FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[APP] SPlanner Full Screen Calendar widget Suite

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By prerunnerseth, Senior Member on 3rd December 2012, 11:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th December 2012, 04:37 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemknight!

Yeah, I found that out as well. It works now. Adding the fact that the permissions need to be changed to the instructions could have saved me a headache.


Folks, if you are already running a deodexed rom just ignore that part. I will update the instructions. I Didn't have to change the permissions on mine, so if someone has some instructions for changing the permissions, I will add them to the OP.
 
 
17th December 2012, 08:58 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
In Es file explorer, I changed the permissions by long pressing on the file on selecting properties, then click change. Image shows how to set Attachment 1571466
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
17th December 2012, 09:01 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Turtle

In Es file explorer, I changed the permissions by long pressing on the file on selecting properties, then click change. Image shows how to set Attachment 1571466
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachment not working.
18th December 2012, 02:05 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355796289830.jpg
Views:	1341
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1572141
Ok I'll try again

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 05:42 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Help with S Planner widget
I am running the new jelly bean build 5 so I just was wondering is this a deodexed rom or not just so i dont mess up my phone in the long run.
If you can help I would really appreciate it,
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunnerseth

*****************Must have rooted phone for this to work******************
*****************Like any other Samsung TW widget, this does not work with after market launchers*************


This is the Calendar widget apk that includes all the same calendar widgets as seen on other versions of the GN2.

Ok , I seem have solved my issues with the full screen calendar widget I ported over from the Sprint GN2.

The APK is deodexed so I just had to rename the original .odex file to something else.

Instructions.

1. Download the SPlannerAppWidget.apk and copy to your phone.
2. Using root explorer, Mount the System - App folder as R/W
3. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.apk to be SPlannerAppWidget.bak
4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder (If you are already running a deodexed rom, skip this step)
5. Copy the downloaded SPlannerAppWidget.apk to your System - App folder
6. Mount your app folder as R/O
7. Reboot you phone

**********This works fine on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note II. I am Not responsible if you mess your phone up.


Thanks,

PRS


Thanks to shiftr182 from the Sprint GN2 section for providing me with the APK.

4th January 2013, 07:14 PM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis19

I am running the new jelly bean build 5 so I just was wondering is this a deodexed rom or not just so i dont mess up my phone in the long run.
If you can help I would really appreciate it,
Thanks

Yes, Beans B* ROMs are deodxed... but you shouldn't need to install this widget if you're on it since it's already baked in to the ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 08:22 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That is what I thought too. But i cant find S Planner widget anywhere all I have is widget that says Calendar I dont see any widget that says S Planer anywhere. I put the calendar widget on the screen and cant write on it. Unless I am doing something wrong.
Any help I would really appreciate it
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusojiji

Yes, Beans B* ROMs are deodxed... but you shouldn't need to install this widget if you're on it since it's already baked in to the ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

4th January 2013, 08:56 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis19

That is what I thought too. But i cant find S Planner widget anywhere all I have is widget that says Calendar I dont see any widget that says S Planer anywhere.

Yeah, it's named "Calendar (month)":
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357332576849.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1617104

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis19

I put the calendar widget on the screen and cant write on it. Unless I am doing something wrong.
Any help I would really appreciate it
thanks

Are you supposed to be able to write on it directly? I've never tried that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 09:56 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I thought you were suppose to be able to write on it, but maybe you cant. If you cant then yes i do have the right widget. But I thought I saw a video where you could. Maybe I was wrong though.
Thanks for your help.
Maybe some other people can clarify it for you and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusojiji

Yeah, it's named "Calendar (month)":
Attachment 1617104



Are you supposed to be able to write on it directly? I've never tried that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

31st January 2013, 03:23 PM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis19

I thought you were suppose to be able to write on it, but maybe you cant. If you cant then yes i do have the right widget. But I thought I saw a video where you could. Maybe I was wrong though.
Thanks for your help.
Maybe some other people can clarify it for you and I

I too can not get the real Samsung Calendar app installed- I am rooted with full file permissions and followed directions on other threads (File rename etc)- even a standard install
5th February 2013, 06:03 PM |#31  
marcustaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaneybob

I too can not get the real Samsung Calendar app installed- I am rooted with full file permissions and followed directions on other threads (File rename etc)- even a standard install

Ditto I too have followed the directions to a "T" and it will not work. Phone is rooted and unlocked. I have Titanium Backup Pro, ES File Explorer just to mention some off the tools. OP care to chime in?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes