5,594,386 Members 35,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tool] Official flash tool for unlocked Xperia devices (beta)

Tip us?

KalleD
Old
Sony Mobile Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Default [Tool] Official flash tool for unlocked Xperia devices (beta)

Hi devs,

Today we have released a beta version of our new flash tool for Xperia devices. With this tool, you can flash standard Sony software on you Xperia™ smartphone with an unlocked boot loader. This is the first time we provide a way to go from a custom ROM to a Sony software, for those of you who would like that. Note that the boot loader still stays unlocked, and just like before the warranty may still be voided.

Since this is a beta version, only a limited number of phone models and software versions are supported to start with, but we plan to add support for more models going forward.

We are really eager to hear what you think about this initiative. Is this a useful service? And what phone models and software would you like to see support for in the future? Please share your opinion in this thread!

Read more on Developer World!

/Karl-Johan “Kalle” Dahlström
Sony Developer Program
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to KalleD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metalrawk
Old
Thanks Meter 120
A big and great step. hope other manufacturers learn something from this.
these are the reasons why I never bought a single phone other than Sony Ericsson, There was always a lot to mod/customize even in feature phones
Please don't use HUGE signatures.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalrawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

papayayoghurt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 641

DONATE TO ME
How to get this to work if you unlocked the Bootloader using Testpoint Method?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Arc S mit Tapatalk 2

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2254
How is this different to the original Flashtool, SEUS or PC Companion? I'd much prefer to see Sony provide an easier way to root a stock ROM than another form of what's already available.

Sent from myushi
X10 -|- ARC -|- RAY -|- Z -|- Z1 COMPACT
Why prefix thread titles with a [Q] but not post in Q&A

Do XDA a favour and type your "how to -insert mod here" into Google before starting new threads.

Gilg@mesh
Old
Thanks Meter 257
I don't own any Sony phone (read this on Swedroid) but it should be possible to get the bootloader locked again...

www.garaget.org/Gilgamesh

Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog REALLY is

fakhrulfaris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow thats cool....eventhough im using stock rom right now, but this tool can make me safe if anything gone pissoff on my custom rom... Now i can install other rom without worrying cannot get stock rom officialy back....waiting for my devices to be available soon
| Current Smartphone: Sony XPERIA sola | 1 Ghz Dual-Core STE U8500 | Mali-400 GPU |
| Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 | Ice-Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 | AnTuTu Benchmark: 6878 | NenaMark2: 32+ fps |

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
How is this different to the original Flashtool, SEUS or PC Companion? I'd much prefer to see Sony provide an easier way to root a stock ROM than another form of what's already available.

Sent from myushi
It looks like "flashtool" on XDA requires you to have a firmware package. This sony "flash tool" will download the firmware for you. (This is the disadvantage of using such generic software names. ) It looks kind of similar to Samsung Kies, except unlike Kies, it's specifically able to return a modified device to stock, whereas Kies becomes useless if the phone has had any changes made from stock firmware (even, in the case of the Infuse, if Samsung pulls an official update due to issue reports - anyone who accepted the pulled update was unable to update to the final version of Gingerbread for a LONG time.)

Not familiar with SEUS or PC Companion - are those officially released to the public, or just "internal" tools that have made their way out (like Samsung Odin)?
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr_Bartek
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Stripped down Emma, very good.

However, the Developer World domain has old FWs. Hopefully that gets sorted soon!
Phone: HTC One HBoot: 1.44.0000 Security: OFF
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bartek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Equama
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Thumbs up Cool

wow.a very good step.hope you guys will add more device option.
Sony Xperia™ U>GB-ROCKS

Google Nexus S (SHW-M200K)>Jellybam Rom

Samsung Galaxy SII>Neat Rom Lite JB

Symphony Xplorer W125>MIUI V5

ChavitoArg
Old
(Last edited by ChavitoArg; 6th December 2012 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 567
Why dont u work together with the original "Flashtool of xda"? They have made a really good and multiplatform tool since 2010, was originaly for the x10 and now is for almost all xperia devices, is a lot of effort and you come here and release almost the same thing. You should provide your server for them, dont take me wrong and please consider it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Sent from myushi
It looks like "flashtool" on XDA requires you to have a firmware package. This sony "flash tool" will download the firmware for you. (This is the disadvantage of using such generic software names. ) It looks kind of similar to Samsung Kies, except unlike Kies, it's specifically able to return a modified device to stock, whereas Kies becomes useless if the phone has had any changes made from stock firmware (even, in the case of the Infuse, if Samsung pulls an official update due to issue reports - anyone who accepted the pulled update was unable to update to the final version of Gingerbread for a LONG time.)

Not familiar with SEUS or PC Companion - are those officially released to the public, or just "internal" tools that have made their way out (like Samsung Odin)?
SEUS is sony ericsson update service, now is called SUS (just sony) and PC Companion is the same thing but more featured, they are both official sony product released to public, SUS is just older but both online and working (:

The odin equivalent is EMMA, but is sony internal soft, no public acces chance ^^

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando XDA Premium HD app
Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)

Previous devices:
Galaxy S2, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia X10 Mini.