Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,901 Members 41,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kindle Fire 2 Restore][Working!!!]-12/7/2012

Tip us?

powerpoint45
Old
Thanks Meter 1,892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfathead View Post
Am I right in thinking that this will recover a KF2 that has the red triangle. I used Rom Toolbox to change the RAM settings, set the SD boost and change the font. When it rebooted I got the red triangle. Rebooting and pushing the power button 5 times reboots to the red triangle again.

Wondering if I should try this or just contact Amazon.

EDIT: The kindle didn't even register on my PC any more. adb devices doesn't list anything anymore either so I think it's truly gone. I think 4 days is a record for me.

Sent using my Jelly fingers.
Factory cable?

Sent from my KFOT using xda app-developers app

Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!

Alin1997
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Work this on Windows?

BookCase
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alin1997 View Post
Work this on Windows?
Not for me.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

-

powerpoint45
Old
Thanks Meter 1,892

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for making this tut. Yesterday I couldn't figure out how to flash my system back because It was too big. This method worked.

Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!

chronicfathead
Old
(Last edited by chronicfathead; 6th January 2013 at 09:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Been looking for instructions on how to use the backup.sh, and I finally found them. Follow the instructions here to use the backup.sh located in the first post of this thread. DO NOT USE the backup.sh listed on the linked post.

Use this Backup.sh file: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1354900827

Follow the backup info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...63&postcount=1

None of my work, just thought it would help to make it easier to find.

The first time I ran the script, I could only see 4 zipped files. I copied those off and then ran the script again. The second time I couldn't see any files in the kindlebackups folder when using my PC, but I could see all the backups using ES File Manager. I ended up copying them to the downloads folder, and then I could see them from my PC.
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][LIST][*]LG G2 - D80210b-EUR-XX. .................running CloudyG3, rooted with Philz Advanced recovery
[*]Kindle Fire 2 ................................running CM11, rooted with TWRP recovery

MisterSir69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
This works great but the op could use some organization. Took me a good while to Find the file but once I got it worked like a charm.

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSir69 View Post
This works great but the op could use some organization. Took me a good while to Find the file but once I got it worked like a charm.
ima fix that. I'm going to re-write this post. No idea if the OP will use my revision, but I did it for FMKilo and Powerpoint45 so far.

As a side note, if anyone else posts a main dev topic and wants me to do the layout and whatnot, let me know and I will. I don't mind doing it and making things clear for people since I have the time to do so

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
ima fix that. I'm going to re-write this post. No idea if the OP will use my revision, but I did it for FMKilo and Powerpoint45 so far.

As a side note, if anyone else posts a main dev topic and wants me to do the layout and whatnot, let me know and I will. I don't mind doing it and making things clear for people since I have the time to do so
lol, actually working at work...
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
lol, actually working at work...
Pfffffffft. I actually may have to start doing that sadly. I could still re-write 2-3 posts a day though (4 days a week while I'm at work) so even if we got a bunch of devs and I re-wrote all the posts, still do-able haha. Today or this weekend I want to get a bunch of color codes so I can get nice themes going for people. Yours is red, PPT teal/blue, and this one is purple but I think it would need neat to have each dev having their own color scheme. Maybe I'm just odd though.

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
Pfffffffft. I actually may have to start doing that sadly. I could still re-write 2-3 posts a day though (4 days a week while I'm at work) so even if we got a bunch of devs and I re-wrote all the posts, still do-able haha. Today or this weekend I want to get a bunch of color codes so I can get nice themes going for people. Yours is red, PPT teal/blue, and this one is purple but I think it would need neat to have each dev having their own color scheme. Maybe I'm just odd though.
sounds good to me...
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev