"SAFE MODE" for JB/CM10/PAC/PA & Stock JB ROMs

Search This thread

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Guys,

I found something, which you found or not already. Here is the Safe mode for Our Galaxy R mobile.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode

One of the lesser known, but potentially very useful new features in Android 4.1 and higher (aka Jelly Bean), is the option to boot your device into Safe Mode. This is a power-user feature which can help you to get rid of rogue apps and troubleshoot issues. Getting into Safe Mode is relatively easy, although the method can vary depending on what device you have and how the UI is set up.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode..?? [ For stock JB - which is not introduced for Galaxy R yet]

"The standard way to get into Safe Mode is to hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, then press and hold the power off option in the menu. This should lead to another dialog box asking you if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode..?? [ For CM10 & based on ROM over it]

"The standard way to get into Safe Mode is to hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, then press and hold the restart option in the menu. This should lead to another dialog box asking you if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.

safemode-png.jpg

If your UI doesn't deal with the power off options like this, or if you have an older device (which has somehow been updated to Jelly Bean), you can reboot and then hold the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time to enter Safe Mode. When in Safe Mode, the words "Safe Mode" will show at the bottom of the screen.

Why I need the safe mod..??

Safe Mode will cause your device to boot up, and load only the Android system, no 3rd-party apps. So, if you've had an app that is causing lots of troubles, this could make it much easier to remove the app. And, if you're having issues with your device this could also help figure out if the issue is due to a 3rd-party app or not.

5CT5OWjKalpac0LMpm2bWj
0FicXuLQhNUmczsIEoCLZ5

Last edited:

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Safe mode eliminates the app present in the app drawer..
but if you have an app shortcut on your home screen... you can use them..!!

venkatraman

Dec 31, 2011
I just read this article on phonearena.com..really useful feature, thanks for getting it to d notice of everyone in our forum:)

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

Hey Vikesh i m on PAC 18 mine not going to SAFE MODE through both options, in first option when we have to keep hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, but after holding power button after 9 sec my cell restarted .......... pls suggest......

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Hey Vikesh i m on PAC 18 mine not going to SAFE MODE through both options, in first option when we have to keep hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, but after holding power button after 9 sec my cell restarted .......... pls suggest......

Buddy you just need to hold it for 2 sec, the Shutdown menu will come. Then just keep on hold over restart tab. it will definitely show.:victory:

Reactions: sshinde555

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai

or may be PAC Rom doesnt have it....
coz its mentioned for CM in OP...

though PAC is based on cm too... this is my assumption..!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

I found something, which you found or not already. Here is the Safe mode for Our Galaxy R mobile.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode

One of the lesser known, but potentially very useful new features in Android 4.1 and higher (aka Jelly Bean), is the option to boot your device into Safe Mode. This is a power-user feature which can help you to get rid of rogue apps and troubleshoot issues. Getting into Safe Mode is relatively easy, although the method can vary depending on what device you have and how the UI is set up.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode..?? [ For stock JB - which is not introduced for Galaxy R yet]

"The standard way to get into Safe Mode is to hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, then press and hold the power off option in the menu. This should lead to another dialog box asking you if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.

How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode..?? [ For CM10 & based on ROM over it]

"The standard way to get into Safe Mode is to hold down the power button on your device until the shut down dialog box pops up, then press and hold the restart option in the menu. This should lead to another dialog box asking you if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.

safemode-png.jpg

If your UI doesn't deal with the power off options like this, or if you have an older device (which has somehow been updated to Jelly Bean), you can reboot and then hold the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time to enter Safe Mode. When in Safe Mode, the words "Safe Mode" will show at the bottom of the screen.

Why I need the safe mod..??

Safe Mode will cause your device to boot up, and load only the Android system, no 3rd-party apps. So, if you've had an app that is causing lots of troubles, this could make it much easier to remove the app. And, if you're having issues with your device this could also help figure out if the issue is due to a 3rd-party app or not.

5CT5OWjKalpac0LMpm2bWj
    0FicXuLQhNUmczsIEoCLZ5
    Sorry for being OFF Topic but which CM10 theme is it?? :rolleyes:

Its ok buddy. it is NEON color from this thread.->http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33724503&postcount=2

Buddy you just need to hold it for 2 sec, the Shutdown menu will come. Then just keep on hold over restart tab. it will definitely show.:victory: