Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

[Q] S3 device status detected as "modified" after JB update yesterday night.

OP zadigre

3rd December 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 95

430 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadigre

I suspect that they are checking not just the presence of "rooting" app in the system folder, but also other "rooting" files anywhere else on the phone... I'm sure they do this because just by removing my microsd card, even if the only files present were music and jpg file, the status went from modified to normal.

So a temp unroot might not necessarily fix this problem for you.

Hmm, hopefully the answer surfaces from one of the devs soon.
3rd December 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #12  
Flag Edmonton, AB
Thanks Meter: 98

170 posts
More
I have ROOT but my Device Status is Normal

Sent from my SGH-I747M
3rd December 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 248

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulet

I have ROOT but my Device Status is Normal

Sent from my SGH-I747M

which su binary are using (supersuser or supersu)?

I think that supersu has an option to hide the root availability... is this the one that you are using?
The Following User Says Thank You to zadigre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 09:57 PM   |  #14  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

Yea mine was modified going into the ota update it updated fine then after when you checked software update it said it was modified and that updates were no longer available

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Sam here, as far as I can tell it wasn't as a result of the SD card. It was fine when I had stock unrooted Rogers ALH1, but it changed to modified when I flashed the root injected Rogers ALH1 for the no counter trip thread, and it was in ODIN too.
3rd December 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #15  
Flag Lethbridge
Thanks Meter: 32

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadigre

which su binary are using (supersuser or supersu)?

I think that supersu has an option to hide the root availability... is this the one that you are using?

I'm also rooted on the JB update and status shows normal. I'm using supersu but can't find an option to hide. With rooted ics it always showed modified.

I wasn't sure if it was connected to the flash counter in some way since I'm not at 0 anymore but apparently that's not the case.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
3rd December 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acloaf

I'm also rooted on the JB update and status shows normal. I'm using supersu but can't find an option to hide. With rooted ics it always showed modified.

I wasn't sure if it was connected to the flash counter in some way since I'm not at 0 anymore but apparently that's not the case.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

It's all based upon files in /system ALSO flash counter.

Modified, meh.

Just if you DO NOT root and updated to JB 4.1 and it now shows modified...that's weird.

Yet most of the time when you flash to a rooted version and it says modified thats cause of /system files and flash counter.
3rd December 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caha2639

It's all based upon files in /system ALSO flash counter.

Modified, meh.

Just if you DO NOT root and updated to JB 4.1 and it now shows modified...that's weird.

Yet most of the time when you flash to a rooted version and it says modified thats cause of /system files and flash counter.

My phone has a stock rom and flash counter is 0.
This morning, I had all my music files on my microsd card... Status was modified. I removed all files, reboot... Status normal. Yes this is weird.
3rd December 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #18  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,527

28,358 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
5th December 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
I have the same weird problem too. I bought my phone 4-5 days ago from a famous shop. It was totally new and unused, never rooted, never flashed anything, no simlock, no root required app installed AND no sdcard. These days it is mostly Modified, rarely it turns to Normal after restarting the device...
10th December 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

767 posts
More
I don't know what was really going on... I removed one song, got the "Normal" status. I removed some other files, got "modified". ReAdd the first file that was removed, got the "Normal" status again.

What I've decided to do is put my memory card in my MacBook Pro. I got an error that the card wasn't readable. My MacBook is supposed to support SDXC standard with and extFAT formated card... so it looks like that my card had a problem. I decided to reformat the card with FAT32 even if SDXC card are supposed to be extFAT. I put the card back into my phone. I synched all music files.... and I got the "normal" status again. I modified my playing list in iTunes... I synched again... status stil shown as "normal".

So I don't know what was the problem exactly... I suppose that the file system on the card was damaged in some way... but I really do not know what caused this problem at first.
Anyway it works fine now... so this is the most important thing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread