Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

OP Frostacious

7th December 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 35

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol

Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!

It's all personal preference. I, for one, prefer Swype over SwiftKey. I do like SwiftKeys auto-correct and prediction more, but I've just gotten so use to Swype that I can type a message faster even with all that stuff SwiftKey has on Swype. Flow has just begun beta.. maybe when they get all bugs worked out I'll be able to make the switch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
7th December 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godbilla

It's all personal preference. I, for one, prefer Swype over SwiftKey. I do like SwiftKeys auto-correct and prediction more, but I've just gotten so use to Swype that I can type a message faster even with all that stuff SwiftKey has on Swype. Flow has just begun beta.. maybe when they get all bugs worked out I'll be able to make the switch.

Yeah, it's all about personal preference. I've never liked swype and the keyboard app that comes with the phone. I've always used SwiftKey and loved it. I might just have to try the flow version of Swiftkey.
7th December 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #13  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 48

364 posts
More
I believe that it uses the SwiftKey dictionary that was learned with the regular app.. Because it is predicting everything like normal but just with flow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
7th December 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #14  

33 posts
Just tried the beta, I'm just not a flow person.
7th December 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #15  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 48

364 posts
More
You can use it just like regular SwiftKey

7th December 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #16  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 205

835 posts
More
Yes, it's all personal preference, but when it comes to text prediction, SwiftKey wins by a country mile.

Sent from my SGS3!
8th December 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio Grande Valley, TX
Thanks Meter: 111

698 posts
More
Well ive been using this I have to say swype pisses me off with one thing only which is when you are choosing numbers there is no period at the bottom but a comma. It's annoying because I have to go back and forth between numbers and go back to put the periods. And of course the auto prediction on this thing is amazing.

8th December 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #18  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 33

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur

Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet

I didn't like this too but found out you don't have to go back to insert the punctuation before the space just insert it afterwards and it will auto correct to before the space.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbiter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #19  
HOUSTON TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 607

2,032 posts
I do not like this flow version of any SwiftKey. Well accept it is better at button mashing than Swype. Word accuracy when swiping sucks so bad compared to Swype.

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.
The Following User Says Thank You to hayabusa1300cc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #20  
Flag Idaho

48 posts
More
I'm absolutely loving flow. To me, it's the same SwiftKey that I have always loved, but with swype added. I really like how it shows you what the outcome of your swype is going to be without having to release and see what you're result is going to be.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread