5,604,686 Members 37,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM10.0 Stable Review

Tip us?

Mekuso
Old
(Last edited by Mekuso; 7th December 2012 at 07:54 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
just installed this.

for some reason the contacts app doesnt have a menu so i cant get in the settings to change my voicemail.

music playes for a few seconds after it has been paused.

currently in the process or wiping and reflashing stable to see if the problem persists
The lack of a menu is easy to fix. Settings - System - Hardware keys - show action overflow

The music bug has an easy fix as well, you can find it in the CM10 nightly thread a few pages back if I remember correctly.

Also: here is a real photo comparison. The following pictures have been taken by the same phone in identical light conditions.

CM10:
http://db.tt/8yHNmU0F

Sense stock:
http://db.tt/qh1cfhxu
The Following User Says Thank You to Mekuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dgwphotography
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Location: To the left of the rock, and to the right of the hard place
I ran CM10 on my one s for about week, and went back to stock.

While it is stable and snappy, CM10 had worse battery life, weaker WiFi and 4g signal, and the image quality was noticibly worse.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

fractis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After installing CM10 I started missing sense first.. but after installing several apps I started to work around some of the weaknesses of CM10 and I'm quite happy now.

Most important apps for me:
  • haxSync for nice contacts
  • xPhone for a better contac-manager where I can quickly edit contacts
  • NovaLauncher/TouchWiz for nicer screen
  • Camera app because the CM10 seemed to be a bit unresposive
The Following User Says Thank You to fractis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thanamesjames
Old
(Last edited by thanamesjames; 17th January 2013 at 08:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Sorry for bumping an old(er) thread, but I plan on installing CM for a family member and figure it needs to be this one. A few questions. Does installing this really decrease wifi and data? Or is that some kind of strange anti-placebo? Also I've heard that gps isn't great on this, how have others faired? Thanks!

Anything else that would be good to know for use by a "normal" user?

WCCobra
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Default Re: CM10.0 Stable Review

I have not experienced any wifi, data, or gapps issues
The Following User Says Thank You to WCCobra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dr_rick13
Old
Thanks Meter 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwphotography View Post
I ran CM10 on my one s for about week, and went back to stock.

While it is stable and snappy, CM10 had worse battery life, weaker WiFi and 4g signal, and the image quality was noticibly worse.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
worse battery life? I'm gonna have to disagree, which CM10 ROM were you using?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Devices:
Google Nexus 5
ROM: Testing a few...
-------
Galaxy S3 i9300
HTC HD2

annndrewww
Old
Thanks Meter 14
It doesn't seem like there's any real issues with the CM10 Stable. Think I'll be good if I unlock the bootloader, root, and flash CM10 from the start when I get my phone tomorrow in the mail?

xxquicksh0txx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by annndrewww View Post
It doesn't seem like there's any real issues with the CM10 Stable. Think I'll be good if I unlock the bootloader, root, and flash CM10 from the start when I get my phone tomorrow in the mail?
There's no problem with the cm10 night lies, I would flash the latest nightly instead.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

revealed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello!

I like the project very much. As there is no way for me to go back to stock. I had a bootloop without a backup and a messed recovery. So i was looking for a German o2 branding RUU for 02___102 but no go. And as i am very pissed of HTC's policy, dealing with customers and am gernerally very happy with open projects i like CM even more.

So i went over to CM 10. The last time i used CM was on my old HTC Legend. And i just have to say: "Cool!"; To this version. Big step forward.

Actually i use the nightly build:
- I would love to see some effects in trebuchet.
- Wifi loosing connectivity when using powermanagement feature. (Wont resume?) So i just use policy always on.

The light sensor could be set a little less restrictive by default (more light even in darker places). But i try setting this myselves. (no big problem).

Many thanks for this!

Greetings,

R

Piccolo1986
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default WIFI problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by revealed View Post
Actually i use the nightly build:
- I would love to see some effects in trebuchet.
- Wifi loosing connectivity when using powermanagement feature. (Wont resume?) So i just use policy always on.
Hi,
do you have any further information about this wifi problem?
I think I have the same. When I reboot my phone I find my home wifi instantly, but if I'm leaving my home, or wifi idle time is over, my phone getting stucked on "scanning for wifi networks" and I also can't disable wifi. But this only occurs at my home wifi (which always worked well with stock ROM) all other wifi have no problem

BUT: NEVER BACK TO STOCK, I LOVE CM

Tags
cm10 stable, htc one s, review