Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] enable soft keys, disable hard/capacitive keys

Tip us?

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] enable soft keys, disable hard/capacitive keys

this has been confirmed working on all the other carriers... I'm Sprint but it works on Verizon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032117

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinaldistic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wyatt57350
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wyatt57350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sleevasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Awesome, thanks for sharing. This really makes the spen more functional, having an easy to access home and back button, and the one click recent's button is the cherry on top. It would be nice to just have it pop up when you pull out the spen, but I still like the recent's and soft home button.

I'd like to eventually have a customizable nav bar, like in AOKP. On my S3, I turned my nav bar into my dock and had long press commands for each one as well, such as opening voicemail when long pressing home, composing message when long pressing messages, etc. You could also resize the bar so they didn't take up as much real estate.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing this. I'm loving all of these mods.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sleevasteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icedventimocha
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2982

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt57350 View Post
This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.
If you press the button on the pen you can use gestures to do all the things the keys do

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icedventimocha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justin94
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedventimocha View Post
If you press the button on the pen you can use gestures to do all the things the keys do

This and I'm pretty sure most people get the note for the bigger screen. Why waste precious space with nav bar? I do like the concept of just having it enabled when the s pen is pulled out. Probably a way to do it by modifying the page buddy to disable the hard keys and enable on screen soft keys.... Just a thought

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Koxu
Old
(Last edited by Koxu; 6th December 2012 at 08:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
So it works, but the home button + power does not do screenshots anymore.. Apparently it changed to the volume down + power??

Here it is though.. I plan on still keeping my hard keys active because I do like the menu function (personally)

EDIT: S-Pen will not take screenshot either????

justin94
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Will the palm swipe technique work

flascrnwrtr
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94 View Post
Will the palm swipe technique work

Yes, that's what I use.

cdmoore74
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94 View Post
This and I'm pretty sure most people get the note for the bigger screen. Why waste precious space with nav bar? I do like the concept of just having it enabled when the s pen is pulled out. Probably a way to do it by modifying the page buddy to disable the hard keys and enable on screen soft keys.... Just a thought

I second this as well. I would love to see the on screen buttons automatically appear and disable the hard keys when the S-Pen is pulled out and do the opposite when the S-Pen is placed back into the holder. Or maybe add a S-Pen shortcut to enable on screen navigation keys. Now that would be crazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdmoore74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LexusBrian400
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Anyone using this on beans3? I cannot get it to work for the life of me
Beesley on IRC

Follow me on Twitter - TheRealBeesley