Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E971-Rogers-Stock ROM 4.0.4 with Bloat Removed.

Tip us?

ShorelineDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
I'm looking into this issue now with the code to see exactly what is going on and I'm also going to try a flash from reverted stock - I will also be updating the forum with a backpeddle procedure.
ShoreDroid
Current Device: Moto X
Past Device: LG Optimus 2X P990, LG Optimus G, LG Nexus 4
Supported Devices: Moto X and HTC One XL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShorelineDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dspot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Not sure why but this rom has bricked my phone twice.. I have been able to recover through the KDZ method only

BloodBaron
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspot View Post
Not sure why but this rom has bricked my phone twice.. I have been able to recover through the KDZ method only
yea i think the op is aware and hes looking into it
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11

Staz87
Old
Thanks Meter 21
So this is strange. Installed the rom, I see the new dock image, however the rogers apps (Rogers one, store, ringtones, etc) are still there. No circle ICS battery, still shows Rogers on lock screen as well as in the notification center.

Not sure whether this installed correctly.

geokilla
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staz87 View Post
So this is strange. Installed the rom, I see the new dock image, however the rogers apps (Rogers one, store, ringtones, etc) are still there. No circle ICS battery, still shows Rogers on lock screen as well as in the notification center.

Not sure whether this installed correctly.
It didn't.
LG Optimus G E971
ROM: Ported Korean Kit Kat by Paulicat

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

Google Nexus 7
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

ShorelineDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
Default Good to go.

Looks like it was code error when it came to partitioning because we used the same boot image as "The Base" - we've since re-written the updater scripts and aroma configs from scratch and are testing it now. I will be testing it both recoveries and from completely stock as well as already flashed to ensure it works no matter what you're coming from. Download link will be back up once testing and uploading are complete.
ShoreDroid
Current Device: Moto X
Past Device: LG Optimus 2X P990, LG Optimus G, LG Nexus 4
Supported Devices: Moto X and HTC One XL
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShorelineDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BloodBaron
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorelineDroid View Post
Looks like it was code error when it came to partitioning because we used the same boot image as "The Base" - we've since re-written the updater scripts and aroma configs from scratch and are testing it now. I will be testing it both recoveries and from completely stock as well as already flashed to ensure it works no matter what you're coming from. Download link will be back up once testing and uploading are complete.
quick question still version .6 of the base?
and thanks for your time as always
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11

brownsmell
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortl I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.
Looking forward to putting this on my phone since jellybean is not ready. Thanks for your work!

reflame
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the E971 but no rogers software. Is it because I never activated on the rogers network? Just curious.

solomon4400
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Thankyou so much for this guys. Im out here itching like a crackhead to flash a rom on this device lol. So excited
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 AKA BEST PHONE BUILT

IPHONE = 1 PENNEY < ANDROID = 100 DOLLAR BILL