5,594,282 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

Tip us?

Frostacious
Old
(Last edited by Frostacious; 14th February 2013 at 01:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Default Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

Ive just recieved the flow beta 4.0.0.99 and wanted to share the love. Please post your honest opinions and bugs about this app as i am also curious to know everyones feedback.

Smartphone http://bit.ly/skflowbeta4
Tablet http://bit.ly/skflowbetatab4

Enjoy and dont forget to +1
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostacious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m20120
Old
Thanks Meter 224
I am giving it a try but I still think Swype is better. There is a big thread on the beta over here.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III (Rooted Stock LJ7)
Retired: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G
<--- Did I help you? Click Thanks!

critofur
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet

ajerkdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur View Post
Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet
Loving this so far... the initial dictionary downloads were slow this morning, I suspect they were swamped!

gtuansdiamm
Old
Thanks Meter 469
I switched back to Swype
They could not get even a third if my swiped words plus the keyboards extra colors look to unnatural to me
It just doesn't flow well together

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Why save the world when you can drop Axis

Cluefree
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Trying it now... And.. I think I like it! I'll have to give it a few days and see how it fares! I've been having a few issues with swype since jb (the failure to auto space in browser boxes... Grrr), so this could become my new input-er of choice

Thanks, Frost...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

ThisIsDanial@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You can also get it from the site lol o_O

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

Cluefree
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hmmm i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?

m20120
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluefree View Post
Hmmm i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?
That is by design. Flow is not used in any text entry box where the app provides auto complete.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III (Rooted Stock LJ7)
Retired: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G
<--- Did I help you? Click Thanks!

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: Droidkang v19
Kernel: ElementalX 0.34

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10

The Following User Says Thank You to akarol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]