Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone not allowed mm #6

Tip us?

jqwest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone not allowed mm #6

Ok I bought a galaxy s3 from craigslist worked for a couple days...then all of the sudden I try to make a call "phone has been blocked for network use" Is there a way to unlock this phone for tmobile and use on tmobile...been trying my solavei (tmobile) sim and phone will not activate on tmobile network.

abteer
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqwest View Post
Ok I bought a galaxy s3 from craigslist worked for a couple days...then all of the sudden I try to make a call "phone has been blocked for network use" Is there a way to unlock this phone for tmobile and use on tmobile...been trying my solavei (tmobile) sim and phone will not activate on tmobile network.
Sounds like they reported it stolen. Call at&t to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,186

DONATE TO ME
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

vwood2121
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Seen this in a post earlier this week to unlock a gs3....so I tried it and it worked on mine... Dial *#197328460# then you get a menu.. Select the (1) utms > (1) debug screen > (8) phone control >(6) network lock > options (3) persosha256 off > then wait at least 30 seconds.... Then go back by pressing the menu button then select back and now you are in... Then select network lock again then choose (4) network lock initialize and wait at least one minute then reboot the phone.. I hope this helps u and others...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

jqwest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
yeah I already tried theDial *#197328460# then you get a menu.. Select the (1) utms > (1) debug screen > (8) phone control >(6) network lock > options (3) persosha256 off > then wait at least 30 seconds.... Then go back by pressing the menu button then select back and now you are in... Then select network lock again then choose (4) network lock initialize and wait at least one minute then reboot the phone.. I hope this helps u and others...

I want to revert phone back to stock and then apply the unlock code that I purchased from ebay ...is there any way to undo the above unlock...as phone will not work with atat or tmobile sim card

vwood2121
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Pretty sure once the phone is unlocked its unlocked for good

jqwest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwood2121 View Post
Pretty sure once the phone is unlocked its unlocked for good

Ok I already used this code to unlock galaxy s3....i was using the s3(atat) model on tmobile ...and now i get this error that it cant connect to tmobile when I put an atat sim in it says locked form network

kirkgbr
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Quote:
Ok I already used this code to unlock galaxy s3....i was using the s3(atat) model on tmobile ...and now i get this error that it cant connect to tmobile when I put an atat sim in it says locked form network

Differing content in your posts... If it says blocked then post #2 is probably accurate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirkgbr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadyx513
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkgbr View Post
Differing content in your posts... If it says blocked then post #2 is probably accurate.

A fix that worked for me was rooting and installing a new rom with new att modem
GPE HTC M8 -or- RED Nexus 5 & 2012 Nexus 7

fez_87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyx513 View Post
A fix that worked for me was rooting and installing a new rom with new att modem

Do you remember which rom you installed? I tried about 5 different rom but no luck.