Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

6th December 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio Grande Valley, TX
Thanks Meter: 111

697 posts
More
Ive just recieved the flow beta 4.0.0.99 and wanted to share the love. Please post your honest opinions and bugs about this app as i am also curious to know everyones feedback.

Smartphone http://bit.ly/skflowbeta4
Tablet http://bit.ly/skflowbetatab4

Enjoy and dont forget to +1
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Last edited by Frostacious; 14th February 2013 at 01:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostacious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 226

770 posts
More
I am giving it a try but I still think Swype is better. There is a big thread on the beta over here.
6th December 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag NYC/Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 35

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet
6th December 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur

Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet

Loving this so far... the initial dictionary downloads were slow this morning, I suspect they were swamped!
6th December 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 473

2,929 posts
More
I switched back to Swype
They could not get even a third if my swiped words plus the keyboards extra colors look to unnatural to me
It just doesn't flow well together

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
7th December 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 33

163 posts
Trying it now... And.. I think I like it! I'll have to give it a few days and see how it fares! I've been having a few issues with swype since jb (the failure to auto space in browser boxes... Grrr), so this could become my new input-er of choice

Thanks, Frost...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
7th December 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #7  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 11

52 posts
More
You can also get it from the site lol o_O

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/
7th December 2012, 11:46 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 33

163 posts
Hmmm i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?

7th December 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #9  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 226

770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluefree

Hmmm i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?

That is by design. Flow is not used in any text entry box where the app provides auto complete.

7th December 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #10  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 251

2,008 posts
More
Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!

The Following User Says Thank You to akarol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank