Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Phone not allowed mm #6

6th December 2012, 09:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Ok I bought a galaxy s3 from craigslist worked for a couple days...then all of the sudden I try to make a call "phone has been blocked for network use" Is there a way to unlock this phone for tmobile and use on tmobile...been trying my solavei (tmobile) sim and phone will not activate on tmobile network.
6th December 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Florence, KY
Thanks Meter: 94

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqwest

Ok I bought a galaxy s3 from craigslist worked for a couple days...then all of the sudden I try to make a call "phone has been blocked for network use" Is there a way to unlock this phone for tmobile and use on tmobile...been trying my solavei (tmobile) sim and phone will not activate on tmobile network.

Sounds like they reported it stolen. Call at&t to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
6th December 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,308

28,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
6th December 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

101 posts
Seen this in a post earlier this week to unlock a gs3....so I tried it and it worked on mine... Dial *#197328460# then you get a menu.. Select the (1) utms > (1) debug screen > (8) phone control >(6) network lock > options (3) persosha256 off > then wait at least 30 seconds.... Then go back by pressing the menu button then select back and now you are in... Then select network lock again then choose (4) network lock initialize and wait at least one minute then reboot the phone.. I hope this helps u and others...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
7th December 2012, 04:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

38 posts
yeah I already tried theDial *#197328460# then you get a menu.. Select the (1) utms > (1) debug screen > (8) phone control >(6) network lock > options (3) persosha256 off > then wait at least 30 seconds.... Then go back by pressing the menu button then select back and now you are in... Then select network lock again then choose (4) network lock initialize and wait at least one minute then reboot the phone.. I hope this helps u and others...

I want to revert phone back to stock and then apply the unlock code that I purchased from ebay ...is there any way to undo the above unlock...as phone will not work with atat or tmobile sim card
7th December 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

101 posts
Pretty sure once the phone is unlocked its unlocked for good

7th December 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwood2121

Pretty sure once the phone is unlocked its unlocked for good

Ok I already used this code to unlock galaxy s3....i was using the s3(atat) model on tmobile ...and now i get this error that it cant connect to tmobile when I put an atat sim in it says locked form network
7th December 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

121 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Ok I already used this code to unlock galaxy s3....i was using the s3(atat) model on tmobile ...and now i get this error that it cant connect to tmobile when I put an atat sim in it says locked form network

Differing content in your posts... If it says blocked then post #2 is probably accurate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirkgbr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 42

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkgbr

Differing content in your posts... If it says blocked then post #2 is probably accurate.

A fix that worked for me was rooting and installing a new rom with new att modem
18th May 2013, 07:29 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyx513

A fix that worked for me was rooting and installing a new rom with new att modem

Do you remember which rom you installed? I tried about 5 different rom but no luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread