5,604,730 Members 32,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][VZW Edition] Add Wifi toggle to your status bar + more custom status bars LJB

Tip us?

suzook
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgamez View Post
I think the stock SystemUI is dark gray original color, it would be nice if it was black. Thanks for replaying back.
+1000....we need that ugly grey bar BLACK! I'm begging.

JustusIV
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Success for me....
why is the file like almost a meg smaller?

nexttonomy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
This worked perfect for me!

Thanks hairdewx!

byomes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thanks for you work ETA on the white status bar?

toprunner2786
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks it worked for me as well....not sure if this happened to everyone, but the phone locked up right after i replaced the apk file. A battery pull and reboot and everything is well and good. I would assume this is normal behavior since the actual touchwiz UI was replaced while it was running. Just to warn anyone who might freak out when things go wonky.

sleevasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwshows View Post
Works perfect thanks!

BTW in the Note 2 general forum, someone else is modifying system ui to take out the eGPS icon and battery icon. Would be cool to see you guys combine these so we can have both

Many many thanks to you my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the mod! Now if only we could get rid of that nag in the notification drawer.

I might have been the one you were talking about that was discussing removing the eGPS icon, and I was also able to remove the alarm icon using the same methods. I downloaded hairdewx's zip (with the added Wi-Fi toggle) and removed the alarm and eGPS icon from it for my own personal use, but I'd be happy to post the systemUI with combined mods if anyone wants it(and if I get permission from OP). I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm far from a developer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

kimdoocheol
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by toprunner2786 View Post
Thanks it worked for me as well....not sure if this happened to everyone, but the phone locked up right after i replaced the apk file. A battery pull and reboot and everything is well and good. I would assume this is normal behavior since the actual touchwiz UI was replaced while it was running. Just to warn anyone who might freak out when things go wonky.
You using ADB or root explorer? I replaced the file and the phone locked up, give it a minute and it will respond. I don't like pulling the battery unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, any chance of removing the stupid ongoing Wi-Fi off notification, or am I missing a setting here to toggle this?

R3define
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks! Works awesome. Also would love a black notification bar.
VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Unlocked
CM 11.0 KitKat

HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Motorola Bionic
Samsung Droid Charge
Droid X2
Droid X
Droid 2
Samsung Omnia

hairdewx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevasteve View Post
Thanks for the mod! Now if only we could get rid of that nag in the notification drawer.

I might have been the one you were talking about that was discussing removing the eGPS icon, and I was also able to remove the alarm icon using the same methods. I downloaded hairdewx's zip (with the added Wi-Fi toggle) and removed the alarm and eGPS icon from it for my own personal use, but I'd be happy to post the systemUI with combined mods if anyone wants it(and if I get permission from OP). I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm far from a developer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Sure post a like and I'll add it to the first post
See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx
The Following User Says Thank You to hairdewx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R3define
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Anyway to take some of those less used out of the Status Bar? Driving mode for example.
VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Unlocked
CM 11.0 KitKat

HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Motorola Bionic
Samsung Droid Charge
Droid X2
Droid X
Droid 2
Samsung Omnia