XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

64GB MicroSDXC working

Tip us?

macpro88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmenE36 View Post
These are all the same symptoms I'm having. Well, it looks like Motorola actually had testing and reasoning behind "supports up to 32GB" :-| That'll teach us to think we're smarter than the factory QA guys...

Still though, it's a little disappointing.
Indeed, some of the Sammy devices support the SDXC 64GB card, but I think that's baked into TouchWiz. Hopefully as SDXC gets more popular it will become supported by Android all together. It would be nice to have at least half of my music library on my car so I don't have to stream all the time lol.

auroraprime
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Confirmed working with a 64GB SDXC, works pretty well actually, now I'll never run out of space.

Scourge1024
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I bought 2 64GB micro SDXC cards. One for my Xoom and the other for my upcoming XT925. My Xoom was unable to format it so I used EaseUS Partition Master to format my 64GB cards as FAT32 partitions. So far so good...

cheetah2k
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I tried my sandisk SDXC 64Gb yesterday with no luck. It was formated to exFat though. I will try EaseUS tonight and try formatting it to Fat32.

Cheers

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k View Post
I tried my sandisk SDXC 64Gb yesterday with no luck. It was formated to exFat though. I will try EaseUS tonight and try formatting it to Fat32.

Cheers
I just got a 64gb micro sdcard, when I first put it in my phone it was exfat formatted, so my phone couldn't read it. Once I formatted the card with the fat32formatter (found online), it worked great. Good luck.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 160
I have a 64GB card. No issues.Took the card out of my Maxx.

rokr1292
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I bought a 64 sandisk sdxc class 10 and tried it in the phone. Didn't work. Formatted to fat32 with a partition program, still wouldn't work. Got fed up, deleted all the partitions, threw it in the phone and itr was recognized, but blank. Had the phone format it, and it works. Phenomenally actually. Haven't tested read/write, but I've filled it a few times over looking for problems and had none. Without looking I think I have just shy of 40 used on it right now.

kungpowchicken
Old
Thanks Meter 23
You'd think Motorola would say something about that.

Omoroca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got a 64gb sandisk class 10 and it's really buggy.
Forceclose/card disabled automaticly/cant see my files/Many lags.
So for me the xt925 is not compatible with it.

superbrowndude
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've been using mine for about a year now, it's been working flawlessly. I had to format in my phone the initial time I first used it.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
:Having a Fast Honda is like coming out the closet,you surprise everyone at first,but in the end your still gay:
Rogers X10 Wolfbreak/Razr XT910 Just Rooted 4now !