No registration required

[CSC features] * 10 Jan'13 * Enable secret CSC features

OP kkoolpatz

7th December 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #11  
Flag Auckland, EnZed
Thanks Meter: 272

886 posts
More
If you don't have /system/csc/features.xml, try /system/csc/others/xml.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onslaught86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 230

664 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithelln

Same for me. I'm running 4.1.2 and there is no framework.xml file in the folder. I'm using root explorer.

Why on earth did they disable the sub symbols on the international variants? Crazy!

I guess I cn make a flashable zip when I get home. Jz the file only.. push it in /system/csc
But im on international variant.. so make a nandroid backup if wanna flash it

edit: seems like i wont be home anytime soon.. so i upload the file itself. extract the rar file. copy and paste the file to /system/csc
gip rw-r-r permission and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: rar feature.rar - [Click for QR Code] (898 Bytes, 512 views)
Last edited by xcxa23; 7th December 2012 at 12:06 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xcxa23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

96 posts
Thanks for the sub key mod! Renewed appreciate for stock keyboard!
7th December 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 297

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onslaught86

If you don't have /system/csc/features.xml, try /system/csc/others/xml.

Has this worked for anybody? Can someone without the features file confirm if this works?
7th December 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 40

315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxa23

I guess I cn make a flashable zip when I get home. Jz the file only.. push it in /system/csc
But im on international variant.. so make a nandroid backup if wanna flash it

edit: seems like i wont be home anytime soon.. so i upload the file itself. extract the rar file. copy and paste the file to /system/csc
gip rw-r-r permission and reboot.

I tried this on my EE UK N7105 running 4.1.2, but no sub characters on the keyboard after reboot. Also causes the Samsung keyboard to force close when you click on the keyboard settings unfortunately. I guess they've changed the code in 4.1.2.
7th December 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 230

664 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln

I tried this on my EE UK N7105 running 4.1.2, but no sub characters on the keyboard after reboot. Also causes the Samsung keyboard to force close when you click on the keyboard settings unfortunately. I guess they've changed the code in 4.1.2.

hmm.. perhaps.. what language did u choose?? currently i was on omega v7.3 which is also 4.1.2 leaked version..
can u try to change ur the phone language to english(US) and then reboot see can it be fix? cos the code is intented for US and i duno what is the code for UK
perviously i choose UK and the sub does not appear, after change to UK it did appear.
7th December 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 40

315 posts
The problem is the settings menu force closes, so I can't get as far as setting the language!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
7th December 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoolpatz

Has this worked for anybody? Can someone without the features file confirm if this works?

Edit: you can edit the others file instead if you haven't got the features file - it seems to work the same.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by htc-rocks; 7th December 2012 at 10:20 PM.
7th December 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 297

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxa23

hmm.. perhaps.. what language did u choose?? currently i was on omega v7.3 which is also 4.1.2 leaked version..
can u try to change ur the phone language to english(US) and then reboot see can it be fix? cos the code is intented for US and i duno what is the code for UK
perviously i choose UK and the sub does not appear, after change to UK it did appear.

I'm too on Omega which is 4.1.2 and it works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln

The code is for UK as well as US. Make sure there is no space in the line. the formatting on the first page shows as if there is a space between en and _GB
7th December 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
Interesting, turns out if I just download the US laguage then I get the symbols - but I lose the option for handwriting recognition next to the spacebar. Hmmm....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread