5,593,293 Members 32,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

Tip us?

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 414
If that doesnt work I would odin stock rom and factory reset. If that dont help then maybe time to replace the phone.

limpysmalls
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
If that doesnt work I would odin stock rom and factory reset. If that dont help then maybe time to replace the phone.
Should you really have to Odin a phone that has not been rooted or messed with in any way other than signing into your Google account and installing apps from the market? I know that bad devices go out so I am not holding it against Samsung or T-Mobile, I am just not going to put much more effort into this. If you are going to put an SD slot on a phone it better work.

The strange thing is it is just saying the Card has been removed, not actually removing the card. I was listening to music on the phone while working on my car today and the message "It is now safe to remove your SD Card was displaying in notifications for over 2 hours with the music from the card still playing. It may not be an issue at all since the card has always been available when I try to access it no matter what it might say in the notifications bar.

If this doesn't fix it I will be visiting my friends at the T-Mobile store to raise some hell because a refurbished phone will not cut it.

Fingers are crossed
The Following User Says Thank You to limpysmalls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Well, I'm just that way. I try everything possible before giving up. The only thing I can think of at this point is bad driver. If you get a replacement phone your going to have to set it up again anyways. FYI, my sd card reader just upped and quite working this week, and I got a replacement, and as far as I can tell, it's a new phone. Maybe it isn't, but cosmetically speaking, it looks perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevessvt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limpysmalls
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well it worked for an hour before acting up. Time for the un-fun part of this process.

In the past with my phones I would go the extra mile but with the cost of phones now I want some service to go with them from T-Mobile. The guy took for ever getting me the phone also. I was there 2 hours while he set up my account from Classic to value and was still not done when the movie I was there for was about to start. I went to the movie and came back and still had to wait another hour for them to finish everything so I could leave. I was about to just say screw it and not get a new phone. My SII was running great so I really didn't need the note 2, just wanted it.

I might go down there tonight to see what I can get done.

limpysmalls
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Of course it was acting fine when I went to the T-mobile store yesterday.

Now it is getting worse and saying the SD-Card is damaged no matter what card I put in.

Hope it keeps it up when I go down there today.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Vibrant
Kirf iPhone 3g
MyTouch Slide 3g
Motorola Cliq XT
Motorola Cliq

William_KM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung Galaxy Note II - Having the same issue with Micro SD CARD

Please let me know how your trip to T-Mobile went.

My wife and I bought a Samsung Note 2 last month and both of us bought and have installed a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 Micro SD.
Last week, within a day of each other, we started encountering the following EVERYTIME we use our phones:

SD CARD UNEXPECTEDLY REMOVED
REMOVING SD CARD
PREPARING SD CARD

It happens when we wake it up from being asleep, and randomly during using it.
I can't find any reason why it is doing this.
We have saved everything off of the SD Micro Cards, and reformatted, yet the same issue persist - have you found a solution yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to William_KM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limpysmalls
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have not found a solution yet. Decided to go see the Hobbit instead of hanging out at the T-Mobile store. It doesn't happen every time so showing it to the folks at the store could take awhile.

I have the exact thing happening. It seems to get better for an hour or 2 after a format but always comes back in the end. Going to try a few more things today.
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Vibrant
Kirf iPhone 3g
MyTouch Slide 3g
Motorola Cliq XT
Motorola Cliq

kpursuer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It seems the device corrupts certain kind/class of 32gb or above sd cards. I had similar issues and am fine with a 16 gb one for weeks now. I am surprised this issue has not trickled up and hasn't received much attention.

sent from my TmobileUS SGN2 using Tapatalk 2

iunlock
Old
(Last edited by iunlock; 19th December 2012 at 07:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Always Fat32 ..... Never do ExFat for phones.
Edit: This is true for older phones, but with the Note II, it supports exFat. Although the SIII is new, it will crap out or not even work with exFat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
How about card format? All fat32? Exfat?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

The opposite can be said for those (the majority) who love Touchwiz. IMO it is the most balanced UI for any phone. Great for beginners and great for geeks like most of us who love the flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpysmalls View Post
All fat32 for me. Phone is stock, holding out on root for awhile so I can learn why Touchwiz is so hated.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Never format ExFat .... Always Fat32.
Edit: This is true for older phones, but with the Note II, it supports exFat. Although the SIII is new, it will crap out or not even work with exFat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predation View Post
curious about this as well.
you guys not having problems, you format exfat??/ what is the difference between exfat and fat32?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

+2 !!!!

Formatted Fat32 before putting in the phone then formatted it again with the phone.

Cherry.

[QUOTE=Jerry D;35190326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocd View Post
I have a sandisk 64gb class 10 I havent had this problem as of yet...

+1
-T---Mobile- USA
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Jedi Elite V5 | Saber Kernal | Overclocked to 2.7GHz
SanDisk 64GB Class 10 | 96GB of Goodness.

+LTE

iPhone's for girls. Android's for Men.

OwenW71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
I asked this before, but it might be worth mentioning again. I noticed that nearly all of the cards affected are SanDisk. Has anyone seen this issue with a Samsung card?

Swyped from the closest Galaxy.
SGH-T889, rooted, CWM, debloated stock ROM
SGH-i897 build 1105, LANIGHT v6.5, Devil Kernel, Voodoo App (Backup)
HTC Aria CM7 (AT&T, sold)
HTC Wildfire(Bee) rooted, no ROMs (Alltel, sold)
HTC Touch Diamond CM 6.1 (WinMo, Alltel, sold)