Frequently asked Questions.
1. When will the JB Update roll out for my One X (insert CID and country/carrier here)
We don't know. XDA isn't HTC. Check to see if your CID has been updated here.If it isn't, too bad. Wait and stop bugging XDA DEVELOPERS and go look for XDA OEMS.
2. Can I change my CID ?
No. Not unless you have SuperCID.
3. Can we flash kernels (boot.img) via CWM ?
Not unless you have S-Off.
4. How do I check my phones CID ?
Easiest method I've used ; Download CID Getter from the Play Store (Pink Cupcake Icon). No need to mess around with Fastboot.
5. Why does my battery life suck ?
Use BetterBatteryStats and see what's causing your drain. Make sure you go through a few charge cycles before reporting, especially if you've just flashed a new ROM.
6. I bricked my One X...plzzzz hellppp 11!!1!11!
Read through this.
7. I have a problem with xxxxx ROM.
First, re read EVERYTHING in the specific ROM thread. Can't find your problem there ? Serach XDA. Still can't find it ? Read through the Q&A. Still can't find your problem ? Look for a similar thread and ask there ? STILL CAN'T FIND ONE ? Then post .
8 Must I go back to stock to get the JB OTA ?
Well, yes. But there are other methods which don't require you to go though all that trouble. Easiest thing is to flash a custom ROM .
9. Do I need to go back to stock to update my hboot ?
No. The easiest way is to use the JB Firmware Flasher here.
10. Once I update my hboot, can I use ANY JB Custom ROM ?
Yes, but only Sense based ones.
11. Can I go back to using ICS Custom ROMS AFTER updating my hboot ?
Yes, you can.
12. Can I use CM or AOSP based ROMS after updating my hboot ?
No, unless of coarse the said ROM supports it, which in this case, this being the only one in existence.
13. Should I update my phone to JB ?
It depends. Personal preference is the key here.
14. Can I update my phone's hboot if my CID isn't supported.
No. Stop right there. Just stop. Refer this thread and see if your CID is supported. If you still want to continue, you may as well throw your One X out of the window.
15. Will we ever get S-Off ?
We don't know.
16. Is xxxx ROM better than xxxx ROM ?
We don't know. If you like red but I tell you wear pink, would you like it ? No. So try it out so you will know what suits you better.
17. My One X has (insert HARDWARE related issue here) problem. What do I do ??? WHAT DO I DO ????
Send it in for repair. Period. Nothing much can be done by posting it here.
18. My One X has Yellow Spots on it's screen .
Now, this is a very good question. It's quite common and there are a few threads like this and this. Just to make it clear, it happens (mostly) due to overheating.
I will update these when I find more frequently asked question .