Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Apollo?
add it to /data/app 4 16.00%
don't add it 21 84.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] MIUI v4 3.1.25 | JB 4.1.2 | 1/25/2013

Tip us?

ringnutz
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I'm gonna keep a close eye on this. I need a stable working phone for work though. Nice to see miui is getting some love for the hoxl. Keep up the good work guys.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

mirGantrophy
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1424
When MIUI updates today, im going to add in hardware mapping, 4.2 camera, 4.2 keyboard, try and fix back lights, and add a few apps in /system/app like Terminal Emulator and Titanium backup.. and rohan's kernel since it will be based on the 12/07/12 cm10 nightly, so it'll work with it

Sent from my HTC One X-

Nexus 5 - RIP in peace
Nexus 4 - Sold
HTC One XL - Dead
HTC Aria - Sold, no clue where it's at now
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mirGantrophy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NYConex
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I've been using my nexus 4 as my daily driver so my HTC one x will be on this ROM. Let me know if you need any help with anything!

lauterm
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutelygrim View Post
When MIUI updates today, im going to add in hardware mapping, 4.2 camera, 4.2 keyboard, try and fix back lights, and add a few apps in /system/app like Terminal Emulator and Titanium backup.. and rohan's kernel since it will be based on the 12/07/12 cm10 nightly, so it'll work with it

Sent from my HTC One X-
I'm really looking forward to the hardware mapping and the 4.2 camera and keyboard. I ignored the warning about 4.2 gapps not working right and installed them anyway. The keyboard and camera seem to be working fine. I'm having problems with the Play Store. I'm assuming it's my fault for using the wrong gapps.

I don't really care for pre-installed system apps, but it's your ROM. So, do what you want.

Other than the things listed in the OP, everything things seems to work smoothly. Good work!

mirGantrophy
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauterm View Post
I'm really looking forward to the hardware mapping and the 4.2 camera and keyboard. I ignored the warning about 4.2 gapps not working right and installed them anyway. The keyboard and camera seem to be working fine. I'm having problems with the Play Store. I'm assuming it's my fault for using the wrong gapps.

I don't really care for pre-installed system apps, but it's your ROM. So, do what you want.

Other than the things listed in the OP, everything things seems to work smoothly. Good work!
You can always uninstall them :\ right now the only system app is xda

Sent from my HTC One X-

Nexus 5 - RIP in peace
Nexus 4 - Sold
HTC One XL - Dead
HTC Aria - Sold, no clue where it's at now
The Following User Says Thank You to mirGantrophy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Myrder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1043

DONATE TO ME
I do believe that I have pin pointed the 4G and the backlight problem. Expect those to be fixed with the next release.
My Work
MIUI v4[dev stopped]
MIUI v5[dev stopped]
How to Port a ROM w/ MIUI info

Did I help you, or provide useful information? Please click the thanks button, it makes me feel good about myself.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Myrder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sundar_amn
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
I do believe that I have pin pointed the 4G and the backlight problem. Expect those to be fixed with the next release.
Thanks guys!! i will try tonight and report back any new bugs.
HTC TyTnII (1 year)
HTC Touch Pro ( 1 year)
T-Mobile G1 (3 months)
iPhone 3GS (1 year)
HTC HD2 (1 month)
HTC Evo (1 month)
HTC HD2 with Android (6 Months)
HTC Sensation 4G
iPhone 4 (1 year)
HTC One X (6 months)

Love Android and iOS.

Myrder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringnutz View Post
I'm gonna keep a close eye on this. I need a stable working phone for work though. Nice to see miui is getting some love for the hoxl. Keep up the good work guys.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
It's about as stable as cm10. Most of the bugs are either on cm10's end or MIUI's end. MIUI is working on releasing v5 to try and fix the bugs on MIUI's end.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar_amn View Post
Thanks guys!! i will try tonight and report back any new bugs.
Read post 3 on how to report them.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
I'm having problems with the Play Store. I'm assuming it's my fault for using the wrong gapps.
Could you flash another gapps and see if the play store works? I'm curious about this. Although, it could be user error.
My Work
MIUI v4[dev stopped]
MIUI v5[dev stopped]

Did I help you, or provide useful information? Please click the thanks button, it makes me feel good about myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myrder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lauterm
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
Could you flash another gapps and see if the play store works? I'm curious about this. Although, it could be user error.
It was indeed user error. I just got done wiping and starting over. Everything was fine the second time with 4.2 gapps. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time. Next time I'll try it twice before posting anything. :P

Myrder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It was indeed user error. I just got done wiping and starting over. Everything was fine the second time with 4.2 gapps. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time. Next time I'll try it twice before posting anything. :P
No biggie, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with it. I flashed 4.2 gapps yesterday before release and it worked fine.
My Work
MIUI v4[dev stopped]
MIUI v5[dev stopped]

The Following User Says Thank You to Myrder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evita, htc one xl, miui v4, miui.us