[ROM] Ubuntu Touch [Mar-6-2014]
Better explaination of Ubuntu OS and how it relates to us.
Ubuntu OS currently run on top of an Android "shell". The android layer contains the boot.img(kernel/ramdisk), initd, vendor specific drivers etc.. This is what first boots then the ubuntu file system is loaded within this Android "shell". This is why we need flash two zips to have it working(Android and Ubuntu). Ubuntu uses CM10.1 repos for the Android shell portion of the OS. This still works for us as we had official cm 10.1, though development wasn't long lived before moving to 10.2.
There is an AOSP 4.4.2 branch Ubuntu is working on to maybe replace the CM based Android component, but it is currently less stable than the CM based. Hopefully the AOSP branch becomes more stable in the near future as the development for our device is active there.
Built from source using modified mako tree/kernel
Power key works to turn screen on and off after a reboot
1. Cannot seem to add account with numbers in the email. The back button is active under the keyboard and is activated when trying to switch to numerical keypad
To Import Google Contacts from computer terminal:
sudo -u phablet -i
syncevolution --configure --sync-property "firstname.lastname@example.org" --sync-property "password=secret" Google_Contacts
syncevolution --sync refresh-from-server Google_Contacts addressbook
2. Vol. Keys/Caps not working... doubt cap keys will be supported as the ui is made for not having them.
3. Wifi not remembered after reboot
4. Alarms don't work
Install from recovery:
1. Make your Nandroid to return to
2. Full Wipe
3. Install geeb zip
4. Install ubuntu zip - This is SLOW
5. Reboot and try - There is no boot animation so just be patient.. it boots
Ubuntu Touch change log
Don't Forget to hit the Thanks!