OP WarlockLord

5th December 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joderme

Have you tried 1.5 R79 v5?

That is the only version that consistently worked with my VZW Gnex. Other versions installed and let me add cards, however, when it came time for the transaction they would scan but wouldn't go through.

I had the exact same symptoms when not using this version.

I can't get versions older than R79 to work at all on the Note 2... it won't get past adding account
5th December 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 44

24 posts
Any way you could post instructions on how to get it up and running? Maybe from there we could help. Thanks for the update though, this is great news.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
5th December 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

892 posts
The problem is trying to remember exactly what I did... haha....

I pulled the libs from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1956567

And pushed them to my note.

Changed build.prop to Galaxy Nexus

Then I installed R81 and added account and attempted to add card 3-4 times. Failed everytime.

On the last try it added the cards, but when I tried to select a card it told me I had to reset the wallet app. I noticed before I did this that it had already loaded secure element applet 2.0 (progress!!)

Reset the app but then it wouldn't let me add my account back.

Deleted everything from /data/data relating to the wallet app, deleted the app from /system/app and rebooted and cleared cache.

Reinstalled wallet but used R87 instead of R81. Added my account and cards with no problem. Controller applet still showed version 2.0

Went to CVS to test. The reader activated the wallet app, and told me it sent the payment but the cashier said nothing happened as far as a card number being transmissed.

Went across the street to Rite Aid to try again and their reader wouldn't even register with my phone.

That's where I am now.
The Following User Says Thank You to WarlockLord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #24  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1,695

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Right there as well. However mine doesnt even bring up the app or register it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
5th December 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

892 posts
I just read someone has it working on stock sprint. I'm trying to pull some files from that now to get it going
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WarlockLord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

892 posts
Success!! 2 transactions just worked at Cumberland farms
The Following User Says Thank You to WarlockLord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 44

24 posts
GUIDE PLEASE!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
5th December 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 273

451 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockLord

Success!! 2 transactions just worked at Cumberland farms

I was waiting for stock rom from OEM to be released to root but this might put me over the edge!
5th December 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member

892 posts
Attached are the files I used. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a custom recovery so far, I can't make this a flashable zip file (nor do I know how to)

Delete the existing Nfc.apk, Nfc.odex NfcTest.apk and NfcTest.odex files from /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the apk's from my zip file's "app" folder to /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the files from the "lib" folder to /system/lib and /system/lib/hw respectively and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the file from etc folder to /system/etc and fix permissions using root explorer

Make a backup of your build.prop file and push my build.prop file to /system and fix permissions (or you will boot loop)

Set up google wallet and add cards

Restore your original build.prop after everything is set up

PROFIT!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Note2Wallet.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.27 MB, 243 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WarlockLord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #30  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 42

1,458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockLord

Attached are the files I used. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a custom recovery so far, I can't make this a flashable zip file (nor do I know how to)

Delete the existing Nfc.apk, Nfc.odex NfcTest.apk and NfcTest.odex files from /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the apk's from my zip file's "app" folder to /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the files from the "lib" folder to /system/lib and /system/lib/hw respectively and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the file from etc folder to /system/etc and fix permissions using root explorer

Make a backup of your build.prop file and push my build.prop file to /system and fix permissions (or you will boot loop)

Set up google wallet and add cards

Restore your original build.prop after everything is set up

PROFIT!!

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread