E971-Rogers-Stock ROM 4.0.4 with Bloat Removed.

6th December 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sudbury
Thanks Meter: 225

149 posts
More
Updated Zip
Seems the unlocked Rogers boot image is causing some grief - I didn't seem to run into this issue on mine. I flashed through CWM that came with freegee. I have updated the zip file with the original freegee unlocked boot image which should solve the problem. The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortly, I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShorelineDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #12  
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorelineDroid

Seems the unlocked Rogers boot image is causing some grief - I didn't seem to run into this issue on mine. I flashed through CWM that came with freegee. I have updated the zip file with the original freegee unlocked boot image which should solve the problem. The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortly, I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.

Ah, superb. It's 1am here where I am now and was getting worried about having to sleep before fixing this. :P Thanks for getting a fix out so fast, Shoreline! I'll let ya know if it fixes things.

EDIT: Does the link in the first post need to be changed? Or is it just uploading still?
Last edited by Zachariasmith; 6th December 2012 at 07:50 AM.
6th December 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sudbury
Thanks Meter: 225

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariasmith

Ah, superb. It's 1am here where I am now and was getting worried about having to sleep before fixing this. :P Thanks for getting a fix out so fast, Shoreline! I'll let ya know if it fixes things.

EDIT: Does the link in the first post need to be changed? Or is it just uploading still?

Sorry, having to deal with dropbox isn't always fun when it comes to uploading such a large file but it'd done and the thread has been updated. I hope this works as tested on my device.

Let me know how this goes for you folks!
6th December 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #14  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 87

409 posts
More
Quote:

let me know how and if you fixed your phone and ill do the same
my issue now is that i cant get the phone to reboot with the power button
Last edited by BloodBaron; 6th December 2012 at 06:04 PM.
6th December 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #15  
Flag Regina

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBaron

let me know how and if you fixed your phone and ill do the same
my issue now is that i cant get the phone to reboot with the power button

Hmm... I may be a while. It seems I can't even get into recovery now. I don't know how that happened since I could last night. Is there a way to push the phone into recovery mode by way of adb?
Crap, now I'm starting to actually get scared since I can't seem to get into anything.
Last edited by Zachariasmith; 6th December 2012 at 06:58 PM.
6th December 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #16  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
First off thank you for all your work! This is awesome!

I flashed the rom with TRWP and everything went smoothly, it reboots fine. However it doesn't appear to actually do anything. Everything on my phone is the same. Even the rogers bloat apps are still there. I put the zip on /sdcard and flashed from there.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
6th December 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #17  
Flag Winnipeg

409 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm... I may be a while. It seems I can't even get into recovery now. I don't know how that happened since I could last night. Is there a way to push the phone into recovery mode by way of adb?
Crap, now I'm starting to actually get scared since I can't seem to get into anything.

alright heres what i did

restored with kdz as per the unbrick thread
except when i reached lparam=95 it woot reboot into the bootloop
so when it did that i pressed the up and down volume button and it rebooted into download mode
still wsnt working
brought my phone into the rogers store
the guy plugged it in a power supply and he must have tried putting it in recovery because it went into the factory recovery menu and he was able to boot normally
all i lost really was root and unlocked bootloader

not sure why he was able to get it to work and i wasnt oh well
if u need help with the kdz let me know i am more than happy to help
6th December 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #18  
Flag Regina

32 posts
More
Quote:

alright heres what i did

restored with kdz as per the unbrick thread
except when i reached lparam=95 it woot reboot into the bootloop
so when it did that i pressed the up and down volume button and it rebooted into download mode
still wsnt working
brought my phone into the rogers store
the guy plugged it in a power supply and he must have tried putting it in recovery because it went into the factory recovery menu and he was able to boot normally
all i lost really was root and unlocked bootloader

not sure why he was able to get it to work and i wasnt oh well
if u need help with the kdz let me know i am more than happy to help

Haha, okay I was just about to give the kdz thing a go. I shouldn't have any problem with the taking it in to Rogers bit as I'm actually doing this at work right now. (I work as a Rogers rep. :P)
6th December 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #19  
Flag Winnipeg

409 posts
More
Quote:

Haha, okay I was just about to give the kdz thing a go. I shouldn't have any problem with the taking it in to Rogers bit as I'm actually doing this at work right now. (I work as a Rogers rep. :P)

bahaha awesome apparently you guys are wizards and touching my phone fixes it :P
6th December 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #20  
Flag Regina

32 posts
More
Quote:

bahaha awesome apparently you guys are wizards and touching my phone fixes it :P

Haha, yup. That's definitely happened to me before too. I'm just in the process of using the kzd tool. It gives me a runtime error right away though, but it doesn't seem to stop if I don't click it. I'm going to try letting it keep running and see what happens.

EDIT: Aaaaaand we're back! Up and running again but it looks like root is gone and bootloader is relocked as expected. Time to try again! :P
EDIT EDIT: Okay, I told myself I would stay away for a little bit after that scare and stay stock but I can't hold myself back. Flashing... rebooting... looks like its booting! Uh, yay?

Quote:

First off thank you for all your work! This is awesome!

I flashed the rom with TRWP and everything went smoothly, it reboots fine. However it doesn't appear to actually do anything. Everything on my phone is the same. Even the rogers bloat apps are still there. I put the zip on /sdcard and flashed from there.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

This is the same problem I'm having now. :/
Last edited by Zachariasmith; 6th December 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread