Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i wanna root my sg3... is it worth it?

Tip us?

Shibby87
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Pry your GS3 from the iron grip of Verizon and ROOT!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bcurtiswx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've found the whole process to be confusing because there are a ton of things that you can do. I think no matter what (and please correct me if I am wrong) that you should root your phone. Do your research and make sure that you are confident on what needs to be done, because you don't want to end up with a brick.

Then you need to choose what type of changes you want to make to your phone. Each ROM will do something different.

I'm a Clockwork and Cyanogen person.

malo1m
Old
Thanks Meter 8
@ first I was very apprehensive about rooting my s3.
Now with All the tweaks I absolutely love my phone. I just keep finding new great tweaks. Xda forums really helps slot too. You must read read read again if you want smooth rooting experience

dems86
Old
Thanks Meter 175
The first thing I thought after finally rooting my s3 was... why the hell didn't I do this sooner!!!! I've become a flashaholic now I've never looked back.

pcar1947
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dems86 View Post
The first thing I thought after finally rooting my s3 was... why the hell didn't I do this sooner!!!! I've become a flashaholic now I've never looked back.

When i 1st rooted my thunderbolt i was apprehensive. I m now a full fledge flasholic n when i got my S3 i couldnt wait to root it. Speed, better battery life , backup capability free wifi tether are some of the benefits. My wife has an iphone 5 and she iz content 4 me it has to be a droid!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Chris123NT
Old
Thanks Meter 415
I was apprehensive at first, but I decided to take the plunge and root and I couldn't be happier. Especially with how fast AOSP roms are on the S3.
Current Phones:
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black (Daily driver)
Google Nexus 5
Moto X Dev

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition VZW - Bricked and samsung told me to go pound sand
Samsung Galaxy SIII VZW

goclimbarock14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Do your research so you fully understand how root works and how to do it then go for it. It opens a whole new world for those who like to tinker and always have the newest firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to goclimbarock14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
The first thing I do when I get a new device is root it before I do anything else with it.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

fizzyness
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
It is definatly worth it. I could not have imagined having any modern android smartphone without root. Galaxy S3 for sure because there are so many developers and options.

Travisholt92
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I rooted mine and my girlfriends from day 1