Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 26 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [04/27/14][Aroma][MJ9] ☜★

OP BeansTown106

Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 26 is Now Live!!
6th December 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 377
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Only reason I might wait for clockwork is I like to make a full nandroid before I flash anything

You might be waiting a while.
6th December 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #22  
BeansTown106's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield, MA
Thanks Meter: 19,620
 
2,605 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

You might be waiting a while.

correct i have a feeling its gonna be a long wait.. sadly unless adam makes some serious progress with the bootloader
6th December 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
857 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Thanks Beans, looking forward to it!

Yeah it'd be nice to nandroid, but now that we have root, at least we can use titanium backup...and if anything ever messes up, just odin back to stock+root, or to Beans build when it's ready.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
6th December 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 377
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstown106

correct i have a feeling its gonna be a long wait.. sadly unless adam makes some serious progress with the bootloader

Yup. Definitely a bummer, but as long as we have devs like you making ROMS we can flash using Odin...it will keep me happy. BTW...any idea if we can make an Odin backup of our setup like we could on the s3? Or do we need an unlocked boot loader?
Last edited by suzook; 6th December 2012 at 03:28 PM.
6th December 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #25  
Shambala69's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Only reason I might wait for clockwork is I like to make a full nandroid before I flash anything

This is my first Samsung device so I can assume from this statement we cannot perform backups via Odin and have to wait for custom recovery? Suck!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
6th December 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644
 
892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Hey Beans,

Glad to see you're working on the Note 2, I loved your GS3 roms. Any way we can incorporate my google wallet fix into this? Especially with no CWM, would make things a lot easier for folks!
6th December 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 377
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambala69

This is my first Samsung device so I can assume from this statement we cannot perform backups via Odin and have to wait for custom recovery? Suck!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

It was possible on the s3
6th December 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag round lake
Thanks Meter: 62
 
304 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevasteve

Thanks Beans, looking forward to it!

Yeah it'd be nice to nandroid, but now that we have root, at least we can use titanium backup...and if anything ever messes up, just odin back to stock+root, or to Beans build when it's ready.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

The only thing I would miss would be the ability to flash without a computer if I was to screw something up while away from home. It was a handy feature on my Nexus but I rarely needed it. App wise titanium backup is worth the investment to recover apps when flashing new ROM's or if you run into problems.
6th December 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #29  
chayes627's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reisterstown
Thanks Meter: 24
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockLord

Hey Beans,

Glad to see you're working on the Note 2, I loved your GS3 roms. Any way we can incorporate my google wallet fix into this? Especially with no CWM, would make things a lot easier for folks!

Yes please! that would be awesome
6th December 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #30  
WishRyder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waukee, IA
Thanks Meter: 54
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstown106

having same problem mr robinson had when he first made our rooted image.. no wifi or radio.. but talking with him now should have resolved soon.. no matter what itll be up today.. worst case when he is out of work best case right after i read this pm lol

Does this mean I should STOP hitting refresh on the OP every 30 seconds?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes