Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Chipped s pen already

OP my_handle

9th February 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #11  
Flag Beckley, WV
Thanks Meter: 9

22 posts
More
My Spen has been chipped since after a week. The phone was built crappy IMO. Im careful with my stuff and my screen is scratched and there are a couple chips around the phone.
9th February 2013, 07:33 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

74 posts
Re: Chipped s pen already
Here is a better shot of the damage is just not right this device is expensive enough that they should use better materials

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360434791739.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1715971  
9th February 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #13  

74 posts
Im in the same boat I here ya! Samsung makes great products but cut cost on cheaper meterials I too have a small scratch on my screen and I was babying the crap out of it when I was cleaning with a micro fiber cloth my last 4 phones over the past 2 years had no screen protectors and rarely did I get a scratch and I was much rougher knowing in advance from other threads that the note 2 was using cheaper quality material to cut costs ... My question is why they're making billions not millions but billions ... It pisses me off ...I want a replacement pen I know the scratch on the screen is so small that a screen protector will hide it

9th February 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 228

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindtrust1

Here is a better shot of the damage is just not right this device is expensive enough that they should use better materials

I just sanded mine down and made it all white polished the plastic to make it almost match the rear cover. Good as new and no more 'chrome' chipping!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
12th February 2013, 04:19 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
is this a common issue? I'm considering getting either this phone or the DNA, and build quality is kind of a concern with the Samsung stuff. I hope this isn't indicative of sammy's overall quality here.
richii0207
12th February 2013, 05:32 AM   |  #16  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindtrust1

Then it would have probably been even more money

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 06:06 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_handle

Noticed my s pen is chipped. Not the part that you pull out on but the side that's flush with the phone. Anyone else have a pen that's chipping? Also would the store trade it for another since I just got it from the store on release day or do I need to contact Samsung? Attachment 1534801

Sent from my big ass Note 2

Did you chip it? If so, how did you do it?
12th February 2013, 06:36 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 228

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveye

is this a common issue? I'm considering getting either this phone or the DNA, and build quality is kind of a concern with the Samsung stuff. I hope this isn't indicative of sammy's overall quality here.

The plastic for the SPen is rather soft. So yes it is an issue, but it doesn't affect performance at all, and the phone itself doesn't have the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
12th February 2013, 11:22 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
More
I didn't notice it until I read this thread. Slight chipping here as well.
12th February 2013, 12:17 PM   |  #20  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 52

591 posts
More
Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some microscopic paint chip? Be glad that's the extent of your problems with this phone. Every phone is going to have its problems. Paint will naturally come off if suffers regular abrasion, either from sliding in and out of the phone or from us handling it. I'm just glad this phone doesn't have real problems like a poor radio or battery over heat.

Sent From My Gargantuan Note 2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guitarist5122 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread