Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC J butterfly testdevice 1.10.970.3 system&kernel&cidblock dumpfile

Tip us?
 
fnoji111
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 83
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miyagi Prefecture,Sendai City,JP
Smile HTC J butterfly testdevice 1.10.970.3 system&kernel&cidblock dumpfile

Hi.
HTC J Butterfly testdevice 1.10.970.3 system/kernel/cidblock(mmcblk0p5) dumpfile

DLX_WLJ_JB_45_KDDI_JP_1.10.970.3_system_kernel_cid block_dump.rar

http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/


Please use it if you like.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fnoji111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
samusx
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hi, I went to the link you posted and on that page there was a link to an unlock guide for the J Butterfly.
I'm not to knowledgeable about this kind of thing but looking through both the unlock guides they seem identical.

Can someone confirm that the unlock technique and guides for the DNA and the J Butterfly are the same?

Here is the link for the J Butterfly unlock guide (they even say it is borrowed from the DNA guide)
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012d...deluxe_j/root/

Here is the link for the Droid DNA unlock guide.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34583031

Any help would be appreciated because I tend on getting this phone in the next few days and would like to unlock/root and hopefully backup my phones ROM so I can start playing around.

Thank you.
 
samusx
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Feb 2011
Sorry to bump this but I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight. Please.
 
Sality
Old
#4  
Sality's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 22
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kiev
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusx View Post

Can someone confirm that the unlock technique and guides for the DNA and the J Butterfly are the same?



Thank you.
One problem, HTC J Butterfly are locked to japanese operator. So u wont be able to use it in other country then Japan.
 
samusx
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Feb 2011
I don't care if I can only use it in Japan. I just want to be able to root and be able to backup my rom and install custom roms and mods. ^_^
 
SharpIS03
Old
#6  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusx View Post
Sorry to bump this but I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight. Please.
I bought the Butterfly today, and will be trying this method out. I'll post the results when I can...it's already 1:30 am though...HMMM.
 
SharpIS03
Old
#7  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusx View Post
Hi, I went to the link you posted and on that page there was a link to an unlock guide for the J Butterfly.
I'm not to knowledgeable about this kind of thing but looking through both the unlock guides they seem identical.

Can someone confirm that the unlock technique and guides for the DNA and the J Butterfly are the same?

Here is the link for the J Butterfly unlock guide (they even say it is borrowed from the DNA guide)
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012d...deluxe_j/root/

Here is the link for the Droid DNA unlock guide.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34583031

Any help would be appreciated because I tend on getting this phone in the next few days and would like to unlock/root and hopefully backup my phones ROM so I can start playing around.

Thank you.
Well, just tried the DNA method and ran into an error. The guy (jcase) behind the DNA unlock looked into it for a short while and will hopefully figure it out. Until then, looks like we're stuck. In that Japanese link, it seems like they got it to work...but I'm not so sure, so I left a comment and maybe that will bring up something.
 
tiltyu
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tokyo
That method above didn't work for me either

got into stuck as others did when I tried to write mmcblk0p5

dd if=/sdcard/CIDBLOCK.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: cannot open for write: Permission denied
Xperia feat. HATSUNE MIKU
Xperia Z C6603
 
samusx
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Feb 2011
Can I ask where you guys got your J butterflies?
I live in Osaka and they are not on sale here yet.
 
tiltyu
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusx View Post
Can I ask where you guys got your J butterflies?
I live in Osaka and they are not on sale here yet.
Yodobashi Akiba
Xperia feat. HATSUNE MIKU
Xperia Z C6603

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more