Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

Tip us?

tdwp16
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Is there a way to add words?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

died4u525
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwp16 View Post
Is there a way to add words?

I'm pretty sure you still have to tap the word in and it will be saved in Swiftkey's dictionary which is the way Swiftkey has always been. You may also have to tap the completed word in the word suggestion bar at the top of the keyboard or else it may auto correct the word to something you didn't intend.

Sent from my JellyBombed Sprint SGSIII via Tapatalk

falconator
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I miss the "swipe the keyboard leftish" to delete the last word, since now it thinks I'm trying to spell something

adio01
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!
That must be me then. I tried this out for a day or so and it doesn't predict nearly as well as swype. Also you cant swipe in certain text areas like the browser search bar which annoyed me. Their new method which allows you to keep swiping is overrated if your doing a lengthier sentence. You will usually get 4-5 words in then it doesn't know what word you typed you lose the whole sentence for some reason. Lame. Swype is still the best IMO

CyberGmonster
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Hmmm... Just tested the flow version and I really like it I always wished there was an option for swipe typing with swift key and it look someone was thinking the same.

EndlessDissent
Old
Thanks Meter 962

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconator View Post
I miss the "swipe the keyboard leftish" to delete the last word, since now it thinks I'm trying to spell something
That is kind of annoying, but I've noticed that the backspace key seems a little faster than before, so that helps a little.

Frostacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
I'm loving this preprediction with the word coming from the center top of the app. Please hq

cnstarz
Old
Thanks Meter 596
been using flow since it was released and have to say that im not too impressed with swiping predictions. words that have repeating letters are incredibly difficult to type. for example, "too", "fool", "poop", etc etc. i haven't even figured out how to swipe the word "too". drawing a little loop on the letter "o" doesn't do anything.

Cluefree
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I agree...the keyboard seems good...but the "flow" predictions are very weak compared to Swype...Maybe it just can't handle my lousy "swyping"...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

dwrdbg
Old
Thanks Meter 13
This is hands down the best keyboard I have ever tried and swiftkey 3 is one of the only apps I have purchased from the play store. I hope I won't have to buy this app as well when it comes out of beta and the license will carry over...

However, this application should implement some form of swipe to delete words function like swiftkey 3.