues here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DukeL
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have some issues sometimes I have to reconnect it with my prius as the bluetooth audio will stop working sometimes. Also sometimes even though bluetooth audio is working phone calls will not and I have to fool around with the settings and disconnect and reconnect. Kinda a pain since my iphone works 100% flawless with the prius.

phobos512
Old
Thanks Meter 54
OP, which headunit are you using in your Tundra, Entune or non-Entune? I have a 12 CM 4x4 Platinum with the non-Entune Nav headunit. I haven't tried audio streaming unfortunately as I use satellite. But I can give it a shot on Fri when I come home from travel.

Sent from my *new* iPad using Tapatalk HD
Currently: VZW LG G3 (VS985) || Previous Smartphones: iPhone 5S; iPhone 5; Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX; Motorola Droid RAZR HD; HTC One X; HTC One V; Motorola Atrix 4G; HTC EVO 4G; HTC Aria; HTC Touch Pro; Palm Treo 650
The Following User Says Thank You to phobos512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucidvtec
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I use Bluetooth in my truck all the time for Pandora...works great .

Even after a ROM flash. Just pair with the head unit and done

Nissan titan

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

dcohio
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockeverly View Post
I have noticed that my MAXX HD will not stream via bluetooth to save its life. It is nerve racking to say the least. It is something isolated to this device as my HTC Rezound worked fine.

Here is what happens. When connecting to my 2012 Tundra it says it is connected for bluetooth streaming. If I pick an mp3 saved to the device it streams it just fine, but if I open Rhapsody or any other streaming app I get nothing. A work around I have found is to send myself a text message and not check it. Once the alert comes through for the new message it streams until I check it at which point it stops streaming. While streaming Rhapsody or any other streaming program it shows my ringtone name, when playing an mp3 it shows the mp3 name.

After searching I see this is an issue with various other vehicles as well. Anyone know a way to fix this? From what I have found Moto is not addressing the issue at this time. With 90% of my music coming through my Rhapsody subscription it is quite a pain to deal with.
I have similar issues with my Droid RAZR MAXX HD and my 2012 Subaru Outback. The ONLY workaround I have found is to adjust the music volume slider in settings/sound/volumes after bluetooth is connected and audio is playing. I haven't found any common link between downloaded audio vs streaming. I have had issues with ICS and now JB with the bluetooth on the MAXX HD. My previous Droid RAZR worked with the same bluetooh system just fine.
Verizon
Droid Razr MAXX HD
Rom: Stock JB 4.1.1 (9.1.41)

Droid Razr
Rom: Stock ICS 4.0.4 (6.16.211) [Rooted]
The Following User Says Thank You to dcohio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krycek1984
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a 2011 Toyota corolla with Bluetooth non En tune .

Mine has trouble streaming as well, but saved audio works just fine. Must be a Toyota thing. This happened on my windows phone too. My Bluetooth is a little finicky. Drives me crazy.

Everything works much better with the navigation dock. But still no streaming without auxiliary

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to krycek1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brockeverly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512 View Post
OP, which headunit are you using in your Tundra, Entune or non-Entune? I have a 12 CM 4x4 Platinum with the non-Entune Nav headunit. I haven't tried audio streaming unfortunately as I use satellite. But I can give it a shot on Fri when I come home from travel.

Sent from my *new* iPad using Tapatalk HD
Non-entune. Let me know what happens, thank you!