Welcome to Team Kernalizers's SPRINT Thread. This thread will attempt to teach you and show you how to maximize the performance and battery life of your GS3 running the KT747 kernel by Ktoonsez.
In this thread, you will learn everything you need to know about Governors, I/O Schedulers, Underclocking (UC), Overclocking (OC), Undervolting (UV) and the KTweaker application. We will also provide you with pre-configured tweaks to use.
This is a friendly support community. You can post your benchmarks, battery stats, feedback and settings. We will also help troubleshoot any problems that you may encounter while using this kernel and our tweak packages.
Please consider these rules before using this thread:
1. Follow XDA Forum rules (http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=1712)
2. There will be NO FLAMING, NO SPAMMING, NO HARRASMENT of any kind. These will not be tolerated. You have been warned!
3. Search the thread first before asking questions. Most likely, your question may have been answered already.
4. If you are stuck and need help, DO NOT post comments like "this is not working". It will be ignored. You must provide necessary information like ROM Type (AOSP/TW), Kernel Version, OC, UV ...etc. You get the picture. The more you provide the better we can help
5. Please allow time for the team to find an answer if we can’t figure it out we know enough people to help us out finding a answer thank you
6. Be Patient We have our own personal lives outside of here. Allow the team some time to find answers. We will do our best to help.
7. If you post screenshots, you are allowed a maximum of 3 screenshots.
8. Keep posts/threads on-topic
By post in this thread, you are agreeing to the above rules.
- TexasEpic4G for awesome banners he makes for us!!!!!
AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144004
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032956
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207286
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201555
USCELLULAR Samsung Galaxy SIII:
ktoonsez - For giving us this amazing kernel and the plethora of options available with it. His thread his here Make sure to thank him!
All of the Team Kernelizers members for their tweaks and dedication and help
All of the testers, and followers
All of the ROM developers out there for making our phones fun to use
And of course our Friendly Forum Moderator:
Team Kernalizers members, Ktoonsez, and ROM developers are not responsible for bricked devices or any other device issues you experience as a result of using information in this thread.
Every phone is different, especially since it was found that we have slow, nominal, and fast variations.
Tweaks provided are extremely experimental and should be avoided by beginners and people who have important responsibilities tied to the usage of their phone.
You Have Been Warned: Use of any information, tweaks and applications in this thread at your own risk. You assume full responsibility for your own actions.
All of our TK bin files will be available here:
From Phone: https://m.box.com/s/5hazifi3odci94uyykws/1/698338185
From PC: https://www.box.com/shared/5hazifi3odci94uyykws
Huge thanks to MorphiousGX for our live report form. Please report battery usages at these links.
We will use this information to help make better adjustments to our tweaks. It will collect the necessary information to make sure people compare apples to apples*
You can also view results after you submit, and filter on any of the questions asked (i.e. Tweaker's name, governor, release date..etc).
The form can be found here*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-uz...3jPpg/viewform
The results can be viewed here*https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing
If you have any feedback (good or bad) please feel free to let MorphiousGX know he maintains it and you all should thank him.
- Bin File Rename
- Individual renaming of the following bin Files for battery savings:
- Renames bin files with .bak
- Bin File Restore
- Individual restoring of the following bin files:
- Restores bin files to their original state.
- KT747 Bootanimation Fix:
- Use only if bootanimation is broken. Usually occurs on TW Roms.
- Team Kernelizers TouchWiz Build Prop Tweaks
- Team Kernelizers AOSP Build Prop Tweaks
- Restore of Original TouchWiz Build Prop
- Restore of Original AOSP Build Prop
You now have access to all Team Kernelizers Contest Splash Screens in one zip!
1st Place Splash Screen:
2nd Place Splash Screen:
3rd Place Splash Screen:
4th Place Splash Screen:
5th Place Splash Screen:
6th Place Splash Screen:
7th Place Splash Screen:
8th Place Splash Screen:
9th Place Splash Screen:
10th Place Splash Screen:
11th Place Splash Screen:
Stock Splash Screen: Reverts to Original Splash Screen.
- Edgehood for answering all my questions about Aroma! Thanks buddy!
- steelers_exe for his awesome splash screen for Aroma Installer.
- RErick for his build prop updater script & for providing Splash Screen zips.
- mw86 for his build prop tweaks.
- GMan for testing and helping me. Also for providing mirrors!
- decimalman for making the build prop script work!
- Ktoonsez for such a awesome Kernel and inspiring us to do what we do.
- Everyone who helped with testing!
- Team Kernelizers for being so damn awesome!
Splash Screens will only work on TouchWiz
Working on finding out the cause of these issues. Please report bugs in either of the Team Kernelizers threads.
This is still in Beta, more is yet to come!!!!!!
2. Flash kernel using your preferred recovery
3. Do the following AFTER installing the kernel and BEFORE you reboot your phone:
a. Clear cache
b. Clear dalvik
c. Fix Permissions
4. Reboot your device.
(can be used with AOSP too)
There are some files on your TouchWiz phone that need to be renamed in order to maximize the battery life of your phone. There has been some debate on whether or not this is necessary, but for now we would recommend renaming these files to ensure that there is no chance of excessive battery drain.
These steps are only necessary on TouchWiz ROMs, however you can also do this on AOSP as well:
1. You must have ROOT. You will need to have a root enabled file explorer on your phone (ES File Explorer works very well and you can get it from the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=en). When you get it, open it up and go the the settings and scroll all the way down until you see the Root Settings. Go in there and enable ALL of the root settings.
2. After that is done, navigate to your root folders using the Folder Up icon at the top. Once you are in your root folders, navigate to /system/bin and locate the following files. You will need to rename them with a ".bak" at the end of the filename
gsiff_daemon --> gsiff_daemon.bak
mpdecision --> mpdecison.bak
qosmgr --> qosmgr.bak
smd --> smd.bak
smdexe --> smdexe.bak
Renaming these files will not harm your phone. Many users rename these files every time they flash a rom, and no damge is done.
Also, some ROMs come with these files renamed or deleted entirely, so if you don’t find a file, don’t be alarmed.
You have to do this every time you flash the ROM and/or Kernel.
If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can use the TK-MOD (see Downloads section) and it will handle this for you.
Stopping mpdecision from being called:
1. Open terminal emulator and type the following code:
2. When terminal emulator asks for root permission hit 'Grant' or 'Allow'.
3. At the # prompt type:
Using Rom Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iberty.toolbox) we will make a script that will stop mpdecision from being called at each boot so you don't need to use terminal emulator each time
1. Open Rom Toolbox and scroll down to the Scripter option
2. In the scripter, click the “+” button in the top right corner, then select 'Create'
3. Type a name for our new script, lets call it “stop mpdecision”
4. In the commands enter the following text:
5. Hit the disk icon to save it
6. Select the script that you just created and a dialog box should pop up, select set at boot
Were done here
When coming from a 3.0 Kernel to a 3.4 Kernel there is a new method with kernel updates. Skipping these steps will cause phone instability, due to some bad data left behind. This is a flaw in the Android OS, not the application. You must follow the instructions below (Thanks ktoonzs for the new method of the ktweaker app)
1. Go to Settings on the phone
2. Go to app manager then all apps
3. Scroll down to ktweaker app n open it
4. Once open hit FORCE STOP and then hit CLEAR DATA
5. Reboot and flash your new update of ktoonzs kernel
6. Repeat steps 1-4 in the above “General Installation” section
You should be good to go after that
- Rescan Media Root (click link on phone and be sure to select launch link with play store)
- Kill Media Server (thanks for the link Jcdominguez)
- Lux Auto Brightness (set brightness lower than stock minimum brightness on any rom)
- Rom Toolbox Lite by Jrummy
- Build Prop Editor free by Rom Toolbox maker Jrummy
- Swipe Pad (thanks Naddict) make a easy to launch multitask launcher from anywhere a shortcut to Developer Options (great for aosp Hwoverlay)
- Known Wakelocks thread (Thanks T. J. Bender)
- DS Battery Saver Pro (manage radios like juice defender with less overhead) (thanks for the link AdamDelozier)
- Battery Review Thread including extended batteries (Thanks Rlatjs17)
- Fast Reboot (closes/restarts apps and services similar to rebooting without a reboot)
- Better Batter Stats (track all forms of wake locks) (Thanks Sven Knispel)
- Carat (track and discover battery drain prone apps)
- Seeder 2.0.0b1 (Thanks Lambgx02)
- Cpu Spy (check used mhz and deep sleep usage) (Thanks Brandon Valosek)
- Universal Initd Support APK (Thanks RyuInferno) (enable check for initd support)
- Lag Fix(fs-trim) (use trim to trim blocks labeled deleted from storage where blocks are still full) (thanks AuxLV)
- CrossBreeder Combo MOD (combines three discussed entropy lag/lockup tweaks)
- Flashable Recoveries (please thank Naddict for this amazing resource)
- If you flashed the KT747 kernel separate from your ROMs installer, you can enable the boot animations by following the directions in this thread:
- This is a link to the Better Battery Stats thread. This app is only free to XDA members, but I strongly encourage you to donate. And please hit the thanks button while you are there.
- Schedulers and Governors explained:
I've been following along and will be so bold as to put in my two cents worth. I am a general/vascular surgeon. I got into Android because I was pissed off about a tablet I had that Toshiba wouldn't update. That lead me to y'all in time. I cannot say enough about how much respect I have for the Android and XDA development community. You truely "stick it to the man" while making the platform better.
I have been following the events related to Exit_Only and can say that while I have a hard time understanding the details of what is evolving I do understand that he, as well as all of you on the TK team, have helped me and my ability to communicate with my patients and my colleagues using a phone that does a lot more than its manufacturers or carrier would have it do.
We have "kanging" in medicine too. As a matter of fact it is written into the Hippocratic Oath IMO. What we do not tolerate in medicine is claiming credit for another doctor's work, although we are free to use it to benefit our patients as long as we do not claim glory for ourselves.
Kudos to EO for defending his hard work and kudos to all the rest of y'all for rising to his defense. I would be proud to support a TK website if that is the direction you wish to go in. I only wish I was more knowledgeable and could contribute in a more technical way. With your help I will get there.
I'm sorry if I am off topic but I had to speak.