Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Tip us?

Bajanman
Old
(Last edited by Bajanman; 2nd March 2013 at 04:33 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5,100

DONATE TO ME
Default Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Well I have read and noticed that the data cap is set at 5 gig's. For some people. And after you pass those 5 gigs you get data slowed down (throttled). And in fact this did happen to me once!
But when I upgraded to my LTE phone.(skyrocket) The unlimited data cap is 10 gigs b4 they slow you down. Was just pointing that out since I haven't been slowed down at all. Full speed ahead. And now with the NOTE 2. Speeds are excellent on LTE!!. First test was out in San Diego with my girl having dinner!

So for all of you out there that have the grandfather unlimited data plan. Then sit back& enjoy you 10 gigs of full speed ahead.... Keep in mind that when I did those test I was way pass there so called 5 gig mark!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354899014518.jpg
Views:	2965
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1544466
This is what I get at home. And this is b4 the custom Rom!! Fully stock right from the store.. Me love me LTE..

Here's the link to all the AT&T APN's. For who ever wants them!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2172110

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354898601642.jpg
Views:	2778
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1544455   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354898655689.jpg
Views:	2840
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1544456   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354898692733.jpg
Views:	2659
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1544457  
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 822
Is that att.? What app are u using that gives u data?

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

flex3269
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I passed my 5 gig last month an the moment I do I was throttled to an almost unusable speed. Who said it was 10gb officially?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I have AT&T's "unlimited" LTE plan for my Note 2. As soon as I approached 5GB in one billing period, I got a warning text, and shortly thereafter, was throttled back from 50Mb/s to 0.5Mb/s--a factor of 100 slower.

jmikeb92
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I was told by a text message on my Inspire 4G as I approached a cap that it was 3 gigs for non LTE devices and 5 gigs for LTE before they throttled. An AT&T representative confirmed this when I picked up my Note 2. However I have heard that if you have proof of them throttling (I.e. screenshots of speed test) and you call them up and complain and even site a certain court case against throttling (Google it) they will remove the throttle. Though you may have to do this multiple times before they finally give up on throttling toy indefinitely. Now this is all rumors and hearsay so don't take my word for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

PolishPoower1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hey guys im pretty new ...are these stats good ??

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354917185277.jpg
Views:	2320
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1545137  

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5,100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess View Post
Is that att.? What app are u using that gives u data?

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

Yes I'm on AT&T. The app is AT&T smart Wi-Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex3269 View Post
I passed my 5 gig last month an the moment I do I was throttled to an almost unusable speed. Who said it was 10gb officially?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

If you go on the AT&T website sing in and go to your phone and look up data usage. At the bottom it tells you what's your max kb. And what you have used. I'll pull it up, and post 4u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikeb92 View Post
I was told by a text message on my Inspire 4G as I approached a cap that it was 3 gigs for non LTE devices and 5 gigs for LTE before they throttled. An AT&T representative confirmed this when I picked up my Note 2. However I have heard that if you have proof of them throttling (I.e. screenshots of speed test) and you call them up and complain and even site a certain court case against throttling (Google it) they will remove the throttle. Though you may have to do this multiple times before they finally give up on throttling toy indefinitely. Now this is all rumors and hearsay so don't take my word for it.

No I didn't have to call and complain. Maybe we've been very long time customer's, with about 6 devices on there network that are all unlimited. So don't think that they would want to slow me down.

I'm going to go on the website and take a pic of what I'm saying about your total data that they give you. Mine is called LTE basic. Something like that.

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

jmikeb92
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Well my family and I will reach our 20th anniversary in January so idk if its based off that. We also have 3 $30 a month data plans, mine being the only unlimited. I doubt I will reach 5 gigs but if they should I have taken the speed test screenshots to prove it.

mikaarce
Old
(Last edited by mikaarce; 8th December 2012 at 10:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Now this is what I just got, I recieved a TXT that I will be throttled bec. I reached 5 gigs, and then last nigth my wife got a TXT that she will be throttled because she reached 3 gigs. We both have unlimited and on family plan.

bkjerry82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too can confirm that I have been throttled at the 5GB mark using a GN2 on the AT&T network.