XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

64GB MicroSDXC working

Tip us?

gusbeto37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default 64GB MicroSDXC working

Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that 64GB MicroSDXC cards do work. I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WTAJTO/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

At first it will not work, but you must format it with the phone and it will work well. Reports 59.6 GB

Saludos,
Gustavo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gusbeto37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

an21281
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbeto37 View Post
Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that 64GB MicroSDXC cards do work. I bought this one

At first it will not work, but you must format it with the phone and it will work well. Reports 59.6 GB

Saludos,
Gustavo
Same here, works perfectly! No problems since I got it 5 days ago...

awmobjects
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by an21281 View Post
Same here, works perfectly! No problems since I got it 5 days ago...
Same here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

SturmenE36
Old
Thanks Meter 1
having tons of problems with mine; tried formatting in Windows (FAT32 with "guiformat.exe"), formatting in the device a few times...

Every time, when trying to copy stuff onto the card from my Windows machine, after a few GB the connection just drops...and then the card doesnt seem to work properly until re-format. Everything is *extremely* slow to respond, even to the point of screwing with explorer when I open "Computer" in Windows from the start menu...

Bad device? Bad card? PEBCAK?

itsdubai
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmenE36 View Post
having tons of problems with mine; tried formatting in Windows (FAT32 with "guiformat.exe"), formatting in the device a few times...

Every time, when trying to copy stuff onto the card from my Windows machine, after a few GB the connection just drops...and then the card doesnt seem to work properly until re-format. Everything is *extremely* slow to respond, even to the point of screwing with explorer when I open "Computer" in Windows from the start menu...

You probably got a dud. I would return it. Haven't had any problems like that here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to itsdubai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saulotas
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmenE36 View Post

Probably its a fake, do a google search about fake flash drives and memory cards and use the sugested program to test the card.
Warning, it will be slow.

Sent from my GS+ using ivendor's CM10 and xda premium
How to use Gtalk again.

We are the Enlightened, Resistance is Futile.

SturmenE36
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdubai View Post
You probably got a dud. I would return it. Haven't had any problems like that here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
believable- this is why I only buy Extreme Pro CF cards for my camera :P

alas...the Extreme Pro line stops at 16GB for the MicroSDXC line, (perhaps thats a hint at the difficulty of reliably making rad MicroSD cards?) and I'll be damned if I have an Android with less storage capacity than an iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulotas View Post
Probably its a fake, do a google search about fake flash drives and memory cards and use the sugested program to test the card.
Warning, it will be slow.
Doubtful...sold by Amazon.com LLC. I don't buy eBay shiest unless I can't find it on amazon or somewhere that either accepts google wallet or is within driving/shouting distance. Still though, I took your advice and downloaded H2testw and will run the test tonight.

Thanks for all the ideas guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to SturmenE36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gusbeto37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
That used to happen to me, got very frustrated because I could never copy things to my flash cards. Turns out the problem was my card reader. Try getting one of the USB ones that can actually read SDXC. I don't have one, so what I did is put it in the phone, then connect via USB to the computer in mass storage mode and it worked great.

macpro88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had the 64GB SDXC as well, it at first seemed to work, but don't be surprised if it stops working. Motorola, and I believe stock Android do not support SDXC yet. I have a somewhat detailed thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...b-vs-64gb.html

When I got my card, popped it in, it formatted correctly, and seemed to work fine. As I started to put it through its paces it started to just not work. On ICS when you used the Storage option to transfer media to the SD card, it would stop halfway through and throw out errors. Eventually certain apps would stop writing/seeing the card like backup apps etc..

Be careful going forward, and test it hardcore. Transfer files back and forth, I always had issues with movie files. See if Root Explorer or other explorer apps can see it, see if Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro/SMS Backup can see and write to the card.

And yes, I did not get a dud, its works in other non-Android devices and works and tests perfectly in multiple computers. Just be cautious.

SturmenE36
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
I had the 64GB SDXC as well, it at first seemed to work, but don't be surprised if it stops working. Motorola, and I believe stock Android do not support SDXC yet. I have a somewhat detailed thread here
These are all the same symptoms I'm having. Well, it looks like Motorola actually had testing and reasoning behind "supports up to 32GB" :-| That'll teach us to think we're smarter than the factory QA guys...

Still though, it's a little disappointing.