Threads of Interest:
Official CM11 Thread
Official CM11 Q&A Thread
- ROMs / Change Logs (cherry-picks & reverts)
- Recommended GAPPS - gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip *CM recommended
- Recommended Firmware - d2vzw_VRBMF1_firmware.zip
- Recommended Modem - d2vzw_VRBNE1_modem.zip
- Recommended Recovery - PhilZ Recovery 6.57.5-d2lte - ** Flash in current recovery, then reboot recovery **
The downloads above are what I use on my phone. If you want to post a bug, please make sure you are only running the above. If you use somebody else's kernel, your bug report will not be entertained. The only way it will be accepted is if it fixes something that the stock kernel breaks. In that case, please post a link to the kernel so we can check it out.
- Modified signal strength display to only show 0 bars if you have no signal.
- Modified signal icons to show Kit-Kat orange when not connected to Google servers and white when you are.
- Modified cLock/LockClock weather description location. No more truncated descriptions.
- Disabled CMUpdater
Tips & Tricks:
- Having audio issues? Try disabling LPA by setting lpa.decode to false in your build.prop.
::::SMS-BUG:::: if you are having the 1 sms or no sms send bug, please follow the steps below.
Assuming that this is for the SMS bug... Try the following:
**Note, order is important. You must nvrestore BEFORE reprovision.
- Back up current ROM (CM11) to external sdcard. This is important because you will lose your internal storage if you ODIN.
- Copy anything you want to keep from internal storage to your computer (or to your external SD card)
- nvrestore while on CM11 - Only do this if you have done an nvbackup while everything was still good or if you have a newer phone.
- Battery pull (because you will bootloop after nvrestore)
If you have a TW backup (note that it must be 4.1):
- Volume up/home button/power button to get into CWM.
- Restore TW backup.
If you do NOT have a TW backup
- Volume down/home button/power button to get into download mode
- Run ODIN and restore a stock image of TW (must be 4.1 - I use the original route 66 because it is already rooted - posted below from my Dropbox)
- When it reboots you will once again bootloop
- Battery pull, volume up/home button/power button to get into stock recovery and do a data wipe/factory reset.
- Boot up into stock TW.
- Reboot again (because for me, SU doesn't work properly until a reboot - and you will need root access to flash CWM through ROM Manager)
- Dial *2767*3855# (to reprovision)
- Login to the play store and download and install ROM Manager
- Flash CWM recovery
- Reboot back into CWM and restore your CM11 backup from the external SD card.
This worked for me... Your mileage may vary.
** If you want/need to learn how to use ODIN, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1722686
** If you want/need the stock root66 ODIN file, here is the link: http://mastamoon.truelinux.net/other...vzw_root66.tar (after you install, do NOT accept the VZW update. Defer and then perform the other steps)
Finally, do NOT upgrade to the ML1 modem. It appears that the ML1 modem may cause the SMS "fix" not to survive a reboot. However, on the MF1 firmware, the SMS "fix" appears to stay intact.
Hope this helps!
mastamoon's unofficial cm11.x, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
mastamoon, CyanogenMod, irc://irc.freenode.net/verizons3
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: VRBMF1
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-09-19