E971-Rogers-Stock ROM 4.0.4 with Bloat Removed.
Hey all you Rogers LGOG fans,
The wait is over. We are releasing our carrier/bloat-free LGOG Stock 4.0.4 ROM. This ROM has a few other modifications as well, which you can find below however, this ROM is essentially stock, flashable, updateable to JB(Pending bootloader unlock retention) and bloat-free. This ROM is also rooted so you won't have to do it again. Below you will see my changelog and development notes. Before we start going flash happy, I would like to extend a warm thanks to Nottach for his "The Base ROM" on the AT&T variation of our device, which was used as a base for this ROM, as well as the entire Team Codefire for unlocking our bootloader and getting the first CMW on the device. Now the fun stuff:
WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGE, BRICKING or OTHERWISE IRREVERSIBLE CHANGES TO THEIR PHONES. YOU PROCEED NOW AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.
Brought to you by:
PART 1: Root and Unlock Bootloader
1. Visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
for Rooting instructions thanks to Bin4ry
2. Visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2007961
for Bootloader unlocking instructions thanks to Shelnutt2 and Team Codefire
PART 2: The ROM
1. Download our ROM and place it on the internal storage
2. Boot into recovery (Don't worry about wiping the aroma installer will do the hard work for you)
3. Make a BACKUP of your current ROM
4. flash our ROM and reboot (Make sure you flash from internal storage)
That's it! Now you're bloat and carrier free while still being able to enjoy all the features of stock.
Changelog - v1.0 (Based off of "The Base 0.6.5")
-Dec 5, 2012
- Deodex App Folder
- Includes unlocked Rogers Boot Image
- Nexus 4 Boot Animation
- Removed Shutdown Animation
- Silenced Boot / Shutdown
- Increased WiFi Scan Interval
-Dec 6, 2012
- Replaced the unlocked Rogers Boot Image with the original FreeGee unlocked Boot Image
None Reported Yet.
ROM - Will be back shortly - Just cleaning up code and testing the new build
Current Device: Moto X
Past Device: LG Optimus 2X P990, LG Optimus G, LG Nexus 4
Supported Devices: Moto X and HTC One XL